Forrest Griffin Already Back In The Gym

I dont agree with fining fighters for skipping a post fight interview/press conference, but I'm not opposed to making them REQUIRED either. Now, how do they do that? I dont know. Maybe if they sign a 5 fight contract, they have to show up for 4 post fight press conference, they can choose which one to skip, but once you've skipped one, you must attend the others.

Make it part of the fighters' contracts.

UG News - 

[mmaweekly.com]

"If the worst thing that happens to Gina (Carano) or Forrest (Griffin) is they lose a fight, they're doing pretty damn good."

Such are the words of the namesake of Carano and Griffin's training gym, Xtreme Couture, former UFC champion Randy Couture.

"It's all part of the process. I don't think there's anything negative there," said Couture during a media call on Tuesday to promotion his upcoming fight at UFC 102 with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

"Obviously, Forrest was very emotional in the cage when he lost to Anderson (Silva), but I think that's because he works so damn hard, and like everybody, we all hate to lose. He's been back in the gym already. I saw him (Monday) here and he's back to training."

With a professional record of 16-9, Couture has been through the ups and downs of mixed martial arts many times. It all comes with the territory if you want to be a professional athlete, he says.

"I don't necessarily see that as a negative. It's all part of the learning and growing process," Couture pontificated.

"The same thing for Gina. Obviously she was a little embarrassed by the outcome (in losing to Cris Cyborg), but overall she did a great job in that fight. She had some opportunities to win and she did some good things. She did some things we trained to do.

"I think the adversity of losing that fight is going to be very, very important for her development as a fighter.

"I know from my own experience, the fights that I've lost were very important to me, and if I could go back and change them, I don't think I would. I think I learned more and became a better person and a better athlete for having experienced those things.

"And I know Gina and Forrest are both in that same boat."

read full article..

This.  Randy Couture, FTW, and the UG.  I'll take Randy's words over all of the negative KKM, fag photoshoppers, fighter wannabes, and couch experts who know EXACTLY what it's like to be a UFC fighter.

jjj2121 - 
JOB - So his quick escape from the octagon is explained. What's the problem?

I don't think that's a valid excuse, he's an extremely well compensated professional athlete, losing is a part of the sport.

No point in even talking to you.

He fought the best fighter in the fucking world too, lol.   Did you all forget that?

And what about Brock?  The guy basically tells Mir to fuck off after he beats him...says fuck you to Bud Light (the UFC's biggest sponsor) and acts like a freak in the cage after.  But I guess THAT'S professional.

Memories on some of you guys.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m258/Wotan1105/runforrest.gif

frankiscool - 

This.  Randy Couture, FTW, and the UG.  I'll take Randy's words over all of the negative KKM, fag photoshoppers, fighter wannabes, and couch experts who know EXACTLY what it's like to be a UFC fighter.

Don't you fit in this category?

Nothing negative here at all. Just the fact that both Gina and Forrest got entirely outclassed.

I love Randy for all he's done, but that damage control he just spewed out is laughable.

ToWeakToBeAfiGhter - 
Hemlock - Moving on

terrible nose job

Thank you Perez

Some people just don't get it. Main event fighters running away from everyone postfight is bad for business, it doesn't help them with the media and it doesn't help them with the fans. It is in the UFC's (and the fighters) best interest that win or lose, the headliners speak postfight as long as they are not too injured to do so.

Of course Forrest is back in the gym...the guy is a tough worker, regardless of his actions in 101. No one likes to see a fighter run from a loss, but humiliation can lead people to do things they wouldn't normally do. I look forward to seeing Forrest fight next, I expect a battle.

Its amazing how refined and intelligent Randy can be in his analysis of certain matters. Even when I really don't want to agree with what he is saying for whatever reason, I always think "fair enough, point taken."

Gina went for broke, fought bravely, and went out on her shield.

Forrest just went out..........Anderson came to fight, forrest came to spar.

Altofsky -  Nothing negative here at all. Just the fact that both Gina and Forrest got entirely outclassed.

I love Randy for all he's done, but that damage control he just spewed out is laughable.

Gina went for broke? She turtled up against the fence and did nothing with two gift mounts.

Don't get me wrong, she did well for someone who didn't want to be there in the first place. But I'd hardly call it going for broke.