Fedor wants to be a trainer; what's he going to teach?

IMG_8544

2 Likes

LOL, someone isn’t FC familiar with Soviet style boxing, defense, & casting punches especially as how it was applied to MMA which isn’t boxing #DERRRRRP

4 Likes

You’re a damned dimwitted idiot. Fedor sure won a bunch of fights for someone with no skill or technique at all, at least according to you big-mouthed dimwitted fools. Perhaps he was just the best ‘can’ ever?

4 Likes

If you are saying Fedor was never tactical you probably only saw him fighting at the tail end of his career

1 Like

thiaguy is mentally ill

1 Like

You guys are about to find out what happens to another one of Fedor’s students.

I thought they were estranged

2 Likes

That was a beautiful victory by Fedor.

I don’t know what possessed Andrei to jump like that. After his fight with Ben Rothwell, Alex told him backstage that when he jumps, he leaves his hands behind. Andrei dismissed the advice.

1 Like

At the time it looks like Fedor wasn’t in a position to punch when he went for the flying knee.

*You’ve heard the phrase “it’s the one that you don’t see that gets you”

1 Like

Fedor said afterwards he knew Andrei would get overzealous. It was a bait.

3 Likes

I can see why Andrei would try.Fedor was coming in with his head down.

2 Likes

This. I think Andrei actually likely gamelanned that exact sequence. Fedor’s best standing weapon is a slip to the left-10 sequence

You see a lot of guys use a jumping knee to counter guys who slip low predictably
tumblr_m0ycxnFyNX1qfrkf9o4_250

The plan was probably to get some shots on Fedor, get him moving backwards, time the jump knee when he’s off balance and throws the slip 10. AA was starting to find his rhythm just before that. The push kick into the ropes really threw Fedor off balance. That was a good time to try that.

Fedor’s timing and accuracy was just better than Andrei.

2 Likes

People on here always say when they see the fight in person & I’m going to do the same thing.

I was there live at Affliction!

2 Likes

I too was in attendance for both Affliction shows and remember the reason Andre said he threw that flying knee… not sure if it was mentioned yet since avoided this thread out of respect for Fedor lol

But if you remember the 1st Affliction show, Andre had one of the best performances of his career imo against Ben Rothwell. And in that fight he threw a giant jumping knee that landed flush on Rothwell’s face. The crowd (me) absolutely erupted at that knee and I remember Andre specifically saying because that reaction and how it played out in that fight that he tried doing against Fedor. And we saw the result.

So in a way us the fans in attendance were part of the reason Andre attempted that flying knee lol

4 Likes

I’ve heard the Fedor bashers around here basically say Arlovski was “winning” up to that point and Fedor got a lucky punch.

I always say no, Fedor was baiting him.
I also say that Fedor was always going to win that fight. Even if Arlovski didn’t throw that knee – it was only a matter of time.

1 Like

I remember posting a bunch of gifs showing Fedor parrying a lot of Andrei’s punches

1 Like

Fedor having a better fight IQ than AA doesn’t seem like any kind of a stretch.

1 Like

Agreed.

I just don’t agree with the narrative of some people who say Arlovski was “winning” up to that point.
For one thing not enough time had gone by to establish that, and it’s not like he rocked Fedor before getting caught.

I always saw it as Fedor baiting him.

1 Like

I think that has the round ended before the flying knee, AA was winning but what is that?!? He was winning until he got knocked clean out in the first round? Silliness.

3 Likes