fedors record no padding

^^^fedor was, however, in the process of beting bog for the second time in the second fight

win, or nc, he beat nogs ass three times

PhacePhucked - 
Whambo -
fracnoc - Fedors record without padding. This list excludes cans, freak fights, fights vs fighters from lhw that he won. fights vs fighters over 40 when he was younger.

Pedro rizzo win
Jeff monson win
Dan Henderson loss
Antonio Silva loss
Fabricio werdum loss
Brett rogers win
Andrei arlovski win
Tim Sylvia win
Mark hunt win
Mirko cro cop win
Big nog win
Big nog nc
Kevin randleman win
Mark Coleman win
Gary goodridge win
Fujita win
Big nog win
Herring win
Semmy Schilt win

Record 15-3 vs decent competition.

Compare that to a gsp or Anderson now that the cans are cleared.

I think Fedor's legacy is always going to be tied to him beating Big Nog 3x and beating a prime Cro Cop. When you look at the rest of the record nothing really stands out. A lot of the guys were just considered good, but nothing great in MMA like Herring, Goodridge, Randleman, etc. Coleman was passed his prime. Some victories weren't exactly dominant and sorta took away from the mystique Fedor enjoyed with the AA and Hunt wins. Brett Rogers... yah.

The losses get dismissed because people treat an early 30's Fedor like he was an early 40's Fedor which i've always found amusing.

So where does Fedor rank amonst the great HW's? Pretty much right at the top behind Cain. HW titles tend to go back and forth quickly, so somebody to rack up a massive win streak like he did is impressive, even if it wasn't a "murderers row" like Jones and GSP faced. When people put him at the top of P4P GOATS that's when it gets a bit silly.

How can you rank cain above Fedor?

He night go down as the goat but right now he is not there. He has two wins over jds, a win over brock, and 2 wins over big foot.

He needs to beat werdum and win at least 4 more fights after that to become the goat at heavyweight Phone Post 3.0

Everyone's perspective on the GOAT is different, you're essentially weighing who was simply a better fighter in their prime, with how they did over their career. Yes Fedor's career overall is better, but if you took a prime cain vs a prime fedor I have no doubt that Cain comes out on top. So if you're weighing more heavily the career then Fedor comes out on top, if you're weighing who was simply the better fighter I go with Cain.

Pitbull3744 -
CowboysStuntDouble - Well OP it's been two hours and there's only been one reference to you loving cock. I'd say you've come out ahead thus far Phone Post 3.0

HAHAHAH.  I dont know why people constantly try to discredit the goats.  We can do it with almost every goat but its stupid. 

It's not like this is the thread that's going to make people sit back and say 'wow, I never thought about it like that before' Phone Post 3.0

Brian Rule - Fedor had an incredible career. Watching him live he was as exciting as any fighter. Most who did not see him fight live simply will not understand this.

Besides that, I only wish to correct the guy who claimed he beat Nog 3 times -- that is wrong, Fedor beat Nog twice. The first match he won dominantly. The second match was declared a NC, given that Fedor head-butted Nog (intentional or not) as Nog began to take his back, thus opening a huge cut on Fedor. The third fight Fedor won again by decision, however he was far less bold attacking Nog on the ground.

So again, Fedor is the man and he beat Nog twice. Phone Post 3.0
You mean live in person or live on tv?

I paid for that 2nd Nog fight lol...may have been only the second Pride ppv I actually bought.

Anticlimactic ending to say the least! Phone Post 3.0

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - 
FreeVNasty - i'm so glad we have OP to give us a DEFINITIVE LIST of who is padding on a record and who isn't. It's been 2 years since Fedor retired, yet we still have people making bait threads?

heres mine with Anderson without the "cans" or gimme fights:

Weidamn - loss
Weidman - loss
Sonnen - win
Okami - win
Belfort - win
Sonnen - win
Griffen - win
Hendo - win
Franklin - win
Marqaurdt - win
Franklin - win
Okami - loss
Chonan - loss
Murray - win
Horn - win
Takase - loss
Newton - win
Sakurai - win

vs Fedor's:

Rizzo - win
Monson - win
Hendo - loss
Bigfoot loss
Werdum - loss
Rogers - win
Arlovski - win
Sylvia - win
Hong Man - win (presurgery Choi was a BEAST)
Lindland - win (#3 ranked MW at the time)
Hunt - win
Coleman - win (may have been older, but beat Bonner & took Shogun to the limits 3 Yrs later even)
Cro Cop - win
Big Nog - win
Big Nog - nc
Randleman - win
Coleman - win
Goodridge - win
Fujita - win
Big Nog - win
Herring - win
Schilt - win
Babalu - win
Arona - win

Nice troll.

RyannVonDoom - 
ThinkMMA - Didn't Babalu weigh in heavier than Fedor? Phone Post 3.0
Arona also Phone Post 3.0

I don't know why you guys keep making this shit up.

The fight is on youtube. They announce and display their weights.

Arona: 91kg = 200.6lb

Fedor: 106kb = 233.6lb

Fedor had a 233lb advantage and most people still think Arona beat him. 33lb advantage over a guy who is probably in his top 7 all-time best opponents (that he beat), if not top 5.

"fedor was, however, in the process of beting bog for the second time in the second fight"

He landed no strikes and spent the entire fight defending subs. He wasn't winning shit. Which is why he completely changed his strategy for the third fight and avoided the ground entirely, despite winning the first match entirely on the ground.

What a great idea for a thread!

Let's take an MMA fighter's record, remove a bunch of wins, discredit a few fighters, emphasise the ones that are hypothetically the best, and invent a completely new record for them.

Think of it like a semi-official record dreamed-up by a dick swallower with too much time on his hands.

Next thread alert: 'Randy Couture was a shit fighter because he lost a large amount of fights'

Clown. Phone Post 3.0

OP is generous not saying Brett Rogers is a can Phone Post 3.0

How about the impressiveness of his style and the methods by which he won. Phone Post 3.0

Billyz - We see these threads all the damn time and I just don't understand the point in trying to tarnish the legacy of such a special fighter who is so well regarded and respected by his peers.
No other fighter has ever been so respected and ironically no other fighter has ever been called the greatest by so many other FIGHTERS. not promoters trying to belittle him because they couldn't get them in there organization, not internet posters, but his actual peers some of which might have very well surpassed Fedors accomplishments themselves.

The reigning HW champ himself on multiple occasions has said Fedor was the greatest

The first man to BEAT FEDOR saying he is the greatest

PFP contender Jose Aldo saying Fedor was the greatest
http://www.bjpenn.com/jose-aldo-calls-fedor-emelianenko-the-goat-places-himself-in-5th-ranking/

PFP contender and Welterweight great GSP saying Fedor was the greatest
http://www.mmafighting.com/2008/09/19/georges-st-pierre-fedor-emelianenko-is-mmas-best-pound-for-po

Anderson Silva has even said it

So multiple REIGNING champs and all time greats in their own right all think he was the best.

Those of us older guys who saw Fedor during his Pride Reign know what we were privileged to be watching. Something truly special and once in an era.

If Lebron James, Kobe etc all said MJ was the greatest we'd probably listen/agree right? Somehow when it comes to Fedor so many fans don't agree with the greats of our beloved sport and I always wonder why? Was Dana really that freaking convincing?

Excellent Post Phone Post 3.0

gilbret - GSP:
Penn X2
Hughes X2
Koscheck X2
Sherk
Trigg
Mayhem
Hardy
Serra
Fitch
Alves
Condit
Shields
Diaz
Hendricks

2 losses to Serra and Hughes who he destroyed in a rematch. The only rounds he'a clearly ever lost was rd 1 in his first fight with Penn and 2,4 against Hendricks. Considering he's had more full rounds then probably any fighter in UFC history, thats dam impressive Phone Post 3.0
Koscheck won a round in their first fight Phone Post 3.0

He beat an old Rizzo and Monson, and possibly Goodridge.

Fedor beat 12 guys who were in the top10 at the time of fighting, and lost to 3

Voted down faggot Phone Post 3.0

I like to look at it a little different. To me, record vs. Hall of Famers is what matters most. The truly elite.

Fedor has 4 wins vs. Hall of Fame talent(Nogx2, Crocop, Coleman)

GSP has 4 (Hughesx2, Pennx2)

Anderson has 5(Franklinx2, Henderson, Belfort, Griffin)

Jon Jones already has 5(Belfort, Machida, Rampage, Shogun, Rashad)

Those four are truly the cream-of-the-crop all-time, and all deserve the accolades and respect they receive.

mose - I like to look at it a little different. To me, record vs. Hall of Famers is what matters most. The truly elite.

Fedor has 4 wins vs. Hall of Fame talent(Nogx2, Crocop, Coleman)

GSP has 4 (Hughesx2, Pennx2)

Anderson has 5(Franklinx2, Henderson, Belfort, Griffin)

Jon Jones already has 5(Belfort, Machida, Rampage, Shogun, Rashad)
If you are counting Coleman then Fedor beat him twice.

Consistency my friend! Phone Post 3.0

Whambo -
fracnoc - Fedors record without padding. This list excludes cans, freak fights, fights vs fighters from lhw that he won. fights vs fighters over 40 when he was younger.

Pedro rizzo win
Jeff monson win
Dan Henderson loss
Antonio Silva loss
Fabricio werdum loss
Brett rogers win
Andrei arlovski win
Tim Sylvia win
Mark hunt win
Mirko cro cop win
Big nog win
Big nog nc
Kevin randleman win
Mark Coleman win
Gary goodridge win
Fujita win
Big nog win
Herring win
Semmy Schilt win

Record 15-3 vs decent competition.

Compare that to a gsp or Anderson now that the cans are cleared.

I think Fedor's legacy is always going to be tied to him beating Big Nog 3x and beating a prime Cro Cop. When you look at the rest of the record nothing really stands out. A lot of the guys were just considered good, but nothing great in MMA like Herring, Goodridge, Randleman, etc. Coleman was passed his prime. Some victories weren't exactly dominant and sorta took away from the mystique Fedor enjoyed with the AA and Hunt wins. Brett Rogers... yah.

The losses get dismissed because people treat an early 30's Fedor like he was an early 40's Fedor which i've always found amusing.

So where does Fedor rank amonst the great HW's? Pretty much right at the top behind Cain. HW titles tend to go back and forth quickly, so somebody to rack up a massive win streak like he did is impressive, even if it wasn't a "murderers row" like Jones and GSP faced. When people put him at the top of P4P GOATS that's when it gets a bit silly.

Personally I want to see Cain dominate someone besides jds and big foot before I put him ahead of fedor. Phone Post 3.0

I dont care what you say about Fedor. I enjoyed watching him fight. Enough said!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHp2h7Ox65I