Fighter of the Year 2006 (poll)

I say Chuck Liddell and Cro Cop.

If Chuck beats Tito, then he would have beaten Randy, Babalu and Tito in the same year. That's pretty impressive.

Cro Cop murdered everyone all year

Good call on Liddell.

But, but... Tito, Babalu and Randy SUCK! They wouldnt even be close to being top 10 LHW in Pride!!!!

CC is badass and esp. in doing so after beat by Fedor but he was the fav to beat both Silva and Josh. Silva is a LHW (even though they're the same rough size) and CC already beat Josh. Still cool beating them on the same night, they way he did i guess.

"{But, but... Tito, Babalu and Randy SUCK! They wouldnt even be close to being top 10 LHW in Pride!!!!"

LOL. Nicely done!

I would have to go with St. Pierre or CC at this time.

But, if liddel beats Tito............

I picked GSP because he beat two modern day MMA legends. Plus his fight with Hughes was one of the greatest MMA performances ever IMO.

Cro Cop won the OWGP so you gotta toss him an honorable mention. He's not fighter of the year because of his level of competition. He beat an unranked MW, an unranked HW, A very good LHW ranked #3 in the world at the time. And a very good HW ( ranked #3 or 4 at the time) who he had defeated twice before.

Silva gets the mention for the way he dominated Leben and Franklin. Even Silva fans thought it would take him more than 4 minutes to dispatch the pair.

ttt

Tito's comeback year

IMO the most recognizable fighter in the UFC after this year.

GMM

1) GSP

2) Crocop

At the time he beat the #4 HW, and #1 LHW, that is something.

CC, GSP, A. Silva

GSP, Cro Cop

GSP

crocop with gsp second

GSP, Cro Cop, A. Silva

ttt