finally, discovered the mount!!

TTT for Andre's video!

ttt

Im really going to try to do it today.

thanks in advance brohammer.

shen - Seriously though, I think people tend to "discover" Mount later on in BJJ. Earlier it seems most people prefer Side Control or North-South --I certainly did.

But, I think after you have gotten experience with keeping the Mount and once you have learned to "open up" your opponent's arms, by whatever method, you start to have more success with Mount attacks and start to like it more. (Maybe that's obvious).

Theoretically, there are so many options from Mount, but if you can't safely open up your opponent from there, they might as well not exist.

Wow..talk about taking the words out of my mouth!

This also was my experience..in side control I was always able to go for a technique without relinquishing my positional control.

In other words if my technique failed the person was stilled trapped in my side control and I could follow up with another attack.

I used to also launch tons of attacks using both his lapel tails and mine

Conversly when I used to attack from mount I found that if my attack failed I would lose position and end up upa'd or put in half guard.

Now at this stage I feel comfortable in mount attacking and maintening and as I believe andre said I am always low, tight and smothering.

I love to bait the upa by giving the hand in collar and as they go to bridge switch mount to where I have my achilles and calf pressed into their belly..from there I attack the neck with different chokes and this usually results with me taking their back

Get off the poker tables and post the video 'dre!!

nice info thank you

S-mount or get high on the oppenant's chest

andre, this is like those bondoplata vids.

Man, you guys are jerks.

Andre made a MISTAKE, OK...?

We all make mistakes. He hasn't discovered the Mount yet. No biggie.

What he saw was the Seated Guard Position and got excited and THOUGHT he had discovered The Mount. Simple mistake, anyone could have made.

No video is coming, OK...? So, let's just let it go.

Shen,

When mounted should I be facing my opponents head or feet?

I feel at black belt level I need to address this..when I am facing his feet I find lapels chokes to be difficult

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

YOU BASTARDS!

snakepitz - Shen,

I feel at black belt level I need to address this..when I am facing his feet I find lapels chokes to be difficult

Well, I usually just sit on them sideways, like they are a park bench. Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by "lapel chokes" though.

videos? videos.

videoz. yeahhhh, you know what i'm talkin bout.

I prefer to just go for dick control from hooker mount.

shen - 
snakepitz - Shen,

Well, I usually just sit on them sideways, like they are a park bench. Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean by "lapel chokes" though.

park bench control is underrated imo

ttt for andre's video