First Martial Art You Would Teach Your Child?

If you child was preparing to enter primary school, what MA would you teach first?

I'm thinking wrestling with GnP, then escrima after that.

Judo, then wrestling in jr. high.

Later, encourage BJJ and/or Thai boxing.

BJJ or muay thai.

BJJ/Judo then MT.

I Get Finished in Fights - Wrestling isn't a martial art. It's a sport. You won't learn to defend yourself on the street in a life or death situation with wrestling. I would teach them BJJ or Karate first.

lol

Yeah, I would much rather pull guard in a streetfight than double-leg somebody on their head.

Wrestling for sure. Gymnastics is a great base for anything, too.

Jedi

My son (11) has done BJJ for 3+ years and wrestled for about 2. He likes wrestling a lot more.

A kid can be on a team with wrestling and they get a 10 times more the chances to compete ie last year he wrestled over 100 matches and probably had 7-10 in BJJ/no gi grappling. It also costs a ton less that going to a MMA school.

Last month he asked to quit BJJ and just wrestle as he is having a lot more fun doing it.

I don't know, I've seen a lot of wrestlers get handled in street fights. They can take people down but they don't know how to react when the start getting elbowed in the top of the head, or if the dudes buddy pulls a cheap soccer kick to his head. I'm saying if your talking fighting wise, Muay Thai, street fights are honestly brutal and so is Muay Thai, they go hand in hand.

this is in response to Jacinto

I Get Finished in Fights - Wrestling isn't a martial art. It's a sport. You won't learn to defend yourself on the street in a life or death situation with wrestling. I would teach them BJJ or Karate first.
The irony of the post and the screen name are beyond human comprehension.

Oh, and to answer the question: judo.

UFC.

A combination of BJJ and wrestling. Theres really no reason why these 2 can't be taught together

wrestling.

Wu Wei Do.

Look it up.

/

what ever you can afford and what ever the child likes with that said some type of grappling judo,wrestling,BJJ

/

in case you were wondering if wrestling works in street fights.

Judo