Fedor opponent named

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - If it's true and he is getting $2.5 million, I don't blame him at all. Get two easy wins and $5 million in the bank. Go back to the UFC and say I can make $2.5 fighting nobodies and the UFC will have to pay him around double that to make it worth his while. I still think he will go to the UFC but he knows he is not in the best shape he's ever been so make an easy $5 mil while he gets back in shape as drive the price up for the UFC. My guess is he fights on NYE and then in April, UFC next July at UFC 200. Phone Post 3.0

From your lips to God's ears!

So anyone that is cool with this fight will be cool with GSP coming out of retirement and fighting a 1-0 guy?

Just for consistency.

Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Dreville79 - Potential GOAT status flying out the window faster than Anderson managed it here!

The thing is, and Fedor nuthuggers can dress it how they please, him and his people psyched everyone up by mentioning fights with top guys as what he wanted.

Just say you want a payday and fair enough, good on you. But you've fucked over your own fans, and that's a shitty thing Phone Post 3.0

How does his status decrease by winning fights? Can you explain that one to me?

If he somehow lost, then I would understand your point.

Because it certainly seems like he's avoiding any serious competition.

The Goat doesn't fight a 1-0 tomato can

It would seem that way if he joined the UFC for the bigger paycheck and only fought unranked Heavyweights. He's off doing his own thing.

Well his own thing is avoiding any serious competition, apparently

Was he avoiding stiff competition when he beat Randleman, Coleman and Noguiera all in one tournament?

Why are you placing expectations on him like he still has something to prove? Or like he talks a big game and fails to back it up?

I didn't say any of that dude.

If you are trying to play it off like this is anything but a lame tomato can crush fight, than you have your love-blinders on.

I'm not saying he needs to jump right in and fight Cain, but this is 100% the exact opposite of that.

He probably will work up more of a sweat taking a shit after eating a quart of ice cream.

I have zero interest in this fight. And so should you.

It's beneath Fedor, and a slap in the face to the fans that were excited to see Fedor in at least a somewhat meaningful fight.

I'm saying that this freakshow fight has no bearing whatsoever on what he's already done in this sport. His legacy was set in stone long ago. You can't brand him as "the guy who doesn't fight good fighters" based on this.

Cementing his legacy. Phone Post 3.0

Used to be a massive Fedor fan but when you start fighting Hobbits.... Done

eXtv -
Dreville79 - 
eXtv -
Dreville79 - 
eXtv -
Dreville79 - Potential GOAT status flying out the window faster than Anderson managed it here!

The thing is, and Fedor nuthuggers can dress it how they please, him and his people psyched everyone up by mentioning fights with top guys as what he wanted.

Just say you want a payday and fair enough, good on you. But you've fucked over your own fans, and that's a shitty thing Phone Post 3.0

Because, and I hate to say this, this is a cowardly move. He's said he wants to fight top guys, and now this? Sorry, but just like the Anderson debacle hasn't helped his legacy, this is fucking over Fedors. It's a complete circus, as is this org he's fighting in. He chose to fight there, and he's chosen cash over his legacy.

Fair play to him, I'm sure most of us would do the same. He can do many things for his family with this money, and it's probably the right choice for him. But for me, it certainly takes him out of the GOAT picture, UNLESS, he goes on from it and this is merely a warm up fight.

For the record, Anderson was my GOAT by a nose over GSP. Anderson is now out, fuck ped users, especially ones who can't ever face the repercussions. I never considered Fedor top 3 myself. But him and Anderson are both greats whatever any of us random internet fans think. And this past few months has been fucking sad to see Phone Post 3.0

Did he say he wanted to fight the best?

Him and his PR team have been the ones behind all the talk of him coming back to fight serious competition yeah, saying he wants some rematches. This is the exact opposite of that.

And people here are seriously suggesting this is Danas fault, lol. I'd imagine any top company would have got tired of Fedor and his teams bullshit long ago Phone Post 3.0

Did he ever say it? I'm not counting his team as him. His wife is his manager and people who've known Fedor in that context have said he typically takes a back-seat in matters of negotiation and promotion.

He employs his team dude, if he doesn't want them fucking up like they have his whole career, employ a better team. You can't not count what people he employs to make his statements say Phone Post 3.0

eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 

It would seem that way if he joined the UFC for the bigger paycheck and only fought unranked Heavyweights. He's off doing his own thing.

Was he avoiding stiff competition when he beat Randleman, Coleman and Noguiera all in one tournament?

Why are you placing expectations on him like he still has something to prove? Or like he talks a big game and fails to back it up?

If you are trying to play it off like this is anything but a lame tomato can crush fight, than you have your love-blinders on.

I'm not saying he needs to jump right in and fight Cain, but this is 100% the exact opposite of that.

He probably will work up more of a sweat taking a shit after eating a quart of ice cream.

It's beneath Fedor, and a slap in the face to the fans that were excited to see Fedor in at least a somewhat meaningful fight.

I'm saying that this freakshow fight has no bearing whatsoever on what he's already done in this sport. His legacy was set in stone long ago. You can't brand him as "the guy who doesn't fight good fighters" based on this.

Again, i didn't say that.

I'm not calling him that for his former career and opponents.

But if you call him a guy that doesn't want to fight good fighters RIGHT NOW, than that appears to be 100% accurate.

And just to be clear, this isn't a freak show fight.

He's not up against a 500 pound sumo guy, or some other outlandish opponent.

He's fighting a HW kickboxer with 1 MMA fight who hasn't won since 2011. It's a can fight, not a freak show fight.

Lost all respect for Fedor and M1 Global for even taking this
fight.

Jon Jones is the GOAT.

Dreville79 - 
eXtv -
Dreville79 - 
eXtv -
Dreville79 - 
eXtv -

Because, and I hate to say this, this is a cowardly move. He's said he wants to fight top guys, and now this? Sorry, but just like the Anderson debacle hasn't helped his legacy, this is fucking over Fedors. It's a complete circus, as is this org he's fighting in. He chose to fight there, and he's chosen cash over his legacy.

Fair play to him, I'm sure most of us would do the same. He can do many things for his family with this money, and it's probably the right choice for him. But for me, it certainly takes him out of the GOAT picture, UNLESS, he goes on from it and this is merely a warm up fight.

For the record, Anderson was my GOAT by a nose over GSP. Anderson is now out, fuck ped users, especially ones who can't ever face the repercussions. I never considered Fedor top 3 myself. But him and Anderson are both greats whatever any of us random internet fans think. And this past few months has been fucking sad to see Phone Post 3.0

Did he say he wanted to fight the best?

Him and his PR team have been the ones behind all the talk of him coming back to fight serious competition yeah, saying he wants some rematches. This is the exact opposite of that.

And people here are seriously suggesting this is Danas fault, lol. I'd imagine any top company would have got tired of Fedor and his teams bullshit long ago Phone Post 3.0

Did he ever say it? I'm not counting his team as him. His wife is his manager and people who've known Fedor in that context have said he typically takes a back-seat in matters of negotiation and promotion.

He employs his team dude, if he doesn't want them fucking up like they have his whole career, employ a better team. You can't not count what people he employs to make his statements say Phone Post 3.0

What statements? I've been trawling recent headlines and found nothing outside of Fedor saying he'd like a rematch against Werdum, which I'm sure he would, hints that they said they were gonna go right out the gate and fight top fighters.

Remember, this is a one, maybe two fight deal. The Russian MMA Union said one, Helwani, two. You people are acting like Fedor has guaranteed himself to spend the rest of his career doing this.

Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 

Again, i didn't say that.

I'm not calling him that for his former career and opponents.

But if you call him a guy that doesn't want to fight good fighters RIGHT NOW, than that appears to be 100% accurate.

And just to be clear, this isn't a freak show fight.

He's not up against a 500 pound sumo guy, or some other outlandish opponent.

He's fighting a HW kickboxer with 1 MMA fight who hasn't won since 2011. It's a can fight, not a freak show fight.

I see what you're saying. If he doesn't, that's not a problem. He shouldn't be condemmned for wanting an easy matchup after spending three and a half years on the sidelines.

1-0 and his only fight was in Supa Fight Leeeeeeeeeeague.  For fucks sake I was already halfway expecting a can but this is on another level.  I was in the arena during at Dynamite when they announced Fedor's return and I screamed like a schoolgirl.  I want my screams back.

evil veiled - How naive are the people on this thread? Do you guys KNOW Fedor and Dana's negotiating history? They have NEVER come to terms on a SINGLE fight.

Why do you think that is? Because possibly Dana is low-balling Fedor, and telling him "No one in America knows who you are. Look at Rousey, she's famous. Look at McGregor, people know who he is. They move the needle. You don't."

Naaah... BLAF wouldn't do us like that... Just like he wouldn't tell the NAC to suspend Nick Diaz for a long ass time, to try to get him in a shitty negotiating position.
Supposedly the UFC offered him a massive contract back in the day that was so big it actually pissed off Randy. The thing they couldn't get over was the co-promotion with M-1...which was a ridiculous request. I'm sure they offered him lots of $ but he obviously does not want to fight top guys.

I'm looking forward to Fedor's new book "how to bankrupt MMA promotions." Phone Post 3.0

Oh man Phone Post 3.0

Lol. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - If it's true and he is getting $2.5 million, I don't blame him at all. Get two easy wins and $5 million in the bank. Go back to the UFC and say I can make $2.5 fighting nobodies and the UFC will have to pay him around double that to make it worth his while. I still think he will go to the UFC but he knows he is not in the best shape he's ever been so make an easy $5 mil while he gets back in shape as drive the price up for the UFC. My guess is he fights on NYE and then in April, UFC next July at UFC 200. Phone Post 3.0
2.5 million is apparently not true. Google it. Phone Post 3.0

Fedor needs UFC to save his legacy as this point.

This is a complete farce. Phone Post 3.0

Love fedor but fuck this.
Hope he loses. Phone Post 3.0

This shit is so bad its funny. Apparently its his wife managing him... Should of stayed in the kitchen... She lost it good... I bet dana is having a good day right now...

xternity - This shit is so bad its funny. Apparently its his wife managing him... Should of stayed in the kitchen... She lost it good... I bet dana is having a good day right now...

Well, if that's the case, she obviously doesn't want any risk that Fedor will get hurt...so she found the safest, easiest opponent she could find.

This is like letting Adrian manage Rocky's career and decide on his opponents.

xternity - This shit is so bad its funny. Apparently its his wife managing him... Should of stayed in the kitchen... She lost it good... I bet dana is having a good day right now...

His wife got him an easy payday. Sounds like she's doing a good job.