Fedor wants to be a trainer; what's he going to teach?

It’s a cool book. And it will be a collectable in the future.

However, if you were learning submissions, would you not want to learn them from Gordon Ryan instead of Fedor?

So why not do the same with striking? I would rather learn from a good kickboxer.

He sure taught Kirill well.

If You Say So Nod GIF

This is a pretty funny reference actually

But also, couldn’t you say the same things about literally every MMA fighter? I’d rather learn BJJ from Gordon than Maia, but Maia is for damn sure world class and probably one of the best teachers in the world.

1 Like

Kirill is not a natural talent and he had fights where he was so outmuscled and out-athleted (a phrase coined by the Warmaster) it almost seemed grotesque.
Yet he’s a dangerous middleweight competing at heavyweight with a flabby gut, successfully. Thanks to Fedor’s team who gave him rock solid technique and mindset.

2 Likes

What about my question i asked you?

Oh, I didn’t know this was a troll thread. Or at least your response is “troll-ish”.

Fedor had good kickboxing (Dutch style) when he used it. He was working with my buddy Peter Teijsse out of the Netherlands.

I rather learn bjj from someone that has high level MMA bjj like Lovato Jr, Salter, Werdum, Big Nog etc

Fedor’s kickboxing was never good. It was always the threat of a take down that held strikers back. Once his physical abilities started to decline there was no technique for him to rely on.

That would mean that his MMA striking was very good because he represented the whole package. Right? The threat of one ability amplified the effectiveness of another ability?

Nah. His striking doesn’t look like classic Thai or western boxing but it’s very good for MMA.

Particularly the way he uses the slip to the left to set up big overhands and then steps in behind that overhand with the rear foot to clinch.

He walks people down with defensive pressure, makes them attack, and has reactions to counter and clinch.

He also never shoots from the outside, like ever. People weren’t scared to throw at him because of takedown threats.

3 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

IMG_8544

2 Likes

LOL, someone isn’t FC familiar with Soviet style boxing, defense, & casting punches especially as how it was applied to MMA which isn’t boxing #DERRRRRP

4 Likes

You’re a damned dimwitted idiot. Fedor sure won a bunch of fights for someone with no skill or technique at all, at least according to you big-mouthed dimwitted fools. Perhaps he was just the best ‘can’ ever?

4 Likes

If you are saying Fedor was never tactical you probably only saw him fighting at the tail end of his career

1 Like

thiaguy is mentally ill

1 Like

You guys are about to find out what happens to another one of Fedor’s students.

I thought they were estranged

2 Likes