First Martial Art You Would Teach Your Child?

Hands down, no brainer: wrestling.

judo

Karate.

I think the mental toughness would translate well into whatever they'd like to do later in life.

LMAO @ all these people saying TKD, Karate, etc.

The correct answers would be wrestling, bjj, judo, boxing, muay thai, etc.

my son started TKD and wrestling at 4, still wrestles, but he was going to jiujitsu/mma while he was still in his kid carrier carseat, may have inspired him.

Mato

<:(((>< - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLBGqUH2rI 

Dont know if this will work either.. 

Cant believe I cant figure this crap out,, oh well..

lol

(copy/paste the embed code)

I live to serve.

nice vid.

The embed code is usually on the right of the video (youtube)

This is the embed code for the video you were trying to post:

"<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZLBGqUH2rI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZLBGqUH2rI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"

put that code into the 'video' box, and presto.

Harmon,

Thanks that's my son! The one in white. :)

Boxing. Wrestling "makes sense" to your body...what works in wrestling feels right, fluid, etc...
everything about boxing is strange and unnatural, first and foremost, getting hit. i know a bunch of wrestlers who are a terror until they get hit. getting good at standup takes freaking forever... start young...

<:(((>< - Harmon,

Thanks that's my son! The one in white. :)

I figured that..

Congrats to him, he dominated.

donkypunch55 - Boxing. Wrestling "makes sense" to your body...what works in wrestling feels right, fluid, etc...
everything about boxing is strange and unnatural, first and foremost, getting hit. i know a bunch of wrestlers who are a terror until they get hit. getting good at standup takes freaking forever... start young...

My brother is like you described. He does mostly boxing and MT and doesn't like grappling (gets hit more in grappling than striking!) but he seems to be a natural when wrestling. He impressed Mo Smith a while back and it took Mo 15 minutes to beat him, despite my brother never having any formal lessons other than from me.

ZzFDKzZ - LMAO @ all these people saying TKD, Karate, etc.

That's my problem with this thread.

It reeks of guys forcing their kids to 'get ready for mma.' What's wrong with a traditional martial art for kids? I'd rather have them be in a TMA environment at that age rather than have them 'trane UFC.'

ZzFDKzZ - LMAO @ all these people saying TKD, Karate, etc.

I agree. I might rank boxing as number one on the list