Fedor can take his 2.5 and shove it up his ass.

FingerorMoon - A near 40yr old athlete that was already past his prime and retired is looking to make a last dump of cash to last him the rest of his life.

He doesn't owe you shit.
This is how I've been looking at it. Phone Post 3.0

It is obvious was a just a money grab. Now if people/fedor claim that he is trying to be the best again, that is a different story. Good for him that he can get someone to pay him 2.5 mil for fighting a can.

Dom Hemingway - I was there in 2005 to watch Mirko / Fedor, I'll never forget it. But as a huge Fedya supporter and forever a PRIDE die hard, Fedor fighting anywhere but the UFC is clown sauce. And you can't deny it. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0

As an mma fan since at least 2005, how did it take you until 2014 to join the only forum that mattered?

2.5 million for one night, no fighter in the world turns that down.

It would say something sad about his personality if he cared what a bunch of strangers thought over 2.5 million dollards. But we live in the American Idol age where every other flea on God's scrotum thinks otherwise. Phone Post 3.0

Kirik -

I am bummed out for myself, and super happy for Fedor. I hope Kimbo gets paid $1,000,000 too, or who ever they choose as "a fighter who will mean something for the future of mixed martial arts."

For me, I got a lot of happiness from watching Fedor. I am happy to watch him collect a paycheck now.

And, yah, I am wicked bummed he is not in the UFC.

Actually this is exactly how I feel Phone Post 3.0

Agree exactly w Kirik. It's a shame the UFC couldn't justify paying a more competitive contract, but you can't fault them either if the American fan base wouldn't pay them off. Phone Post 3.0

2JupitersTooMany - Agree exactly w Kirik. It's a shame the UFC couldn't justify paying a more competitive contract, but you can't fault them either if the American fan base wouldn't pay them off. Phone Post 3.0

as do I

but they could have held a couple big UFC Japan cards with Fedor, Hunt, Reem, etc

Op is a joke. Phone Post 3.0

I have no idea if the UFC blew it or not. Phone Post 3.0

Neil McCauley -
Dom Hemingway - I was there in 2005 to watch Mirko / Fedor, I'll never forget it. But as a huge Fedya supporter and forever a PRIDE die hard, Fedor fighting anywhere but the UFC is clown sauce. And you can't deny it. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0

As an mma fan since at least 2005, how did it take you until 2014 to join the only forum that mattered?
No interest Phone Post 3.0

Mr Spliff - Op is a joke. Phone Post 3.0
Lol, totally Phone Post 3.0

He's making $2.5 million to fight? What an idiot Phone Post 3.0

I agree with Kirik... it is pathetic that the UFC wasn't willing to pay him what he is worth.

Really F'd up for the UFC not to bring in the greatest fighter ever.

Everywhere Fedor fought, the company eventually went bankrupt.
So it's probably a good thing he didn't go to UFC cause if they fell MMA would be back in the dark ages again.

FingerorMoon - A near 40yr old athlete that was already past his prime and retired is looking to make a last dump of cash to last him the rest of his life.

He doesn't owe you shit.
This. He has earned a guaranteed multi-million dollar cash grab against lesser opponents. He has already lost against the best, why not take the easy money? We already saw what he did at his peak against the best in the world. He is getting his much deserved victory lap. Phone Post 3.0

to me... Fedor got offered a shit ton of money to help kickstart the new Pride (Samurai).... he has a ton of Japanese fans and is the perfect situation for him...

even if he only does do one fight just for money... going to be very cool to see him fight again

my pick was Couture... but from other threads this does seem less likely now (due to UFC contract issues)... Phone Post 3.0

so OP wants him to take less money and work for that weasel Dana White, I applaud Fedor for keeping his dignity and not signing, after everything Dana's said about him

lionsoul -

I agree with Kirik... it is pathetic that the UFC wasn't willing to pay him what he is worth.

Really F'd up for the UFC not to bring in the greatest fighter ever.

Why is it fucked up to not be willing to bring in one of the greatest fighters of all time at the cost of millions of dollars upfront plus PPV points?

I love me some Fedor but unless they were planning on protecting him, he would most likely lose (badly to some of the upper echelon guys). He isn't 29 years old anymore and that's ok, but it's perfectly acceptable for the UFC to not want to pay him for his victory lap. Phone Post 3.0

Nick Diaz still GOAT - so OP wants him to take less money and work for that weasel Dana White, I applaud Fedor for keeping his dignity and not signing, after everything Dana's said about him

How do you know how much he was offered? You a mind reader or something? The UFC would have blown up Fedor into a megastar in the US. UFC is also going to Japan.

And the Dana thing cracks me up, he might be a slick business man, but you know damn well you watch the UFC.

Why don't you boycott? Bellator and ONE are out there, the elite MMA you need.