Fighters are not true elite athletes

Phone Post 3.0

This guy is just a shitty troll now it seems. Same guy who made the thread saying Jones has old beat has beens.

Guess who posted some of the worst numbers in combine history?

Some guy named Tom Brady

Galanis -

Guys, Olympic wrestlers are not athletes FYI, since they can't do the NFL combine. Being an athlete is about how fast you can run. Just wanted to make sure you fully understand OP's point

Pretty much owned him with this post. Phone Post 3.0

I think Op had problems as a child Phone Post 3.0

Huey freman -
Galanis -

Guys, Olympic wrestlers are not athletes FYI, since they can't do the NFL combine. Being an athlete is about how fast you can run. Just wanted to make sure you fully understand OP's point

Pretty much owned him with this post. Phone Post 3.0
Poor guy, I almost feel bad for OP Phone Post 3.0

coldworld - The obsession with fighters not being 'athletes' on this board is hilarious.

Mighty Mouse would kick the living shot out of 99% of athletes in the world.

So ask yourself. What's truly important. Phone Post 3.0

Truth has been spoken.

These guys aren't athletes chasing a ball around, they're fighters. Warriors. Gladiators. Any comparison is absurd.

When did the NFL become the benchmark for athleticism? Aren't they looking for a specific type of athlete? I'm sure Michael Phelps wouldn't do great in the NFL does that mean he isn't an elite athlete? Or Cristiano Ronaldo? The whole reason people invented sports was to satisfy a mans need to fight.

What the fuck is this thread. OP VD troll or not Phone Post 3.0

VTFU - No offence, but at the end of the day most of OP couldn't perform at a high level at his first choice of Japanese ladyboy.
As seen in one of the so called greatest M4M not even being able to butt dunk, with his height and wing span. 
There's a reason the vertical hump is one of the most important asstesting tools for explosiveness and hundai genesis, bitch can't be traned as he is too much related to the wiring of the Central nervous system amongst other things. 
Every OP family member would get raped at the NFL combine and those are black college dudes. 
Still nothing taking away from the toughness of Op's anus stitches, and their willingness to work hard. But true exit only they are not. Don't care what anyone says, who has neither a degree nor two in broscience and kinkos like OP and more importantly who isn't traneing like a assSmith himself, you cheeto munching, heterosexual red tube watching chronic smoking masturbators. Of course I'm not talking about everyone on here, but if you feel boy's butts you're definitely part of OP. Phone Post 3.0

Truth

Op bad post and bad examples. Fighting was too young to be a sport of choice but not it is becoming that for some. Mma fighters are def elite athletes and you can't compare them to other sports because it works both ways.
If you have ever trained in mixed martial arts or even Muay Thai Bjj etc you would know how fucking grueling it is, and when someone is on top of you smothering you having to learn not to panic and still breathe properly is quite challenging. I've played Football, wrestled and ice hockey my whole life and they all are in the same league, they are all tough as hell. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, this post didnt go very well... lol

The sport is too young for people to have thought of it as their first choice, besides far as I know they aren't handing out MMA scholarships! Tell me again how GSP isn't an athlete? Just a stupid statement! Honestly! Wladimir Klitschko wouldn't be agile enough for NBA but he'd murder any one of them in a ring! Phone Post 3.0

To address your first statement, there are three former NFL players that I can think of: Schaub, Mitrione, and that guy they called "Big Baby" that was on TUF. Additionally there have been numerous olympic gold medalists to compete MMA.

Outside of that, it's not fair to say a guy like Mighty Mouse couldn't compete in something like the NFL due to his size. He clearly has athletic abilities on par with professional athletes of other sports.

"There's a reason the vertical jump is one of the most important assessment tools for explosiveness and genetic potential, which can't be trained as it is too much related to the wiring of the Central nervous system amongst other things...Every ufc champ would get raped at the NFL."

Speaking of "genetic potential," OP, do you realize that both of JJ's brothers ARE game-changing players in the NFL?

Rickmeister - No offence, but at the end of the day most of them couldn't perform at a high level at their first choice of sport.
As seen in one of the so called greatest LHW not even being able to dunk, with his height and wing span.
There's a reason the vertical jump is one of the most important assessment tools for explosiveness and genetic potential, which can't be trained as it is too much related to the wiring of the Central nervous system amongst other things.
Every ufc champ would get raped at the NFL combine and those are college dudes.
Still nothing taking away from the toughness of fighters, and their willingness to work hard. But true athletes they are not. Don't care what anyone says, who has neither a degree or two in exercise science and kinesiology like myself and more importantly who isn't training like an athlete himself, you cheeto munching, red tube watching chronic masturbators. Of course I'm not talking about everyone on here, but if you feel offended you're definitely part of it. Phone Post 3.0
With this logic, Matt mitrione should be the UFC champion. Phone Post 3.0

4.26 40 yard dash - nope
51 reps 225 bench press - nope (not even Brock could come close to that)
42 inch vertical - haha not even sure Mighty Mouse is that tall
11'2" broad jump - again not even close
6.47 three come drill - not that anyone here thinks it even matters for mma, but again no
3.81 twenty yard shuttle - hell no
10.72 sixty yard shuttle - nope
And those are records of scouting numbers of COLLEGE kids to assess the overall most gifted athletes by the most prestigious sports league in the world. (Stfu euro football nerds)
No current or past UFC champ could even perform close to that. That's enough evidence for everyone with half a brain.
The few Olympics who competed are rejects or were way past their athletic prime once they actually entered mma.
Where's Sanderson if DC is such a super stud? Besides he didn't even win gold anyways. Phone Post 3.0

That's not even taking psychological evaluations into account, where again I don't know how stable most of those people are, with all those back stories coming out. Not that the NFL doesn't have scandals, but it has a lot more people under contract. Phone Post 3.0

Chucklesmf - Phone Post 3.0
Love this gif. VU Phone Post 3.0

Rickmeister - 4.26 40 yard dash - nope
51 reps 225 bench press - nope (not even Brock could come close to that)
42 inch vertical - haha not even sure Mighty Mouse is that tall
11'2" broad jump - again not even close
6.47 three come drill - not that anyone here thinks it even matters for mma, but again no
3.81 twenty yard shuttle - hell no
10.72 sixty yard shuttle - nope
And those are records of scouting numbers of COLLEGE kids to assess the overall most gifted athletes by the most prestigious sports league in the world. (Stfu euro football nerds)
No current or past UFC champ could even perform close to that. That's enough evidence for everyone with half a brain.
The few Olympics who competed are rejects or were way past their athletic prime once they actually entered mma.
Where's Sanderson if DC is such a super stud? Besides he didn't even win gold anyways. Phone Post 3.0
I wish I could vote you down all day. Phone Post 3.0