Fight drama breaks out at Jason Parillo's gym

I couldn’t agree more. I came in to see an asshole and what I saw was a “fighter” get upset about some that happens pretty regularly in high school wrestling. I don’t understand how fighters are so soft these days. I really don’t understand.

When I was training if you thought a dude was trying to fuck you up you just fucked him up. Simple.

3 Likes

He hurt Stricklands arm for no reason other than to be a dick and Strickland has a fight coming up in the ufc. If you don’t see the problem here I’m not sure what to say.
There is absolutely zero reason to do that move ever in training, but especially not when a guy is in camp for a fight. I don’t believe for one second you would have been cool about receiving that if you had a big fight coming up.

12 Likes

Fat juicehead trying to be tough

Curious to see how coach responds

1 Like

Using quotations for “fighter” as if you ever had the fortitude to make it to the top and the audacity to question why something like that shouldn’t be done full force. You never had anything of his career in nature on the line and lack the critical thinking skills to imagine it.

1 Like

I don’t know why I thought Sean Strickland was British? Guy has an impressive record.

1 Like

Yep, the roided up pork chop was being a complete bell

2 Likes

Alway thought Jake Shields was during elitexc

I could see it! I swear he was part of a British TUF.

Do you mean disagree?

I think it’s a dick move. Orlando acknowledged that it was a submission attempt – but doing a crank like that as a submission in practice is designed to injure.

2 Likes

Stop trying to sound cool. I wrestled half my life in one of the best areas in the country and this does not happen all the time. And I suspect if it happened in a match the ref would stop it and tell you to chill the fuck out no different than when retards punch you when tying up or putting a cross face in. I’ve seen bjj guys cry about standard wrestling moves plenty in gyms. But this is not one of them.

3 Likes

I actually watched several of his matches on YouTube when this thread popped up. As far as my assessment of him, as a person who competed in and coached wrestling for more than 3 decades, I feel confident assessing his knowledge/ability in a tie up situation based on body position, movement, etc. Also, his style is that of a powerhouse who uses strength to overcome technique deficiency. Some are incredibly successful with this approach. I’m not saying I would get on a mat and beat him now. He’d destroy me in all likelihood. I’m saying that when I was competing and In shape, he is a guy who uses a style I was very comfortable training with. For reference, I’m not a UFC or Pride veteran, and I never went to ADCC. I did train with some monstrous guys regularly, and I competed at pretty high levels in multiple combat sports. Also, growing up and having a brother like mine, I have been around powerlifting and strength sports far more than an average person, so I understand that “oh shit” moment when a super and abnormally powerful person grabs a hold of you.

4 Likes

I don’t try to sound cool. In the experience that I have had, shit like that happened pretty regularly. Some guys are ducks in practice and some are good partners. In a live go, you go hard and shit happens. That doesn’t mean there aren’t sick moves, but nothing to punch a guy in the face about like in the video.

How do you not understand he could have jeopardized Strickland’s upcoming fight in the ufc and that payday? I’m sure the ufc also gets pissed when you pull out of a fight. I’d absolutely punch that dipshit if he fucked with my livelihood and I’m pretty sure you would too if he came to your job and acted like a dick and it kept you from getting paid for 6-12 months.

9 Likes

I understand it. I don’t condone it. I just think there’s a degree of professionalism that goes along with being at that level and think that it’s far easier to tell a guy you want a different look and train with someone else. Especially if the injury didn’t occur.

2 Likes

On a side note, Jason Parillo sure as fuck is a great coach! He’s really progressed a lot of fighter’s careers and been with multiple ones when they’ve captured gold.

This Sanchez character is like a walking ad for heart disease. If this is the shape he is in while training and competing at a pretty high level, things could really go south in a few years.

…He’s clearly a strong mf’er that knows how to use that and his low center of gravity

4 Likes

He’s a fucking moron meathead.

1 Like

He brags about how he did a like a half ounce of coke a day for like 15 years.

Claims to be sober now, I don’t buy it.

How many cocks was that bear sucking to afford a half ounce of yayo a day for 15 years? That’s a lot of Skrilla, and a lot of cocks!

1 Like