Fighter showboats like Diaz, gets KOed

did the diaz bros invent showboating?

it is a boxing tactic to taunt your opponent to get them flustered and to overextend themselves and guys have been doing that for hundreds of years since the bare-knuckle days.

Later Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge -
CrimeBoss - 
Chimonos Revenge -
Stu Cazzo - Nick doesn't showboat.....he taunts.

Big difference.

There is?

Both are douchey

I'm sure you like seeing guys hug before each rounds start you pussy,
This is a fist fight the guys shouldn't show any respect until the fights over. Phone Post

Having respect and class isn't being a pussy.

I don't care if they hug or not, but I also don't enjoy mean mugging and taunting.

It's a sport not a bar fight.

Ohh you must be one of these people that write into tv and radio stations when you hear/see something offensive. One of these politically correct douche's. Phone Post

You sir are no Nick Diaz.

Chimonos Revenge -
I get why people gravitate towards it (Oh, look at what a tough guy he is!) and it makes fights somewhat entertaining(if there is a reson for it), but you have to admit to do it to every fighter with no reason is douchey.

Jim Miller deserves anyone's respect.

It's trying to clown your opponent, which i think is immature.

You can't act like that in a fight and then be all "respectful" afterwards, its hypocritical.

This guy probably got wedgies everyday at school. Phone Post

crumbs -
WRESTLENOW - did the diaz bros invent showboating?

it is a boxing tactic to taunt your opponent to get them flustered and to overextend themselves and guys have been doing that for hundreds of years since the bare-knuckle days.

did boxing event showboating?

it a tactic used by animals to taunt/psych out enemies and seduce the opposite sex, and have been doing that for millions of years.

we all know Ali was the greatest , but this was a MMA video, and an mma forum. clearly you are a Diaz hater, trying to damper his thunder.

Diaz is who everyone thinks of when we see this stuff in MMA, get use to it.

"did boxing event showboating?

it a tactic used by animals to taunt/psych out enemies and seduce the opposite sex, and have been doing that for millions of years."

/thread Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge -
Stu Cazzo - Nick doesn't showboat.....he taunts.

Big difference.

There is?

Both are douchey

No Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge -
chaplinshouse -  i think it's only douchey if you have douchey intent.  Nick does it because he takes it very personal that you are trying to make him your bitch in front of the world.  if you're just a flashy guy trying to gain attention and doing it for PR/fake/'loogit me' reasons, then yes SUPER douchey.  It has to come from the heart.  The Diaz brothers really believe in their heart that you are trying to punk them in front of the world (which at it's core, is 100% accurate) so for them that is VERY personal.  They will respond by trying to humiliate you in return.  it's raw and genuine and that's why i love it. 

The way i see it is they are the only ones doing the punking.

Its a professional sport with elite athletes. They sign contracts in which they are competing. No one is purposely going out there to try to humiliate anyone except the Diaz brothers.

No need to act like it's a fist fight behind your local stab N Jab bar for the rights to take home the local barfly.

The other fighter deserves to be in there just as much as they do, and at this level, has put in their dues and blood and sweat in training.

No need to act like a bitch to them because you are too immature to handle competition without it.

I guess i just believe in more of a code of honor and class when it comes to competition and martial arts and not mean mugging and thuggery.

The Diaz's are crazy skilled and talented fighters. There is no need for that kind of bullshit, imo.

To each his own though :)

"No need to act like it's a fist fight behind your local stab N Jab bar for the rights to take home the local barfly.

I guess i just believe in more of a code of honor and class when it comes to competition and martial arts and not mean mugging and thuggery."

Bro they fight in a cage thats as close as you can get to a back of a bar fight as you can get, if you are concerned about professionalism, honor and class why would you watch a so called "professional" sport where at least 3/4ths of the participants have tattoos, some covered in tattoos wear crazy hairstyles they couldn't go to a job interview wearing. As for it being a "martial" art its nothing martial/war like about fighting half naked in board shorts, if it was a sport concerned with class they'd compete in compression shirt at the very least ..

Hell in TMA in Asia it is considered low class to punch the face (TKD, Kyokushin) even in USA for long time it was unacceptable, and distasteful to hit a man while he was down thats why it took MMA so long to catch on an it was banned from PPV... Phone Post

Owned.