Fedor opponent named

kinson - Honestly what did we expect? Fedor isnt going to fight a named guy that could possibly defeat him. Not many people have been saying this but let's face it he's running away from fighting in the UFC. If Fedor wanted to fight top level guys he should've demanded a rematch with Werdum.

The man can do whatever he wants. I'm a fan of Fedor and he's earned the right to fight whoever he wants. Fedor doesn't owe us anything but this a little disappointing. Phone Post 3.0

Kirik could hook him up with some "TOP GUYS" if he really wanted them.

I'm a Fedor fan.

This fight is a joke.

The definition of a tomato can.

Is anyone really excited for this fight?

I mean, it's watching a new Fedor fight, but come on now....there is zero appeal to this opponent.

The arguably greatest fighter of all time up against a 1-0 Indian guy no one has ever heard of?

Son, I am disappoint.

Why not a Japanese fighter? Could have found a better opponent then this guy.

eXtv - 
Dreville79 - Potential GOAT status flying out the window faster than Anderson managed it here!

The thing is, and Fedor nuthuggers can dress it how they please, him and his people psyched everyone up by mentioning fights with top guys as what he wanted.

Just say you want a payday and fair enough, good on you. But you've fucked over your own fans, and that's a shitty thing Phone Post 3.0

How does his status decrease by winning fights? Can you explain that one to me?

If he somehow lost, then I would understand your point.

Because it certainly seems like he's avoiding any serious competition.

The Goat doesn't fight a 1-0 tomato can

I get giving Fedor a pass on chasing the paycheck but this is pathetic after all the talk.

eXtv -
Dreville79 - Potential GOAT status flying out the window faster than Anderson managed it here!

The thing is, and Fedor nuthuggers can dress it how they please, him and his people psyched everyone up by mentioning fights with top guys as what he wanted.

Just say you want a payday and fair enough, good on you. But you've fucked over your own fans, and that's a shitty thing Phone Post 3.0

Because, and I hate to say this, this is a cowardly move. He's said he wants to fight top guys, and now this? Sorry, but just like the Anderson debacle hasn't helped his legacy, this is fucking over Fedors. It's a complete circus, as is this org he's fighting in. He chose to fight there, and he's chosen cash over his legacy.

Fair play to him, I'm sure most of us would do the same. He can do many things for his family with this money, and it's probably the right choice for him. But for me, it certainly takes him out of the GOAT picture, UNLESS, he goes on from it and this is merely a warm up fight.

For the record, Anderson was my GOAT by a nose over GSP. Anderson is now out, fuck ped users, especially ones who can't ever face the repercussions. I never considered Fedor top 3 myself. But him and Anderson are both greats whatever any of us random internet fans think. And this past few months has been fucking sad to see Phone Post 3.0

Kostakio - 

Karnak -

Meh, or you could say at 40, he owes the fans absolutely nothing.
You could indeed, if him and his team hadn't promised them so much Phone Post 3.0

As a HUGE Fedor fan, I really hope this isn't true. I can understand wanting less of a challenge after a 3 year layoff, but come on...

Is this new "Fedor owes the fans nothing" mostly said as "Fedor owes you nothing" or "Fedor owes us/ me nothing" the new tag line for the UG or something?

It's pretty silly, of course he owes us all nothing and I'm happy to see him break some serious bread but what does that have to do with us calling it like it is.

He once was the one true GOAT and that has slipped away from him- no biggie, hopefully he doesn't tarnish his status too much further after this fight is all you can really hope if you're a huge Fedor fan I guess. Phone Post 3.0

Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 

It would seem that way if he joined the UFC for the bigger paycheck and only fought unranked Heavyweights. He's off doing his own thing.

Chimonos Revenge -
eXtv - 

No one was calling him the goat because of this comeback.

Dude is 39 and hasn't fought in years and y'all want him to fight Cain and shit. He's already one of the best ever, and fighting some can at 39 yrs old doesn't change that just like Jordan on the wizards, Mays on the mets, et al. Phone Post 3.0

Throwin'Knuckles - Regardless of GOAT talk... Fedor hasn't fought in years. Although I would have much rather seen him fight a name opponent. I'm glad he's taking a tune up fight. Let the man shed some ring rust before he fights Cain, JR or Werdum.
So you're still kidding yourself that he's going to step in the cage with any top level fighters after they've announced this fight? He's going to squash some more cans and that's about it. Phone Post 3.0

OK, so... Dana obviously did not offer Fedor a good deal, and now we are pissed at Fedor?

This guy has fought once a year the last 3 years, so he's not inactive the last 4 years as people have said. He has fought MMA, he has grappled, but mainly he has 50+ kickboxing fights.

He's a tall dude, and he has knocked out Kharitonov! Sergei f*cking Kharitonov! That is not nothing.

I am not stoked about this match-up, but make no qualms about it, if Dana wanted to put together Werdum Vs Fedor II that we all wanted to see, he could have done it! It would have cost him some McGregor/Rousey money, but it could have been done. Easily.

Throwin'Knuckles - Regardless of GOAT talk... Fedor hasn't fought in years. Although I would have much rather seen him fight a name opponent. I'm glad he's taking a tune up fight. Let the man shed some ring rust before he fights Cain, JR or Werdum.
He's not gonna fight any of those dudes.

Fans need to stop getting their hopes up.

He's not going to fight anymore real comp- if he does I'll eat my words and be happy to do it.

If he uses this as a warm up and goes back to the UFC and puts in serious work I'll be the first one to say his GOAT status is back up for grabs. Phone Post 3.0

I hope Fedor gets the shit KO'd out of him. What a joke. Phone Post 3.0

Dreville79 - 
eXtv -

Because, and I hate to say this, this is a cowardly move. He's said he wants to fight top guys, and now this? Sorry, but just like the Anderson debacle hasn't helped his legacy, this is fucking over Fedors. It's a complete circus, as is this org he's fighting in. He chose to fight there, and he's chosen cash over his legacy.

Fair play to him, I'm sure most of us would do the same. He can do many things for his family with this money, and it's probably the right choice for him. But for me, it certainly takes him out of the GOAT picture, UNLESS, he goes on from it and this is merely a warm up fight.

For the record, Anderson was my GOAT by a nose over GSP. Anderson is now out, fuck ped users, especially ones who can't ever face the repercussions. I never considered Fedor top 3 myself. But him and Anderson are both greats whatever any of us random internet fans think. And this past few months has been fucking sad to see Phone Post 3.0

Did he say he wanted to fight the best?

What a humongous let down.

I'll accept it as a warm up fight but if this is a taste of things to come I'm not interested. Phone Post 3.0

eXtv - 
Chimonos Revenge - 
eXtv - 

It would seem that way if he joined the UFC for the bigger paycheck and only fought unranked Heavyweights. He's off doing his own thing.

Well his own thing is avoiding any serious competition, apparently