Fighters with no head coach?

The Lauzon and Shogun threads after their losses have made me realize a lot of top fighters do not have a head coach that is in full control of their training camp. Forrest would be another example, correct?

Any others? Phone Post 3.0

Overeem? Or he might have a head coach now that he's back at that dutch camp, but at blackzillians it was all him from what I understand. Phone Post

Dave Herman? Phone Post 3.0

Shlemenko

roy nelson

Lauzon doesn't have a head coach? What about the big guy in all of his video blogs? Phone Post

And BJ Penn has basically ran his whole camp since he left Marinovich Phone Post

Mark Munoz, if I understand correctly. Does Wineland? Seems like it may be common. Phone Post 3.0

Takanori Gomi is one I believe as well. Phone Post 3.0

Chael.... Phone Post

jason73 - roy nelson

The one who popped into my head. Phone Post

Matt Wiman Phone Post

Brock after he left Greg Nelson?

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - And BJ Penn has basically ran his whole camp since he left Marinovich Phone Post
And before...he won a world championship before Marv. Phone Post 3.0

I thought Rudy Valentino was BJ Penn's head coach.

eljamaiquino - 

Chael.... Phone Post

Chael's head coach is Scott McQuary from One-MMA

zedlepln - 

Brock after he left Greg Nelson?

No. He had Marty Morgan.

In Phone Post

zedlepln -

I thought Rudy Valentino was BJ Penn's head coach.

Striking coach and mana mentor.

BJ is BJ's head coach....for better and worse. I see a coach as not only someone who guides and directs but pushes you when you want to stop. If you know me, I pee BJ ball sweat, but BJ stops when he wants to stop. Marv may have been the only one to get him to do things he didn't want to do...but I attribute that more to the humiliation of UFC 94 than anything else.

But damn he looked good for those two fights... Phone Post 3.0

IMO all fighters need a head trainer or head coach. Going into a fight you need to be 100% focused on just the fight. Someone with experience needs to think out and handle all of the possible angles of a fight. Sure the fighter himself will have a focus but a coach is needed.
Shogun, Penn etc. need direction and motivation.