Francis Ngannou hopes for Fury and Wilder fight as 'boxing part' of next UFC contract

Could Ngannou even make it to a decision with Fury or Wilder?

No wonder it’s hard to negotiate with him, he’s get absolutely embarrassed in a boxing ring. He has a power punch, not boxing ability

14 Likes

Wilder knocks him dead in the first round.

Fury toys with him for the spectacle for 3 or 4 rounds then brutally KOs him

Ngannou is a big scary power puncher in mma. There are tons of journeymen HWs like this in boxing.

9 Likes

Just saw two of em fight in Martin & Ortiz. And both of them would beat Ngannou inside 3 rounds if they chose to as well

2 Likes

Boxing as part of his UFC contract? He’s vastly overestimating his worth.

9 Likes

His knockouts of mostly old guys and grapplers have stroked his ego, but I imagine Gane will school him standing and put an end to this nonsense.

11 Likes

Does he think the UFC has boxing matches? This guy is clueless LOL. Maybe try to outbox Derrick Lewis first?

8 Likes

I blame Conor.

2 Likes

Boxing needs to stand up for itself, the Paul brothers and mcgregor have made a farce of it.

When Toney came over to the UFC couture beat the fuck out of him, subbed him and put an end to the debate.

Enough of these spectacles, let one of them fight a triple g, canelo or beterbiev and put an end to this nonsense because those guys won’t play any shit.

6 Likes

This…and if he loses to Gane, his marketability is gone. He’d be a free agent coming off a loss in a title fight, and has the reputation of being a pain in the ass. His entire draw in boxing is because he’s the UFC champ. Nobody wants to see a “former UFC champ” box anyone, unless it’s a fucking youtuber.

I’m not saying Francis needs to shut up and take whatever he’s offered, but he doesn’t have a single title defense yet, and is already talking about competing in other sports. It’s crazy.

4 Likes

I agree, but havent there always been spectacles? Like Ali vs a football player and other sideshow fights?

Couture hardly landed any strikes before getting the arm triangle. That was probably less damage than Tony has taken in any boxing match in his career.

2 Likes

There have but with the Paul brothers and mcgregor, its like they are being pushed as legit boxers.

At least in the past you knew it was a freak show.

He beat him up a bit on the ground first. My point is that there was no playing up to the crowd. Couture took care of business quickly.

2 Likes

This is embarassing. It’s bad enough how amateur hour he looks swinging wild and now he thinks he can Box Wilder or Fury? He has the most massive ego ever and is completely delusional.

6 Likes

Maybe defend your title a few times before asking for boxing matches. Dana should let him do one boxing match, and after he gets knocked out cut him after he wakes up.

2 Likes

I doubt his new contract will be finalized before the Game fight. Francis will gas out when he can’t KO the guy since he isn’t stupid enough to go back in a straight line and either get finished late or decisioned. After he loses the title, the UFC will have all the bargaining power (not that they don’t already).

I’m sure a 40 yo Pulev is willing to KO Ngannou if he gets cut from the UFC. Pulev’s pretty gentle too, waiting for the refs to get it and all.

I would like to watch Wilder vs Ngannou tbh. It will be fun right off the bat and end spectacularly. I am not invested at all in the UFC vs Boxing argument so the result wont bother me.

1 Like

Considering he can gorilla fuck 99.999% of the world population, maybe thats why