Feel bad for Ferguson...

Thrilled for Justin. It’s tough not to feel bad for Tony, dude has run through the entire division and every crack at the proper title fight has been thwarted by weird circumstances.

Gaethje is an awful matchup for him, and the guy withstood punishment that no other man could. Really hope he gets his chance at gold again.

9 Likes

Imagine winning 12 straight and not getting a title fight. Dudes get title fights off losses lol 

9 Likes

Goddam no justice

Happy for Justin too but goddam…

3 Likes

UFC better fucking take care of tony

5 Likes
Wasa-B - Goddam no justice

Did you enjoy the fights tonight?

Probably the biggest victim of circumstance ever in MMA history.

Honestly, at 36 and having just taken that beating, he's probably done, IMO, at least at the championship level.  At best, he has to fight his way back up and get wins over the likes of Poirier, and then has to wait forever for a Gaethje/Khabib fight, then likely some variation of a Conor vs champion fight, and who knows what els, and then he'd have to overcome Dana in order to get the shot.

He took whatever few years he may have had left off his career tonight. 

1 Like

Give Tony a Conor fight.

3 Likes
Flyers179 -

Thrilled for Justin. It’s tough not to feel bad for Tony, dude has run through the entire division and every crack at the proper title fight has been thwarted by weird circumstances.

Gaethje is an awful matchup for him, and the guy withstood punishment that no other man could. Really hope he gets his chance at gold again.

My sentiments exactly. Tony was a dog at 155 and really just ran into a guy that was just a bad matchup for him.  Props to Justin and I’m looking forward to him vs Khabib. 

I havent watched many of Tony’s fights but can someone tell me, is this normal?

Does he just continually walk into punishment with zero intention of avoiding or blocking hoping to get the better of his opponent?

Davy -

Imagine winning 12 straight and not getting a title fight. Dudes get title fights off losses lol 

Yeah, I cant stand Tony and enjoyed seeing him get beat up, but even I feel bad for him. He definitely deserved his shot at the REAL title but couldn't catch a break.

1 Like

hes 36. probably past his peak. probably not gonna beat A fighters anymore

had a great run

Yep. Feels terrible. Like when you see a deserving co-worker busting his ass who gets passed over for a promotion again and again.

EKPOGI - 
Wasa-B - Goddam no justice

Did you enjoy the fights tonight?

Yes, for sure. Happy for Justin. Masterful fight. Just feel bad for Tony.

Davy -

Cruz just got one after having not fought for 3 1/2 years lol

Feel bad for Tony. Happy for Justin.

Phenominal striking performance. Just unreal.

NomoRomophobia -

More a case of shocking defence from Tony IMO

Taylor27 -
NomoRomophobia -

huh? His shocking defence was having an incredible chin. He was getting cracked often by big shots.

Whambo -
Taylor27 -
NomoRomophobia -

huh? His shocking defence was having an incredible chin. He was getting cracked often by big shots.

He was getting cracked often because his defence sucked. 

2 Likes

He would have had to fight Justin anyway. He got the fuck beat out of him. It happens. He’s no longer the boogie man.