Floyd Mayweather is unbelievable

if he beats gatti. then mayweather mosely would be a tremendous fight. or even spinks if he beats judah again. floyd is so sharp defensively and his combos are otherworldly that he won't get beat until he is at an actual physical disadvantage. like 147

Don't forget about Kostya Tszyu.

I like Pretty Boys style!

Happy New Year PFP. I am glad to see you posting instead of lurking:) I wish you were not so "politician like" when giving your thoughts. I think you have shown more than enough knowledge to make more of a decisive statement without being criticized, regardless of what materializes in the ring.

My thoughts are that Floyd IMO looked the best Saturday night that I have seen in yaers. He looked extremely fast with his hands as well as as his head and most impressively, his feet. He really seems to have the body type to keep moving up with success.

The only plan I see that could effect a prepared Floyd would be to do something to throw him off of his game. For example, I would vehamently protest to the ref in the pre fight about Floyd's elbows. He uses them masterfully IMO and if you could make an issue of it it could throw Floyd off and possibly get a penalty point. Second, you should control the pace as good as you can. Be aggressive at times and be passive at others. make Floyd unsure of the pace he should fight at. Floyd is talented but maybe even more skilled than talented. In shape and prepared, he is almost unbeatable. If he fought Oscar or Shane at 147 in 4 months, he would probably be favored. Personally, I would like to see him fight Cory Spinks. I have been not so high on Cory but I have watched some tape and this cat can fight. He is slick and masterful and IMO would beat Floyd but Floyd looked damn good Saturday night. Judah Floyd looks good and do not forget Vivain Harris and even a longshot in Rickiy hatton. Add that to Kostya Tszyu and I think Floyd has the oppurtunity to become an all time great. He has the level of opponent a guy like roy Jones never had, other than Hopkins and Toney. He will have more than enough oppurtunity to prove himself. He just really needs to get his outside the ring life in order. Right now, it is the biggest weakness he has.

If Gatti wins on Sat. Will there be a fight between him and mayweather?

"Add that to Kostya Tszyu and I think Floyd has the oppurtunity to become an all time great. He has the level of opponent a guy like roy Jones never had, other than Hopkins and Toney."

Hey Clemson, what's up? I agree with this statement 100%. The number of quality opponents available for Floyd right now is off the charts--and you didn't even mention Abdulaev and Miguel Cotto, who are also currently at 140. PBF has a chance to write his name large in the history books IF he fights these guys.

Your take on ODLH and Mosley being underdogs against him is interesting. Against Mosley I could maybe see that, but against Oscar? I don't know...don't you think that at 147 De La Hoya would bring too much power to the table? Even given how good Floyd's defense is?

In any case I would love to see PBF in some big fights from here on out. Hopefully he will stay out of legal trouble, get his butt in gear, and start making some of these matchups.

Hey PFP the guy I think that could give Floyd trouble is a guy like zab Judah. Reason being is that Zab is very fast and possesses 1 punch KO power. I think to beat Floyd, someone must land a shot that changes things. Interestingly enough, I have heard Floyd say that Spinks is the best fighter he could face and Spinks seems like the only guy who truly wants to fight Floyd. With Spink's size, I think he gives Floyd fits and at 147, we do not know how much power Floyd will have.

IMO Floyd does not bring anything to the table for Oscar or Shane to make that fight.

having charges of assault and domestic abuse might sway a smart person from a bar room brawl just a thought though

"Clemson is correct... also, any opinions why the general populas seems to not give a flying fuck about Floyd?"

Because the public doesn't have a taste for slick boxers. They want sluggers like Gatti. Although he's not as good, this is the same reason Cory Spinks isn't popular.

It's a damn shame the general public hasn't taken a liking to Floyd. The guy is a genuine badass and IMO has been in some very entertaining fights throughout his career.

He basically went to war with both Phillip N'Dou and Chop Chop Corley and did WAY more damage than Zab ever did to Chop Chop.

His performance against Corrales was as close to perfect as it gets in boxing, IMO.

Also, I had a chance to meet Floyd in Vegas when I was out there for the Jones/Ruiz fight and the guy was all class to me. Not that that actually means anything about the guy.