Fitch-No one has told me why I cant get title shot

Whole lot of FRAT cliff notes plz Phone Post

and the Players Haters Ball award of the year goes to... The UG.

Cindy O - you sound like someone who has never competed or even trained ?
If so I doubt you could ever truly understand the dynamics of a Fight Gym.

because you already had one and YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

Underground News - 

Fitch-No one has told me why I cant get title shot

[mmaweekly.com]

Jon Fitch is ranked No. 2 in the world. He has a record of 23-3-1 record, with a tough decision loss to GSP his sole loss during a six year tenure at the UFC.

So why has Fitch yet to be granted a rematch?

“I really have no idea,”

BECAUSE HE'S BORIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!

I was at the GSP HARDY fight and the crowd started booing him before the fight actually started lol.  So he wins...he is great at holding guys down or against the fence. Unfortunatly people buy fights too see um fights. Holding a guy down is not really fighting. Oh and that KOS bs is just that BS. Top fighterS should fight anyone put in front of them. If he gets a title shot I would have too seriouly consider not buying it, which is saying a lot since that last UFC I have not bought is UFC 101

Jon Fitch is the physical embodiment of why the UFC is not a true sports league. No excuse for this guy not to have fought for his 2nd title by now. Phone Post

kalki - because you already had one and YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

This statement is incredibly inaccurate.

Which is why I cannot believe he's whining about not getting a title shot since he refuses to fight another title contender because they're teammates and friends.

Didn't Venus and Sabrina go head to head competitively before? And didn't a brother and sister (she was later on Celebrity Apprentice) go head to head in a WSOP championship 2 years ago? (edit) They have been related for LIFE- not just teammates for 6-7 years (which I agree would be very difficult to do).

If Fitch held the title Koscheck would NEVER fight him. Would he/could he switch weight classes for Fitch? Isn't Swick in the same weight class? He's another teammate we would never get to see compete for the title if Fitch held it. Shoot, if any of these friends in the same weight class held the title we'd see " ____ VS ______ for the #1 contender spot to face the champ next" bouts screwed up left and right.

Just sayin, food for thought;) You can't have it both ways.

Cindy

didn't think that kind of a rack could come with this kind of a brain

Y does no one understand u don't give a guy who just fought to a draw a title shot?

Not to mention someone with no finishes since 2007. Phone Post

I'll tell you why Fitch, because you never finished a fight since 2007. That's even longer then the last time GSP finished a fight! Fitch, you couldn't finish a Dr. Seuss book...

Kos said he would leave the sport before fighting Fitch.
Fitch said he would leave the division.
If you asked Nick to fight Jake he would slap you.

Carlito,

You're missing a few points here:

They're supposed to be professional fighters, right?

1) They chose to compete in the same sport.

2) They chose to compete in the same org.

3) They chose to compete in the same weight division.

4) They both want to be considered the best.

Teammates who fight in the same weight division in the same org have been setting themselves up to fight each other the moment they chose to say "Yes" to ALL of the 4 points above. If they didn't want to fight each other all they had to do is say no to even a single point above. If they said yes then be a professional and fight anyone in the division they put in front of you. They shouldn't expect the org to cater to them.

Easily the most boring fighter in the UFC. Phone Post

ZekeJones -
kalki - because you already had one and YOU SUCK!!!!!!!

This statement is incredibly inaccurate.

No, THIS^ one is. Phone Post

BshMstr - 
stevekt - Fitch should not have to fight Kos. There are too many other good fights at 170 to put these two together unless a title is at stake.

but this is a problem...Fitch is #2, Kos is #4. Diaz is #3, Shields is #6. at some point, the teammates will have to fight, due to their rankings (unless they drop out of the top 10).....

or change weight classes.

Cindy

LOL @ Yawn Fitch..

He all musta forgot:

That his last fight was a draw with a 155'er.

That he sleeps on people..... literally

that... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OUTCOLD - Cindy O - you sound like someone who has never competed or even trained ?

If so I doubt you could ever truly understand the dynamics of a Fight Gym.

No, I haven't and you're probably right;)

Cindy

Reasonable Discourse - 
Fierce NUN - 

Which is why I cannot believe he's whining about not getting a title shot since he refuses to fight another title contender because they're teammates and friends.

Didn't Venus and Sabrina go head to head competitively before? And didn't a brother and sister (she was later on Celebrity Apprentice) go head to head in a WSOP championship 2 years ago? (edit) They have been related for LIFE- not just teammates for 6-7 years (which I agree would be very difficult to do).

If Fitch held the title Koscheck would NEVER fight him. Would he/could he switch weight classes for Fitch? Isn't Swick in the same weight class? He's another teammate we would never get to see compete for the title if Fitch held it. Shoot, if any of these friends in the same weight class held the title we'd see " ____ VS ______ for the #1 contender spot to face the champ next" bouts screwed up left and right.

Just sayin, food for thought;) You can't have it both ways.

Cindy

didn't think that kind of a rack could come with this kind of a brain

lmao @ venus & sabrina.

That teenage witch sure can play tennis.

LOL! OOPS! I've got some editing to do;)

Cindy

Carlito Brigante -
CindyO -
Carlito Brigante -
CindyO -
Carlito Brigante -
CindyO -
Carlito Brigante - fitch is one of my favorite fighers to watch.

As a grappler, i admire and try to emulate the way he combines his wrestling, jiu jitsu and ground n pound. Ofcourse if your idea of training is the ufc video game, you wont understand the small nuances fitch brings to every fight, but i dont give a fuck about the opinion of the uneducated.

We all know these uneducated people, you see wildly irrational statements like he lay n prayed bj penn in the 3rd round, blanketed him. I dont know about you guys but ive never had a blanked punch me the face 200 times in 5 minutes. Where do you buy one of those? Those blankets could be a huge hit on the police force. There is some real coin to be made.

Im also not one of these unrealistic people that thinks every fight should be an action movie. The ironing is also strong if you think about fitch most likely gave gsp his most exciting fight in a long fucking time.

Fitch if you're reading this brotha, dont ever change your style. <b>The objective of a sport is to win at all costs. </b>You dont see football teams throwing hail marys all game because some fat tard on their couch doesnt like the running game. Not every basket is an alley oop, not every goal in soccer is a bicycle kick.

I guess thats what you get when the majority of the fanbase are not fans of other sports, they dont understand the concept of sporting. I guess if you come from wwe to mma, you are going to boo the shit out of everyone that isnt nam phan vs leonard garcia'ing.

OH well, such is life, i guess.

Exactly... like fighting other contenders such as Kos & Swick (since his boss seems to want to make such fights) ... or did you really NOT mean at ALL costs? Should he NOT have to make it thru these legit contenders in order to get a title shot?

Cindy

Are you saying this because dana is your boss and you get paid to share the same opinion with him, or do you really think the entire camp should be split up so they can fight? Whos going to corner who? Where is either guy going to train? Whats it going to be like coming back to gym after say a brutal knockout loss to your good friend and long time training partner? This is not tennis, its a combat sport.

- carlito

LOL@ DW being my boss. I don't work for Zuffa.

But in other words, you didn't mean at ALL COSTS. Gotcha;)

Cindy

hey cindy, ive been around here plenty long enough to know about your relationship with dee-dub.

I said WIN at all costs. I didnt mention anything about getting a title shot at all costs.

do you mind touching on this part of my post...

"do you really think the entire camp should be split up so they can fight? Whos going to corner who? Where is either guy going to train? Whats it going to be like coming back to gym after say a brutal knockout loss to your good friend and long time training partner?"

Since this thread is about Fitch whining because he can't get a title shot I assumed you were talking about, you know... why he can't get one. Winning one at ALL COSTS would mean fighting the contenders- a couple of his teammates that he doesn't want to face, no?

IMO, teams should be divided for training purposes. Work out gym hours like they do on TUF. No reason trainers can't be shared unless they're unprofessional (give info about opponent) and/or simply can't stay neutral (really want a certain guy to win). I get the thing about not wanting to fight a friend but these are professional athletes and this is professional competition. They're supposed to be professional about it. Someone has to be number ONE and they all aspire to be that guy... as long as they don't have to test themselves against their friends and teammates.

As a fan, screw all of this friendship/teammate crap (just glad its not me in their spot). Why on Earth any team would still be recruiting/accepting new talent w/o making it clear you will probably have to fight a peer you'll be training with on a daily basis one night in a sold out arena with half a million folks watching from home. Not only that, you'll have to show up at the gym Monday morning and help train this guy to face the champ- the man you'd be getting to fight had you won. Then ask them how the feel about the scenario. It's ugly as hell but it needs to be done in order to avoid this BS.

Fitch just needs to get his hush on about why he isn't getting a title shot until he is willing to do the work to earn it- which means facing other top contenders he happens to train with. Or he can move up a weight class NOW and start working towards contender status in that division... unless he has a buddy there, too, right?

Many say they are like real brothers. I don't personally know of a single kid that didn't physically fight with a sibling growing up. I can think of no one that had negative lasting residual effects from being the loser (or winner). I bet if DW offered the winner of a Kos VS Fitch type bout a one million dollar bonus they'd be willing to beat the shit out of each other;) People tend not to be as civilized when it comes to big money. One of them would be in real good shape financially and professionally within 15 minutes. The other would no doubt make out well financially and would be respected for being the warrior they are for leaving it all inside the cage (lol@ this commercial sounding stuff coming outta my tips, but I really mean it=) !

Add Scott Smith and Pete Sell to the list of good friends who fought each other... and that, IMO, was one of the best fights ever had inside the Octagon. That fight was pure madness!

Cindy

Koschek is not a contender anymore, the guy has lost to the champ twice decisively. Swick is not even remotely in the title picture. There are plenty of other guys they could all fight. If one of them was the champ and the other guy was the number one contender, it would be a different story.

Im sorry but this isnt some reality show, I dont know how close you've been to the inner circles of fight teams, but you make it sound like a piece of cake to split up sparring partners, coaches, trainers, training times.

if you do not recruit new talent, where are you getting the sparring partners from? How can you possible get any diversity in your training, Should they work out with the same couple guys every day?

You are really going to compare siblings fighting as children to grown men fighting in cage, really? How many adult brothers do you know that physically fought? They remained cool with eachother afterwards too?

scott smith and pete sell became friends over an 8 week period for that tuf reunion show, its not like they sweat and bled together for nearly a decade together twice a day. I guarantee pete sell would never fight matt serra.

Lol at kos not being a contender he has knocked off 4 of his last 5 fights and is fighting the guy who was up for a title shot untill NIck Diaz did the old switcharoo on everybody!

If he's fighting top guys and is still at WW he's a contender Phone Post