Fake MMA Claims or Real: U DECIDE

"I doubt they even scratch the surface."

of course not... but something is better than nothing.

"I think its safe to say nobody knows what kind of training they'll get from someone until they train with them, ask them some hard questions and decide if they are satisfied with the answers and the training itself."

Which is exactly what I did.

Grandnat

"This website has been known to spawn some pretty good Dojo storming stories."

And one man's dojo storming is another man's being-assaulted-by-some-asshole

No, I'm not saying you assaulted anyone or that you are an asshole.

Are you going to go back and roll with him?

Wait a sec just saw on his website

Friday
Weekend Killer cardio combatives

signs up

BTW apparently he has a pic of him "fighting" on his myspace. Turns out its a photo of Nuri Shakir vs. Aaron Riley in Hooknshoot.

hey juszczec, can you even see the ground from the top of that fucking horse?

GlenDanzig

"hey juszczec, can you even see the ground from the top of that fucking horse?"

My only point is, dojo storming and beating the shit out of some fraud who may deserve it and exposing him as a fraud to the people he's stealing from may be satisfying but its still assault. And the law gonna look at it like that.

Also, people aren't too stupid. If you are training with a fraud and accept their every word as gospel and don't ask any questions then maybe you deserve to be taken advantage of.

how could grandat be charged with assault?

would master sensei ever have the nerve to file a lawsuit or assault charges against a dojo stormer?

the cops and the judge would laugh.

my defense would be to ask him his credentials.

how could a man with 14 black belts in the most deadly martial arts be beaten up by a kid who posts on mma.tv?

of course sparring was changed from bjj to kickboxing. anything to avoid a loss in front of the students.

stephen

StephenL

"how could grandat be charged with assault?"

I'm not talking about what grandat did. That's not what I call dojo storming.

When someone says dojo storming I think of someone coming in uninvited, challenging the guy in charge in order to make them look bad and hoping to humiliate the owner/instuctor/whatever for their own pleasure.

What grandat did was like a restaurant review. He went, he sampled what they had and gave his opinion. That's pretty valuable IMNSHO.

Who do I talk to about a ReviewGround?

My intention was to go there and roll with him. I thought I made that clear both on my post on bullshido and when I first met him, not to mention my post on here. I told him I was looking forward to rolling with him.

I didn't go there to assault the guy. I went there to see what kind of grappling skills this guy has and more importantly what and how he actually teaches.

He has BJJ 6 days a week according to his schedule and my research has uncovered that he isn't even a blue belt in BJJ.

I intend to roll with him and hopefully I will Saturday morning if I can make it.

"how could a man with 14 black belts in the most deadly martial arts be beaten up by a kid who posts on mma.tv? "

I am 30.

Not assault if he consents to fight.

Grandnat

I'm the guy who equated dojo storming with assault.

I figure I better explain myself before this thread gets waaaaay out of hand.

"My intention was to go there and roll with him. I thought I made that clear both on my post on bullshido and when I first met him, not to mention my post on here. I told him I was looking forward to rolling with him.

I didn't go there to assault the guy."

You made it very clear that you weren't going to challenge/assault or otherwise abuse the guy. I am NOT trying to say you did.

Someone on this thread called what you did "dojo storming" which, IMNSHO can involve challenging someone, abusing them and assaulting them.

What you did was:

"I went there to see what kind of grappling skills this guy has and more importantly what and how he actually teaches."

and came back and posted your experience.

This is incredibly valuable to anyone who's thinking of training with the guy.

You didn't find out what you wanted to know. So:

"I intend to roll with him and hopefully I will Saturday morning if I can make it."

I hope you post that experience as well.

Reading mma.tv I find alot of people have trained with styles/organizations/schools and found out the expensive (or painful) way that they weren't getting what they wanted or were promised.

In an unregulated industry like MA instructions, there is little to do.

Except, write and publicize reviews like yours.

You've given me the idea for a School ReviewGround. Hopefully, today work will lighten up so I can email Kirik about it. If not, I'll definitely do it this evening.

I think you are providing a valuable service to anyone training near the guy you've visited. I'd love it if we could build on the idea.

I understood your post. I never though you were accusing me of anything.

Hmm. Wonder if at that size he is gonna try to slam to escape the armbar/triangle rather than lose face. Be careful of the size overmatch and the fact that he is more likely to "improvise" than let someone eat his lunch in his own school and damage the facade he has lied extensively to build.

I expect it.

Grandnat is not exactly small. He is highly legit and he can handle this evil-doer.

Paul, you should get PanAmSleuth on the case.

LIES . . . TREACHERY . . . DECEIT

ttt

to bad it would probably be next to impossible to video tape grandnat's rolling with that guy. He probably doesn't allow people to video and show off his "combat secrets" to the world. Big ups for Grandnat going down there to investigate this clown.

Grandnat

"I understood your post. I never though you were accusing me of anything."

Ok. Glad to know that.

juszczec why do you care if some a$$ wipe that is teaching people things that would hurt them in a fight or put them in worst position in a street circumstance gets their ass kicked? I mean seriously if guys like this are making money off people and taking advantage of peoples naivete regarding MMA, and martial arts i think they should be exposed for exactly what they are.