Fake Belts?!!

armbarcrashdummy - The fakes are everywhere.

I'm in Canberra (Capital of Australia, pop 320k) and BJJ's pretty light on here. We've only just recently got a legit Black Belt (Humaita) and the other instructors are all Purples and one Brown.

Anyway, about 2 years ago I hear rumours of a BJJ Black Belt that's set up shop. I ask around a bit and learn the following things:

- Yes, he's claiming to be a BJJ Black Belt.
- Who happens to be 'vision impaired'...
- And got his BB from Renzo Gracie.....

There's three problems with this:

1 - BB's are still rare as in most parts of Aus.
2 - How many 'blind' BB's are there? I know of two - Vandry and that young guy.
3 - Renzo? The dude is legendary for being 'stingy' (in a good way).

Combining all three, I suspect shenanigans. So, a quick email to Renzo's academy and sure enough, they've never heard of him.

I also found out of my Judo coach at the time, that this particular chap was known for 'enhancing' credentials, stories and the like.

So I start telling anyone who'll listen that Renzo's academy have never heard of him and before long (not saying I was responsible) he just sort of fades away....

You mean me?

Besides Vandry and myself I don't think there are any tyhat are VI.

Why pretedn you are something when you are not

Ruh roh

subscribed

I've only been training for a little over 2 years and just received a 2nd stripe on my blue belt. And I couldn't be more proud. Can not understand why people have to lie about rank, records and who they train with. It's insecurity on their part and really shouldn't bother me, but it does...

Ben,

I trained quite a bit with Saporito. If you have a pic of this guy who claims to be a BB under him, post it! I can tell you if I ever saw him there...

I couldnt make out exactly what he looks like from the video.

The guy in the vid (Adriano, Godoi BB) is not the guy that was claiming BB. He is.

This other guy is claiming the BB from Saporitto. I will try find a pic.

walbjj - that was roli delgado. it came off as being really shady in the show, and i have no idea why roli chose to explain it in such an ass backward manner. he seems intelligent so could have summed it up more concisely.
roli as it turns out is indeed a legit bb

I suspect he was a little confused by the question and nervous when he answered.

HateMachine - Sweet Jesus, Ben! Godoi belt tests look like gang-initiation beatdowns! What the fuck is Godoi Jiujitsu?

-HateMachine

It is what it is.

andre - Ben,

I trained quite a bit with Saporito. If you have a pic of this guy who claims to be a BB under him, post it! I can tell you if I ever saw him there...

I couldnt make out exactly what he looks like from the video.

BenBJJ is not referring to the guy in the video whos name is Adriano. Adriano is a legit BB, evident in the video as it was a BB test and he was getting smashed ... hehehe.

Adriano is also one of my coach.

Hey Bluesky! I dropped in with Raphael and Adriano the other week to Marios, were you there?

I heard you guys dropped in a few weeks ago on a long weekend Monday. Was that the day? I was not there.

Yep. May do again with Adrinao sometime. (keep it on the downlow...)

OctopusFighter - 
bonez05 - Also, I think Mir doesn't have much room to talk, I think Roli could have asked the same question of him.

If Roli had asked Mir who he got his black belt from Mir would have answered "Ricardo Pires" and that would have been the end of it.

exactly my point ;)

Who is Ricado Pires?

BenBJJ - Who is Ricado Pires?

exactly my point ;)

Back in the day we had a guy who bought his BB and being a bit athletic, the group let him train. He actually bought a Gi and with a red magic Marker put 'Hapkido' on the back (which bled when he sweated).

One day he came into my new dojo and wanted to spar. I put on the gear and got ready. He was about 4" taller than me and maybe 10lbs heavier.

About 3 minutes into sparring, I sorta had him backed into a corner and was just kinda tapping him with a couple punches, nothing that aggressive. He suddenly stopped and said 'I need to make a phone call'. I was 'Huh?'

He went into the office, talked on the phone and then said he had to leave. He packed up his stuff and left. At the time I was a colored belt. The guy could throw a few gi-snapping kicks and he was athletic and lanky. But otherwise he had nothing. I rarely saw him around after that.

About 5 years later, I saw him at a tournamet in town, and he'd gained about 30lbs, big gut, still wearing that gi, and had permed his hair. LOL. He was 'co-hosting' the tournament. Oh well, it takes all kinds. Figure he was a 5th degree by that time. How, or with whom, I have no idea.I think he had 'fooled' one of the Korean BB's into accepting his 'rank'. LOL.

BenBJJ - Who is Ricado Pires?
Ricardo pires is a well known BJJ BB.He is Cameron Diffley's BJJ coach.

His Lineage:
Carlos Gracie sr
Rillion Gracie
Aloisio Silva
Ricardo Pires

I believe he was an instructor at the Las Vegas Combat club with Sergio Penha and also started Legion Jiujitsu

Very well respected BJJ BB

ttt