Fedor opponent named

For fucks sake I would rather have him fight CM Punk than this fucking "Dot"...

Fuck fedor.. bye Phone Post 3.0

kinson - Honestly what did we expect? Fedor isnt going to fight a named guy that could possibly defeat him. Not many people have been saying this but let's face it he's running away from fighting in the UFC. If Fedor wanted to fight top level guys he should've demanded a rematch with Werdum.

The man can do whatever he wants. I'm a fan of Fedor and he's earned the right to fight whoever he wants. Fedor doesn't owe us anything but this a little disappointing. Phone Post 3.0
VU

Fedor is officially a joke Phone Post 3.0

How naive are the people on this thread? Do you guys KNOW Fedor and Dana's negotiating history? They have NEVER come to terms on a SINGLE fight.

Why do you think that is? Because possibly Dana is low-balling Fedor, and telling him "No one in America knows who you are. Look at Rousey, she's famous. Look at McGregor, people know who he is. They move the needle. You don't."

Naaah... BLAF wouldn't do us like that... Just like he wouldn't tell the NAC to suspend Nick Diaz for a long ass time, to try to get him in a shitty negotiating position.

evil veiled - OK, so... Dana obviously did not offer Fedor a good deal, and now we are pissed at Fedor?

This guy has fought once a year the last 3 years, so he's not inactive the last 4 years as people have said. He has fought MMA, he has grappled, but mainly he has 50+ kickboxing fights.

He's a tall dude, and he has knocked out Kharitonov! Sergei f*cking Kharitonov! That is not nothing.

I am not stoked about this match-up, but make no qualms about it, if Dana wanted to put together Werdum Vs Fedor II that we all wanted to see, he could have done it! It would have cost him some McGregor/Rousey money, but it could have been done. Easily.
THANKS OBAMA!!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

I cant accept Fedor fighting an indian Frodo Baggins ... im done...

xternity - For fucks sake I would rather have him fight CM Punk than this fucking "Dot"...

Wow. I just want to quote this to hold you accountable for its meanness and immaturity.

lol Phone Post 3.0

eXtv -
Dreville79 - 
eXtv -
Dreville79 - Potential GOAT status flying out the window faster than Anderson managed it here!

The thing is, and Fedor nuthuggers can dress it how they please, him and his people psyched everyone up by mentioning fights with top guys as what he wanted.

Just say you want a payday and fair enough, good on you. But you've fucked over your own fans, and that's a shitty thing Phone Post 3.0

How does his status decrease by winning fights? Can you explain that one to me?

If he somehow lost, then I would understand your point.

Because, and I hate to say this, this is a cowardly move. He's said he wants to fight top guys, and now this? Sorry, but just like the Anderson debacle hasn't helped his legacy, this is fucking over Fedors. It's a complete circus, as is this org he's fighting in. He chose to fight there, and he's chosen cash over his legacy.

Fair play to him, I'm sure most of us would do the same. He can do many things for his family with this money, and it's probably the right choice for him. But for me, it certainly takes him out of the GOAT picture, UNLESS, he goes on from it and this is merely a warm up fight.

For the record, Anderson was my GOAT by a nose over GSP. Anderson is now out, fuck ped users, especially ones who can't ever face the repercussions. I never considered Fedor top 3 myself. But him and Anderson are both greats whatever any of us random internet fans think. And this past few months has been fucking sad to see Phone Post 3.0

Did he say he wanted to fight the best?

Him and his PR team have been the ones behind all the talk of him coming back to fight serious competition yeah, saying he wants some rematches. This is the exact opposite of that.

And people here are seriously suggesting this is Danas fault, lol. I'd imagine any top company would have got tired of Fedor and his teams bullshit long ago Phone Post 3.0

If it's true and he is getting $2.5 million, I don't blame him at all. Get two easy wins and $5 million in the bank. Go back to the UFC and say I can make $2.5 fighting nobodies and the UFC will have to pay him around double that to make it worth his while. I still think he will go to the UFC but he knows he is not in the best shape he's ever been so make an easy $5 mil while he gets back in shape as drive the price up for the UFC. My guess is he fights on NYE and then in April, UFC next July at UFC 200. Phone Post 3.0

Mr Spliff - 
Chimonos Revenge -
eXtv - 
Dreville79 - Potential GOAT status flying out the window faster than Anderson managed it here!

The thing is, and Fedor nuthuggers can dress it how they please, him and his people psyched everyone up by mentioning fights with top guys as what he wanted.

Just say you want a payday and fair enough, good on you. But you've fucked over your own fans, and that's a shitty thing Phone Post 3.0

Because it certainly seems like he's avoiding any serious competition.

The Goat doesn't fight a 1-0 tomato can
No one was calling him the goat because of this comeback.

Dude is 39 and hasn't fought in years and y'all want him to fight Cain and shit. He's already one of the best ever, and fighting some can at 39 yrs old doesn't change that just like Jordan on the wizards, Mays on the mets, et al. Phone Post 3.0

No, this would be like Jordan coming out of retirement and playing against a highschool team

Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 

It would seem that way if he joined the UFC for the bigger paycheck and only fought unranked Heavyweights. He's off doing his own thing.

Well his own thing is avoiding any serious competition, apparently

Was he avoiding stiff competition when he beat Randleman, Coleman and Noguiera all in one tournament?

Why are you placing expectations on him like he still has something to prove? Or like he talks a big game and fails to back it up?

We would have all accepted a "lesser opponent" if that lesser opponent had a name for himself.

No offense to Pat Barry because he's a stud in a general sense and I'm a fan of his like the rest of the UG but that was the fight to make if you wanted to give Fedor a proper warm up. Phone Post 3.0

Holy shit this is lame. Wow! Phone Post 3.0

For $2.5 mil a fight, take it if you can fight cans. Only iOS the price for the UFC when he does sign. Phone Post 3.0

eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 

It would seem that way if he joined the UFC for the bigger paycheck and only fought unranked Heavyweights. He's off doing his own thing.

Well his own thing is avoiding any serious competition, apparently

Was he avoiding stiff competition when he beat Randleman, Coleman and Noguiera all in one tournament?

Why are you placing expectations on him like he still has something to prove? Or like he talks a big game and fails to back it up?

I didn't say any of that dude.

If you are trying to play it off like this is anything but a lame tomato can crush fight, than you have your love-blinders on.

I'm not saying he needs to jump right in and fight Cain, but this is 100% the exact opposite of that.

He probably will work up more of a sweat taking a shit after eating a quart of ice cream.

I have zero interest in this fight. And so should you.

It's beneath Fedor, and a slap in the face to the fans that were excited to see Fedor in at least a somewhat meaningful fight.

Dreville79 -
eXtv -
Dreville79 - 
eXtv -

Because, and I hate to say this, this is a cowardly move. He's said he wants to fight top guys, and now this? Sorry, but just like the Anderson debacle hasn't helped his legacy, this is fucking over Fedors. It's a complete circus, as is this org he's fighting in. He chose to fight there, and he's chosen cash over his legacy.

Fair play to him, I'm sure most of us would do the same. He can do many things for his family with this money, and it's probably the right choice for him. But for me, it certainly takes him out of the GOAT picture, UNLESS, he goes on from it and this is merely a warm up fight.

For the record, Anderson was my GOAT by a nose over GSP. Anderson is now out, fuck ped users, especially ones who can't ever face the repercussions. I never considered Fedor top 3 myself. But him and Anderson are both greats whatever any of us random internet fans think. And this past few months has been fucking sad to see Phone Post 3.0

Him and his PR team have been the ones behind all the talk of him coming back to fight serious competition yeah, saying he wants some rematches. This is the exact opposite of that.

And people here are seriously suggesting this is Danas fault, lol. I'd imagine any top company would have got tired of Fedor and his teams bullshit long ago Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, I'm hot and cold on Dana and always have been but to blame this on the bald father is beyond silly.

Fedor is a man and can take his own (rightfully deserved) lumps.

He's getting paid a shit ton to disappoint his fans and hurt his legacy.

This is a sign of things to come or there is nothing more to come after this.

He's not fighting top comp again so my interest in him as a fighter is gone. Phone Post 3.0

Throwin'Knuckles - Regardless of GOAT talk... Fedor hasn't fought in years. Although I would have much rather seen him fight a name opponent. I'm glad he's taking a tune up fight. Let the man shed some ring rust before he fights Cain, JR or Werdum.

This isn't "shedding ring rust." This is a match-up that would have been vetoed by any ABC member commission because it's not even competitive. It's not even a tune-up fight. It's walking right through a tomato can.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - If it's true and he is getting $2.5 million, I don't blame him at all. Get two easy wins and $5 million in the bank. Go back to the UFC and say I can make $2.5 fighting nobodies and the UFC will have to pay him around double that to make it worth his while. I still think he will go to the UFC but he knows he is not in the best shape he's ever been so make an easy $5 mil while he gets back in shape as drive the price up for the UFC. My guess is he fights on NYE and then in April, UFC next July at UFC 200. Phone Post 3.0
Do you still leave your tooth under your pillow and cookies in milk out on Christmas? Phone Post 3.0

Dreville79 - 
eXtv -
Dreville79 - 
eXtv -

Did he ever say it? I'm not counting his team as him. His wife is his manager and people who've known Fedor in that context have said he typically takes a back-seat in matters of negotiation and promotion.