Fedor vs Lesnar in 2009: Who would have won?

Bobby Lupo - It's close. Shane Carwin bombed Lesnar with some of the slowest punches ever thrown and Brock stopped, dropped, and rolled. Fedor throws much faster chaotic punches. Fights start on the feet. Frank Mir was able to land clean on him, and he's no Cro Cop.

Fedor in 2009 was at least 2 years past his prime and looked awful from the Arlovski fight forward.

The question is: Is Brock’s striking defense worse than Fedor’s takedown defense? Answer that question and you’ll find the winner.

That’s using logic that Brock stands and trades with him. Carwin had some wrestling tdd, Fedor not nearly as much. Brock didn’t even need to set the take down up w strikes, he could take down fedor at will even if Fedor knew it was coming. 

1 Like

Fedor had declined by 09 but he still had enough durability and explosive power to make things interesting. I'd have to favour Brock though, like 70/30. 

1 Like

Brock Smash. 

1 Like

The 2 inch temper tantrum hammerfists were no joke.

But Brock caved under striking assaults.

Fedor would not wait or play a passive-counter game, he would pounce on him.

Once the first one or two landed, it's blood in the water. Either ref stoppage or Lesnar got gorked with a short choke.

I really want to say Fedor but l just see Brock taking him down and working him over unless Fedor puts Brock on Queer Street early.

The Pride round system would be interesting to see that long 1st round and being in ring might benefit Fedor. That said Brock on top with around 10 minutes to work ain’t gonna be fun.

1 Like
Neil McCauley -

OP has drunken more semen out of truck stop glory holes than any man to ever live 

damn you really exposing yourself big time; time to come out the closet buddy.

HELWIG -

Hi orcus!

I don't know why everyone keeps calling me orcus.

I guess when you can't argue any of my points, you gotta get desperate and focus the conversation on me.

Neil McCauley -
HELWIG -

Hi orcus!

OP is like a younger, dumber, but equally delusional and obsessed version of orcus.

go home fedor, go home! 

Sorry, I'm not Orcus.

I do tell the truth though, and you can't handle it.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

I'm honestly not even confident 2009 Fedor would have won, but I'd favor him. Brock could take him down and do a bunch of those lame 2 inch hammer fists. 2004-2006 Fedor vs 2009 Brock, I'd bet almost anything on Fedor. I am sure that Randleman's striking was better than Brock's.

2 inch hammer fists? You might want to ask Mir, Herring, Hunt and an unconscious couture if they were "lame" hammerfists.

I wish we could go back in a time machine so I could bet you everything that lesnar destroys fedor in 2009.

2006 Fedor was getting taken down, side controlled, and mounted by a green 2006 kickboxer who had barely any BJJ in Mark Hunt. lol He's not beating prime lesnar.

In 33 fights, Randleman landed one hook on ONE GUY who was still green in the sport of MMA, off a faked takedown, and you think he's a better striker than lesnar. lol

Lesnar outstruck couture and hunt for multiple rounds in total, and dropped Herring/Mir/Couture. He's the better striker, would have done a lot more in striking if he didn't have the career ending illness.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Bobby Lupo - It's close. Shane Carwin bombed Lesnar with some of the slowest punches ever thrown and Brock stopped, dropped, and rolled. Fedor throws much faster chaotic punches. Fights start on the feet. Frank Mir was able to land clean on him, and he's no Cro Cop.

Fedor in 2009 was at least 2 years past his prime and looked awful from the Arlovski fight forward.

The question is: Is Brock’s striking defense worse than Fedor’s takedown defense? Answer that question and you’ll find the winner.

That’s using logic that Brock stands and trades with him. Carwin had some wrestling tdd, Fedor not nearly as much. Brock didn’t even need to set the take down up w strikes, he could take down fedor at will even if Fedor knew it was coming. 

Exactly.

HELWIG -

The 2 inch temper tantrum hammerfists were no joke.

But Brock caved under striking assaults.

Fedor would not wait or play a passive-counter game, he would pounce on him.

Once the first one or two landed, it's blood in the water. Either ref stoppage or Lesnar got gorked with a short choke.

Wrong, because EVEN IN THE WORST CASE SCENARIO FOR BROCK, if Fedor lands, he is still close enough to get taken down. And he will get taken down, because Fedor does not have carwin's power and lesnar has a steel chin.

You have a guy with extremely inconsistent takedown defense, against the guy who literally took down every single person he fought besides Ubereem.

Once Lesnar gets Fedor down, we all know the fight is over and it won't look pretty for Fedor from then on.

1 Like
BigTedBear -

I really want to say Fedor but l just see Brock taking him down and working him over unless Fedor puts Brock on Queer Street early.

The Pride round system would be interesting to see that long 1st round and being in ring might benefit Fedor. That said Brock on top with around 10 minutes to work ain’t gonna be fun.

would not be fun. Especially with the amount of power lesnar can generate with short punches on the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbrZTLoZ-V0&t=268s

You're telling me this guy is gonna defend lesnar's takedown or get up from under lesnar? LMAO.

At video timestamp 4:00 , 2006 zero-grappling green Mark Hunt is full mounting Fedor.

Fedor had very inconsistent takedown defense and grappling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSQOPOzJFM0&t=1007s

Even in his absolute physical prime, Fedor was getting dominated by Arona on the ground until Arona gassed.

Lesnar couldnt finish Heath Herring or Hunt.

How did Fedor do against them?

Lesnar mentally fell apart when hit clean. Only reason he came back against Carwin was the round ending and "lactic acidosis".

Lesnar needs a perfect fight where he isnt touched.

Fedor is dangerous at any point on the feet, and has explosive bursts off the grounds with subs and escapes to standing.

"In 33 fights, Randleman landed one hook on ONE GUY who was still green in the sport of MMA, off a faked takedown, and you think he's a better striker than lesnar. lol"

Randleman arguably outstruck Rizzo and Mo Smith for the UFC title. How far do you wanna take this.

I watched UFC 3-200 live as they occured. Have attended more than 10 UFC events in person. Im not some TUF fanboy faggot with an agenda.

HELWIG -

Lesnar couldnt finish Heath Herring or Hunt.

How did Fedor do against them?

Lesnar mentally fell apart when hit clean. Only reason he came back against Carwin was the round ending and "lactic acidosis".

Lesnar needs a perfect fight where he isnt touched.

Fedor is dangerous at any point on the feet, and has explosive bursts off the grounds with subs and escapes to standing.

"In 33 fights, Randleman landed one hook on ONE GUY who was still green in the sport of MMA, off a faked takedown, and you think he's a better striker than lesnar. lol"

Randleman arguably outstruck Rizzo and Mo Smith for the UFC title. How far do you wanna take this.

I watched UFC 3-200 live as they occured. Have attended more than 10 UFC events in person. Im not some TUF fanboy faggot with an agenda.

Fedor didn't finish Herring either, he was actually saved from Herring cause he was gassed and the tide was turning in that fight, and they stopped it due to a cut.

A green Hunt in 2006 is not even close to the level of grappler that lesnar faced 10 years later. Hunt SIGNIFICANTLY improved his grappling during his UFC days. This should be obvious to you, dummy.

Lesnar was pushing carwin up against the cage at the end of round 1, dummy. He wasn't saved by the bell. lmao. He was completely out of the bad position.

Fedor is dangerous on the feet, but it's not gonna matter when lesnar puts on him on his back. Fedor couldn't defend the takedown from 2 middleweights without cheating, what do you think an explosive athlete NCAA champion who cuts to 265 with all muscle is gonna do to him? lol.

You been watching UFC 3 and you still can't understand how this sport works. It's sad.

Look how Fedor got bullied by Rogers, Hunt, Arona, Bigfoot, Hendo, Lindland, Coleman, and Randleman and you think he's gonna beat lesnar? lol

"Fedor didn't finish Herring either, he was actually saved from Herring cause he was gassed and the tide was turning in that fight, and they stopped it due to a cut."

^that was orcus' favorite point to trumpet regarding that fight. almost word for word.

I just baited you. Like I did him. 

What a quicky coincidence....

1 Like
HELWIG -

"Fedor didn't finish Herring either, he was actually saved from Herring cause he was gassed and the tide was turning in that fight, and they stopped it due to a cut."

^that was orcus' favorite point to trumpet regarding that fight. almost word for word.

I just baited you. Like I did him. 

What a quicky coincidence....

OH MY GOD, IT'S KIND OF LIKE WE WERE ALL WATCHING THE SAME FIGHT....lmao.

Me: "The world is round."

You: "That's interesting, Orcus also mentioned that the world is round, word for word, what a concidence"

LMAO you're not very smart are you?

Also, if you had any validity in your argument, you would focus on the topic and not me.

The fact that you keep focusing on me shows me that you are insecure in your stance.

"The fact that you keep focusing on me shows me that you are insecure in your stance."

Yes

As a lifelong fan, fighter, and trainer, Im insecure in my stance on MMA topics.

What was your previous account screen name on here?

1 Like

Brock by TKO or even a sub. I see him beating Fedor up until he pretty much gives up or Brock gets an arm triangle 

2 Likes
HELWIG -

"The fact that you keep focusing on me shows me that you are insecure in your stance."

Yes

As a lifelong fan, fighter, and trainer, Im insecure in my stance on MMA topics.

What was your previous account screen name on here?

this is my only account

what does that have to do with fedor vs lesnar

fedor fanatics, once you tell it like it is, they attack you cause they can't touch your arguments.