Francis Ngannou hopes for Fury and Wilder fight as 'boxing part' of next UFC contract

Toney didn’t get beat up. He was taken down and subbed easily.

He deserves credit for trying, against a world class guy, no less.

No other boxers are willing to try, but that likely has to be partially related to the horrible pay in mma.

They should have made Toney fight Silva. I would have loved to have seen Silva kick his legs to Bolivia.

Conor vs floyd started it all and now everyone wants in on it,

At least that was a great promotional event.

Conor was on a tear and a massive star, Francis had a boxing match with Derrick Lewis and we all know how that went.

Francis won’t be champ for long, but a wilder fight could be built up some, vs Tyson it’s laughable

1 Like

I doubt these MMA guys really think they will be champs in boxing, they just want the payday. The silver lining for all these boxing freakshows is showing how UFC is cheap.

1 Like

So much hate towards Francis. Let the guy go after his dreams. If he thinks he can make it in boxing, why not let him?

I hope biggie smalls family gets a cut from Rick Ross …

James Toney has possibly the greatest chin in boxing history. Couture didn’t come close to hurting Toney.

I bet Toney could stand there and let Couture land 5 free punches and he wouldn’t be fazed.

Toney took power punches from Sam Peter who was one of the hardest punching heavyweights.

I’d love to see a sparring session between Toney and Francis since Francis wants to box so bad. Toney would whip his ass even at his older age past prime.

With Francis’ size & level of athleticism? Can you name a few?

Any hvwt boxer in the top 10 would murder Ngannou

He is a trained sand miner

Toney had a great chin yes but he also barely got hit flush he was always rolling with the punches

I don’t hate him, I like him and want him to be happy and successful. I don’t get why Dana doesn’t like him

I know he is sloppy af. But I think we may be underestimating Francis.

Sam Peter’s name reminded me just how good a bad boxer with heavy hands can be at heavyweight. Wilder is a terrible boxer and hes one of the most dangerous boxers ever.

I atleast want to see Francis in some boxing matches. He must spar top boxers in boxing already right?

I mean, imagine it was him in Triller in those little gloves vs Pulev. Id take Francis.

Him being an athletic power punching heavyweight is a huge difference maker. We arent talking about a guy that needs skill to win at a lower weight. We are talking about heavyweight. An athletic, strong as fuck heavyweight with insane power.

Watch, wallin, rivas, Washington, Martin, ortiz

All outside the top 10 beat him soundly IMO, along with a lot more

Yes he’s big and athletic but he’s not a boxer

Big and athletic doesnt count for much if you don’t have the skills. He is a very dangerous mma striker though.

*Wach

Because he refuses to sign the new contract the UFC wants him to sign, he doesn’t accept fights on the date the UFC wants him to fight, and he’s demanding to be able to box while he’s the UFC champion. None of those things make him easy to deal with, and Dana’s job is to manage a company of 500 fighters, and ensure every PPV (and free show) has good fights on it, ensure every division is compelling…he has to be concerned with the future of the company, and manage the entire thing. They have processes in place to make all this work. When one fighter refuses to play by the same rules as everyone else, it fucks up the machine. It slows things down, and makes guys like Dana spend more time than they should on that one person.

Those things are tolerated when it’s a megastar like Conor…but they’re tolerated a whole lot less by guys who are a pain in the ass. Dana felt the same about Stipe, and it wasn’t that he thought Stipe was a bad guy, Stipe just wasn’t always willing to do what the UFC wanted. He fought when he wanted to, took breaks when he felt like he needed to, and put himself first. Nothing wrong with that. However, look at DC…after beating Stipe he was hurt, and wanted time off. The UFC came to him offering a Stipe rematch and he said he wasn’t 100%, and needed more time for a fight like that. They said “well, what about Lewis?” DC took a short notice title defense against Lewis while still banged up because he thought it was an easy fight…turns out it was, but my point is, DC was willing to be incredibly flexible. Someone like Stipe or Francis would want 6 months off. Dana has a company to run, and would prefer his champions to be active.

I’m not saying he’s right, DC took a huge risk…I’m just saying it’s obvious why DC is more loved by Dana than Stipe or Francis…DC made Dana’s job easier and Francis and Stipe make it harder.

1 Like