Fedor or Anderson.

Fedor Phone Post 3.0

D241 - 

Galanis Killed it.

But just to add:

Fedor Emelianenko= 6'0 tall, 235lbs

Anderson Silva=6'3 tall, around 225 non cutting weight.

Fedor fought Anderson's master, and beat him twice....handily

The 2nd greatest heavyweight of all time, Nogueira, went 7 years losing to only one man. That one man went 10 years losing to no one.

Anderson beat guys like:

Rich Franklin=195er

Forrest Griffin=205er

Vitor Belfort=185er

Dan Henderson=205er

Hayoto Sakurai=170er

Fedor beat MEN like:

Mirko

Big Nog(the one who gave Anderson his bb)

Heath Herring

Hong Man Choi

Mark Coleman

I'll take the guy who is 6' tall who beat the shit out of Huge ass men as big as 7 feet tall and as much as 600lbs.

D, you know better than that 225 number. Every piece of information out there pretty much Anderson in the high 190's to low 200's in fighting shape. Give it up with using the number from the most unmotivated, lazy, period of Anderson's career, while he was not in any fight camp. The dude fought a roided out Bonnar at something like 202. That is a true indicator of his legit size.

And lol @ Galanis killing it. Most of his facts have nothing to do with Anderson, but about the pathetic state of the ufc hw division in the early to mid 2000's. Anderson and Fedor peaked at very different times in their careers. That's all I see there.

MW GOAT: Andy
HW GOAT: Fedor
Overall GOAT: Dana White Phone Post 3.0

SKARHEAD - Lol @ comparing getting subbed by world class HW BJJ wizard Werdum while years removed from your prime....to the embarrasing loss to Rio The Japanese Tomato Can Chonan ( who Baroni clowned and KOd with ease) while he was in Pride as well....Fedor had PRIME Nog and Cro Cop as adversaries....Anderson's career defining nemesis...was Chael Sonnnen.

...and LOL at PRIME HW Pride era kettlebell Fedor losing to Chris Weidman...by KO.
Just as silly as using Fedor's loses late in his career is using Anderson's early.

They had different careers, and learning curves. Phone Post 3.0

SKARHEAD -
Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke - 
truthisalive - 
Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke - 
truthisalive - Fedor...not even close

Lol @ "not even clsoe"

Just imagine if they had fought at 205 lbs.  Anderson would have clowned him and KO'd him in the 3rd round. 

Its not. Being the greatest is about in ring talent, execution of technique and in ring sportsmanship. Fedor was a very small heavyweight compared to most of his oppenents he was david, they where Goliath. Silva is a big middleweight who is cocky and disrespectful. If they faught Fedor would walk him down and hurt Anderson, fling him to the ground and absolutely control the fight.

not even close....ive never seen a fighter like Fedor in the ring and the way he carries himself as a sportsman is an example to all.

Lol Fedor would have been and would be today crushed in the UFC HW division. Dudes like Velasquez JDS & Lesnar would smash him and end him. Anderson dominated two divisions while Fedor avoided UFC like a plague for his own good.

Anderson didnt dominate 2 divisions....he fought in UFC's weakest division and dominated the weakesf fighters at 205...and avoided Jon Jones at all costs while chasing a fight with a scared, uninterested, 170lb GSP for years...Fedor's pride was 5 years before UFC was even an offer and nobody even knew who Cain or JDS was or existed.

Also....Rio Chonan.
Youve gone full retard.

The opponents he fought at 205 were not his choice.

FOUR different top 10 ranked 205 opponents (and more we dont know of) REFUSED the Silva fight when offered. Yet someone as ignorant as you would use that against Silva... Phone Post 3.0

"Master of gameplans in his prime against the best. "

Yes, takedown to GnP is a unique and carefully orchestrated gameplan. That's as funny as when people would talk about what a great "gameplanner" Randy was.

"Never clowned around."

So Ali is disqualified from GOAT boxing discussions?

To some, being able to perform artistically, even playfully, against the highest level opponents would be seen as evidence of greatness.

iwatchsomemma -
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - Let's not forget Fedor is younger than silva. If they fought now it would be a massacre. If they fought five years ago it would be close but a Silva still wins. Phone Post 3.0

Fair enough, though Fedor was against bigger and heavier opponents meaning more wear and tear. He excelled for about 10 years without a real loss.

Can't say the same for Silva who was usually taller and not the smallest middleweight around.
He was 195 on tuesday, and is ~200 in the cage....

Thats not a large MW by any means at all. Phone Post 3.0

"Fedor was a very small heavyweight compared to most of his oppenents he was david, they where Goliath. "

Fedor was comparable to or heavier than all his opponents worth a shit (who didn't beat him by stoppage).

D241 -

Galanis Killed it.

But just to add:

Fedor Emelianenko= 6'0 tall, 235lbs

Anderson Silva=6'3 tall, around 225 non cutting weight.

Fedor fought Anderson's master, and beat him twice....handily

The 2nd greatest heavyweight of all time, Nogueira, went 7 years losing to only one man. That one man went 10 years losing to no one.

Anderson beat guys like:

Rich Franklin=195er

Forrest Griffin=205er

Vitor Belfort=185er

Dan Henderson=205er

Hayoto Sakurai=170er

Fedor beat MEN like:

Mirko

Big Nog(the one who gave Anderson his bb)

Heath Herring

Hong Man Choi

Mark Coleman

I'll take the guy who is 6' tall who beat the shit out of Huge ass men as big as 7 feet tall and as much as 600lbs.

Your so sad when you skew stats abd try and talk about a fighters weight when he is not in peak fighting shape. Phone Post 3.0

Good Sir - MW GOAT: Andy

Fedor isn't even the HW goat let alone the MMA goat.  Dudes like Velasquez, Lesnar, JDS & Overeem would have smashed Fedor with ease. Fedor can't stop the takedown from Velasquez/Lesnar, and he obviously can't hang with JDS on the feet, and pre ufc Overeem would have KO'd him on the feet.

anderson for sure

FEDOR Phone Post 3.0

Fedor. Only fools will argue about this, since it's a matter of personal preference. Silva is deadly art & science, Fedor was brutal destruction. I prefer Fedor's style, but both are GOATS.

Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke -

Fedor isn't even the HW goat let alone the MMA goat.  Dudes like Velasquez, Lesnar, JDS & Overeem would have smashed Fedor with ease. Fedor can't stop the takedown from Velasquez/Lesnar, and he obviously can't hang with JDS on the feet, and pre ufc Overeem would have KO'd him on the feet.

Being the greatest has nothing to do with who you think would beat who in fictional matchups from different generations of MMA.

You are a troll and make those of us trying to have an actual discussion favoring Silva look bad.

No one at Hw has come close to what Fedor accomplished. Phone Post 3.0

ausgepicht -

Fedor. Only fools will argue about this, since it's a matter of personal preference. Silva is deadly art & science, Fedor was brutal destruction. I prefer Fedor's style, but both are GOATS.

A post of yours I can agree with...

Mindbottled Phone Post 3.0

FETT_UGCTT_LnPninja - 
Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke -

Being the greatest has nothing to do with who you think would beat who in fictional matchups from different generations of MMA.

You are a troll and make those of us trying to have an actual discussion favoring Silva look bad.

No one at Hw has come close to what Fedor accomplished. Phone Post 3.0

Also, Anderson would beat Fedor if they met at 205lbs.

I say FEDOR, But it is very,very close hence the debate. People will forget how lethal Anderson was, Just like some have forgot or do not even realize how good Fedor was.

I will say this, If GSP comes back and reclaims the strap. I would have a hard time saying either Fedor or Andy.

downthepines - I say FEDOR, But it is very,very close hence the debate. People will forget how lethal Anderson was, Just like some have forgot or do not even realize how good Fedor was.

I will say this, If GSP comes back and reclaims the strap. I would have a hard time saying either Fedor or Andy.

Anderson & GSP are both ahead of Fedor, easily.

Hard question that I think about alot especially since fedor was kinda of my introduction to mma and the pride being pride ( still think they had the best events of any sports ever). in the end its almost a tie but then i go back and watch fedor's fights ( especially the boondock videos, still gives me goosebumps) and he probaly had the best instinct in his prime of anyone and not to say Silva doesn't or hasn't beat tough.guys but.I guess in the end if you didn't see fedor in his prime you wouldn't understand thats why I gotta go with with fedor Phone Post 3.0