Floyd Mayweather is unbelievable

the problem isn't floyd's power...it's his hands! he's had operations because they keep breaking. he probably had to adjust his game or he'd have had a short career. and he has what? 21 ko's out of 32 wins? that ain't bad, man.

and why does everything have to come back to MMA? this thread is about boxing...fuck!

My bad.

Brussels just quit. He was a can.

Tomato can said. "The 140 pound division is absolutely stacked right now, there are so many awesome fights to be made".

Problem is they dont fight each other.

"Problem is they dont fight each other."

Not really. Tszyu fought Mitchell late last year and will be fighting Ricky Hatton in June, and Mayweather will probably face Gatti in the summer.

Mayweather vs Gatti will be great

The big test for Floyd down the line is Miguel Cotto. This man has all the goods. I think Floyd will handily outbox Gatti or Tszyu.

Floyd also called out Oscar and Sugar Shane at 147.

Peter made me some bucks last night as did Estrada on Friday. Peter is going to be a force sooner than later at HW. The man can throw combinations very well for someone so strong and huge. Suddenly the HW division may be picking up with Lewis returning end of year, Peter looking strong and even Brock looked pretty good on Friday.

Gatti just revived his carrier with his new trainer Buddy Mcgirt, Jessy James is past his prime, Kosta Barely fights even when he's not injured. Floyd hasent fought anyone but Corrales. Kosta and Mitchell has been the only fight with signifacance in a while in this division. Cotto, Harris, Floyd, Kosta, Mitchell, Zab can even come down again. These are the guys who need to fight.

I've gotta go with Floyd as the best fighter pound-for-pound. For some reason I've held off ranking him over Hopkins, but the results speak for themselves. Floyd moves up to beat guys, VERY GOOD guys, while Hopkins picks on welterweights. Floyd's handspeed, combination punching, defense and footwork are simply remarkable and the best thing going today.

Sam Peter is the most impressive heavyweight prospect right now. I think he could beat Lamon Brewster for the WBO title right now if they set it up.

Peter could defeat quite possibly everyone in HW division right now. His biggest problem would be a rabbit like Byrd. Brewster would be no competition for him at all. Golata will defeat Brewster handily.

I think Vitali would destroy Peter with his superior reach.

The long jab would definitely be a problem for Peter but if he can get past that, look out. I see this fight as being real close right now. A year or so down the line, Peter all the way. This man is for real. I don't see Vitali being champion after this year if he does fight Rahman and Lewis.

I don't really understand how people sleep on Vitali so much. The guy is 35-2, finished all of his fights except one in which he won every single round, and has never been beaten decisively.

"Floyd is respectful and ignored them, but the scene left me in absolute disbelief."

That's surprising given that he's up on charges of assault and domestic abuse.

I dunno why they'd be talking shit, he always shouts out Grand Rapids after all of his fights.

The man is super fast.

"Really? I had no idea about any charges against Floyd."

Yea, Larry Merchant mentioned it last night as a possible obstacle to Mayweather/Gatti coming off.

Floyd's first few fights at 140 have been against fighters way below his level. It's easy to look like Superman against subpar competition.

Now that he's adjusted to the weight class, I'd really like to see him step up against some of the division's elite.

"Floyd's first few fights at 140 have been against fighters way below his level. It's easy to look like Superman against subpar competition."

He's only had 2 fights in the division, and Chop Chop Corely is actually pretty damn good.

Chop Chop is average, but that was a good "test the waters" fight for Floyd when he first moved up. Brusselles was a step backwards from Corley talentwise.

I don't mean to come down too hard on him, because these were his initial forays into the division. But seeing Floyd showboating to the extent he did last night just shows that the adjustment period is over.

Like I said, it's now time for him to start facing the more elite fighers in the division from here on out.