Fedor & Meathead staredown (vid)

Matts gonna have a reach advantage. 

Its a fight so hey, anything can happen. 1 hit from Fedor can put anyone on queer street. I cant remember how Matts chin is but Fedor has a good one and he has steel in those russian fists.

Im def going for Fedor.

Really excited for this.  I'm torn.  Im a Mitrione fan, but I also always want to see Fedor win.

I don't think Fedor looks all that small.  he's always been on the small end of HW anyway, and has perfromed well against bigger guys.

I do think Fedor looks to get this to the ground, though.

Dont want to see either guy lose.

Regardless, my body is ready

Weigh ins happening at 8p

Is that BJ Penn in the background?

Part of what makes Fedor so great is that he is undersized for heavyweight, and doesn't give a fuck.  Remember those Strikeforce Grand Prix group photos?  It was shocking to see how small he was compared to everyone else.

Don't like Fedor's chances in this one.

Fedor (236 lbs) and Mitrione (257.5 lbs) have weighed in ahead of Bellator 172 tomorrow night. 21.5 lbs weight difference.

You guys wanna see him flex or whatever?

Mitrione looks huge. Fedor has to fight smart and use his grappling. If he tries his sloppy boxing again, he'll be in trouble.

But either way, Fedor never has a boring fight. Excited.

Card - 

One guy fought in an era that allowed kicks to a downed opponent, as well as modern era. He fought guys far above the UFC's weight limit of 265lbs. In most of his fights he either had a weight disadavantage or height/reach disadvantage, if not both.  He lived a clean lifestyle, never got in trouble with the law, never disrespected his opponents with trash talk.  Fought in the heaviest most dangerous division, and dominated for over 9 years in his prime. 

Image result for jon jones bigger than opponent

The other guy comes from a family of super athletes, having two brothers have successful NFL careers. He fought at light heavyweight his entire career, mostly having a height/reach advantage in almost all his bouts.  Never fought someone heavier than him. Never fought someone with a reach advantage on him.  Has fueded with teammates publically, has engaged in trash talk with multiple opponents, has been in trouble with the law many times.  Has NEVER fought a heavyweight fighter his entire career.

Image result for jon jones fedor emelianenko

D241 -
Card - 

One guy fought in an era that allowed kicks to a downed opponent, as well as modern era. He fought guys far above the UFC's weight limit of 265lbs. In most of his fights he either had a weight disadavantage or height/reach disadvantage, if not both.  He lived a clean lifestyle, never got in trouble with the law, never disrespected his opponents with trash talk.  Fought in the heaviest most dangerous division, and dominated for over 9 years in his prime. 

Image result for jon jones bigger than opponent

The other guy comes from a family of super athletes, having two brothers have successful NFL careers. He fought at light heavyweight his entire career, mostly having a height/reach advantage in almost all his bouts.  Never fought someone heavier than him. Never fought someone with a reach advantage on him.  Has fueded with teammates publically, has engaged in trash talk with multiple opponents, has been in trouble with the law many times.  Has NEVER fought a heavyweight fighter his entire career.

Image result for jon jones fedor emelianenko

add the fact he tested positive for steroids and the act many of his big name wins where against fighters in there decline. 

Fabes -
Barry_BondsMVP - 
Bofbro -
Barry_BondsMVP -

Fedor has to fight smart, he can't be overly aggressive anymore. He needs to be patient, use his kickboxing and pick his spots. I expect Mitrione to try and use his size to wear down Fedor. Fedor needs to stay on the outside, set up some traps and let Mitrione be the aggressor. 

Fighting on the outside with Matt is not the best way to win the fight

Fedor is a much better striker... if he uses his game plan like he did with Monson, Ishii and Pedro he can break down meathead and get him to over comitt on something. 

Definitely possible. But if we get the Fedor who fought Maldonado, he's in BIG trouble.

Of course, I like to think Fedor understands he's not a machine like he use to be... and has to be very cautious against someone like Meathead. 

Barry_BondsMVP -

Fedor has to fight smart, he can't be overly aggressive anymore. He needs to be patient, use his kickboxing and pick his spots. I expect Mitrione to try and use his size to wear down Fedor. Fedor needs to stay on the outside, set up some traps and let Mitrione be the aggressor. 

He better cause if he fights like he did against Maldonado it's gonna be 50/50 slugfest with someone getting finished within the first round most likely him

The Immortal One -
Barry_BondsMVP -

He better cause if he fights like he did against Maldonado it's gonna be 50/50 slugfest with someone getting finished within the first round most likely him

Well I was happy to see he brought Peter Teijse to the fight with him. Means he's been working on his Dutch striking.

NicolasRGC - I see a repeat of Fedor vs Brett Rogers where he was clearly outpowered and only won by desperation overhand KO. That's not gonna happen to Mitrione though. He'll have a better chance beating Matt on the ground but Fedor hasn't been a ground fighter for a long time. Love me some emperor but this is a bad fight for him. If Matt wins it'll also raise his stock and we might see him back in the UFC hopefully.

That Fedor was 8 years younger.  I doubt he still has the same explosiveness.

Silverball -

Part of what makes Fedor so great is that he is undersized for heavyweight, and doesn't give a fuck.  Remember those Strikeforce Grand Prix group photos?  It was shocking to see how small he was compared to everyone else.

His biggest asset was his speed and explosiveness which is the first thing to go when you age.

Fedor looks like a grandpa now..smh I don't wanna see him get KO'd bro. Wish he would just let his time be done and enjoy the fights with us. He did a lot for the sport, and now we have to see him get carried out on a stretcher. Sad shit.. Only hope is that Bellator has become known for having the whole "fake fight" vibe, so maybe Mittrione throws a fight here and gives Fedor an armbar.