Fighters who never lived up to the hype?

I was not too impressed with Vera at heavyweight during his first run at the UFC, people were talking him up like a heavyweight title was just a formality.

Seminov

Gomi

Kenny Monday

Bobby Lashley

Goes

Todd Duffy

Charles Olivera

Ken Shamrock & Corey HILL

Hector Lombard
Uriah Hall
Brock Lesner Phone Post 3.0

PTM2020 -

Seminov

Gomi

Kenny Monday

Bobby Lashley

Goes

Todd Duffy

Charles Olivera

Ken Shamrock & Corey HILL

Kevin Monday ... I don't know. He DID have a pretty impressive wrestling career.

Gomi? Gomi vs Chute Box was pretty epic considering the group he ripped apart. Maybe his UFC days were less than stellar but he was one of the best for a while.

I politely agree to disagree. Phone Post 3.0

fraz1001 - Che Mills

Joe Rogan hyped the fuck out of him as some kinda stand up killer........

He failed Phone Post 3.0
Haha yeah that Rory fight did they ever pump him up and he lost in the first round hahah . Phone Post 3.0

Paquet90 -
fraz1001 - Che Mills

He failed Phone Post 3.0
Haha yeah that Rory fight did they ever pump him up and he lost in the first round hahah . Phone Post 3.0
To be fair Che does have great striking Phone Post 3.0

Diego Sanchez Phone Post 3.0

Erick Silva. Phone Post 3.0

When a fighter fails to live up to the hype, he/she should be called a Soul Assassin. Dave Terrell set the standard of hyped up fighters who flame out when the other guy fights back. 

He walked into the Tanner fight like it was a formality. Tanner beat the career out of him. Terrell had a helpless, this-isn't-supposed-to-happen look on his face while he was getting ground and pounded. He didn't even attempt to fight back. Pulled an Ettish. But at least Fred Ettish came back and foght years later and redeemed himself. 

fraz1001 - Che Mills

He failed Phone Post 3.0
To be fair to Che, he got thrown to the wolves that fight and Joe was only doing what he was told by Zuffa. He was trying to convince people that this wasn't just a gimme fight for Rory and that the matchup was going to be competitive, which the casuals more than likely bought up. Phone Post 3.0

Cyborg, when she beat Gina thought we'd see her destroying tons of big names on the world stage.

Combining the positive drug test, her title stripped , her division folding , fighting cans, losing in this kickboxing , has not been what I expected Phone Post 3.0

For some of these guys its still early.I mean shit, a few years ago you'd probably see Robbie Lawler or Mark Hunt on this list but they're pulling it together.

I was hyping up crocop and Mayhem when they came to the UFC but it didn't pan out the way I expected for them. Phone Post 3.0

Oh and Chris Horodecki Phone Post 3.0

Didn't read through this thread, but does anyone else here remember way back in the day all of the Lion's Den big talk about Alex Andrade? He was supposed to be the next big thing from them, but even though he did fine he did not end up being what (I think) they thought he was going to be.

If you went by the replies in this thread most of the roster seems to be a over hyped, lol

Aleksander E.

Dude could have been a beast. Phone Post 3.0

i remember Alex Andrade coming in with hype...then he arrived and was a solid fighter but absolutely nothing to write home about...he had good hands but ok wrestling, not much else..

LynchedByMarshawns12er - Oh and Chris Horodecki Phone Post 3.0

Interesting response. I really don't remember Horodecki getting hyped anywhere other than in the IFL. There seemed to be a little bit of hype/interest when he first got to WEC, but I don't remember that lasting very long.

Was he really all that hyped, or am I misremembering things?

david the crow loiseau

I remember him getting some hype as an up and comer but it probably wasn't the hype some get. He was really young and doing well so he garnered some attention but seemed to have fallen off a bit. I'm sure Tompkins death has hurt him as well. He's only 26 so he's got some time to get back on track. Phone Post 3.0