First Broken Nose

Thanks Fredrum.

Actually, I had some tape on it after my coach kind of straightened it, to hold it in place. I took the tape off and now I AM noticing some troubles breathing.

The other problem is that it was broke on both sides in a few different places. Anyone else have that problem???

HKP, NAH, I am going to have to pass on that. Doesn't sound like something I want to do on a Sat night.

OK !

Nah, dont need any of that, the bleeding stopped yesterday. But thanks for looking out.

Thats what Management is for .

No I'm like Rocky (before his first fight with Apollo) in that my nose has taken some serious abuse, but somehow it has never been broken.

Doolin dammit , wanna see you brawl soon . That TC a year ago wasnt it . I want to see it.

Oh , and I dont get to go to Playboy Mansions

Doolin, There are Pics up on another website and the nose definately looks like it hurts, lol. I didn't realize that Rocco was 7-0 prior to the fight.

Well, they announced him as 8-0, but whatever. What sites are the pics on?

Well, I took the tape off that was KINDA holding it in place. AND now I am having some problems breathing and what not. Ha ha ha.

Cre, thanks a lot for the info. I was about to see if I could get in sooner, but I guess it sounds like I need to wait.

*Pics are on Sherdog. * All pictures of Doolin Dalton are property of HKP&RUM LLC. any unauthorized use or reproduction will be subject to prosecution (and an ass beating) heretofore and theretowith!

i broke mine 3 times in a 6 mnth period, i 'reset' my own nose each time. its best you do it right after it happens, or have someone do it for you.

also avoid heavy handed punchers while training, lol.

TTT RuM

Rich, I had my nose broken for the first time in October.

It was way to the side like Rich Franklins.

I had the surgury to rebreak it 5 days later.

It was too bad for an office repositioning so I went out under general.

All in all it was no big deal, the worst part was getting out of shape from not being able to train for 8 weeks.

So 5 days seems to be the magic number.

I would have no problem letting it heal the way it is, but I am noticing a Big problem with my breathing. So, I am going to try and get the appointment for sooner.

Get it fixed for sure.

You HAVE to breathe right through the nose.

It really is not that big of a deal, they stick a tuning fork type of thing in your nose and hit it tp rebreak.

Dr. re sets it then tapes it up.

The main thing is to avoid hitting again bcause the splint does not do squat, really just there to remind you to take it easy.

My nose has a bit of calcium build up like any broken bone gets but no one can tell by looking at it.

I hope you don't have to have surgery! If you do have surgery DO NOT STAY AWAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did when I was 17 and it was the worst experience of my life. My local anestetia didn't work and I felt him chiseling out my septum (yes-chisel/hammer) for 2hrs. They rebuilt my cartilege too. They tried the liq cocaine(burned) and shot me up with 14 novacane shots(in the face). The nurse that was taking care of me was crying in front of my mom and told her they were sorry for the pain I went through. recovery sucked as well.

Damn, this sounds like a lot of fun. Ha Ha.

Well, i'm on the phone now trying to get something scheduled, AGAIN.

could care less how it looks, but it would be nice to be able to  breathe w/a mouth piece. everytime it goes deep i have to spit my mouthgaurd out, ust can't get enough air-MM

I had my nose broken, way off to the side, and they rebroke it and set it under general.

Even if you have the nose rebroken and set, the cartilage between your nostrils (called the nasal septum) may be out of place and may be interfering with proper airflow. If you want this fixed, they will have to perform a septoplasty (an operation to straighten your septum).

Thus you may need two operations not one.

"Anyone have some experience having it re-broken?"

I've had my nose broken once... I haven't experienced it being broken again, but what sucks is that the cartilage that builds between the fractured bones and it grows a little bump throughout the years LOL. Congrats on your win! :)