Frank Mir: "I can't take Brock down."

Lesnar vs Mir was a year ago. Since then Brock has fought two top caliber opponents beating the shit out of both of them. Obviously he has evolved a lot as MMA fighter since fighting Mir. If this fight happens in April, Mir is fighting a whole different beast compared to what he fought the first time.

It does not take a whole lot of jiu jitsu to nullify jiu jitsu when you are ten times the athlete. The first fight was fluke.

Lesnar will ground him and pound him this time. It only takes one of those punches with the big canned ham hands of Lesnar.

Im thinking Lesnar pounds on Mir.

Honestly though, I hope Mir wins.

But only after a good dose of humble pie where he has to dig really deep for the win.

Then I will give him the respect he deserves. Until then, nothing he says or does means squat.

I dont care what anyone says. The Nog he beat is not the Nog that we all love and are used too!

Ian Freeman type beatdown x 100

I actually think that it is going to be a great fight.

Can you not read into what he's doing? That 2nd interview pretty much tells all. Do you REALLY think Frank is going to try to take Brock down and succeed? No, but he's planting a seed. Just that tiny thought in the back of Brock's mind that he might try. That's just one more thing that might change what Brock does a tiny bit. Will Brock really have to adjust much...no, but if Frank feints one, Brock might react to it and open himself up to something else.

ttt

It is interesting because Mir has the type of bottom game where he will take chances to go for a sub. Mir doesn't sit in a closed guard and stall. That leads him to either get his face caved in or catch a sub.

I personally think he got saved with the bs point deduction in the first fight, but a win is a win.

I think he is more well rounded standing and will force Brock to take a shot at some point. If Brock is smart, he will pin Mir up against the fence and take him down to limit submissions and pound him out.

No way this fight goes 5 rounds either way.

Sadyv - Mir's always looked shitty off his back, defending against strikes.

Lesnar had Mir ready to be served up on a platter, in only Brock's second MMA contest ever, before he got careless and made a rookie mistake. Mir even got some referee assistance in that one.

If Brock stays calm, stays tight on the ground and just does what he did last time, Frank Mir will get Ian Freeman'ed again.
Yep.

bout it bout it - he doesn't really need to. While Brock is throwing one twos Frank will be dancing around him and peppering him with precision strikes. Mir will force Lesnar to take him down. Bet on it player.
Brock is 10x faster than Nog, won't just stand in front of him and has a much longer reach with power.

Mir will not look the same against Brock as he did against Nog.

I have been impressed with mir, i am looking for him to win. Brock is ok, but when your that big.....you got anvels for hands and a train for a head.

JoshKoscheck - 
]D3structo -

Neither Mir nor Brock will be the champ for more than two fights if they actually fight top 10 HWs.

I'm pretty sure that Randy Couture is a top 10 HW, as is Nogueira. Sure, Randy matched up bad against Lesnar but how can you claim he isn't a top 10 HW?
Is that actually Josh Koscheck?

bonersaurus - 
JoshKoscheck - 
]D3structo -

Neither Mir nor Brock will be the champ for more than two fights if they actually fight top 10 HWs.

I'm pretty sure that Randy Couture is a top 10 HW, as is Nogueira. Sure, Randy matched up bad against Lesnar but how can you claim he isn't a top 10 HW?
Is that actually Josh Koscheck?

If so, he needs to get a green name to confirm it.

God I hope Mir subs Lesnar again. I want that to happen as much as I've wanted anything MMA-related.

I just don't think Lesnar is good for the sport; his dominance (due to both size and skill) takes away from the credibility of MMA. Had he not competed for years in WWE, I don't think I'd feel this way.

Brock is 10x faster than Nog, won't just stand in front of him and has a much longer reach with power.

Mir will not look the same against Brock as he did against Nog.

Good points. Also Brock hits a lot harder than Nog. If Mir has a stand up advantage, it is a small one.

dentalninja - God I hope Mir subs Lesnar again. I want that to happen as much as I've wanted anything MMA-related.

I just don't think Lesnar is good for the sport; his dominance (due to both size and skill) takes away from the credibility of MMA. Had he not competed for years in WWE, I don't think I'd feel this way.
Excuse me, this is the UG. There is no room for honesty here!

who cares about the WWE.. Brock is in MMA now get over it...

Never Brock down. IMO

WTF! The WWE was a JOB for Brock. Why are so many people on here worthy to judge what another person does for a living? Who here has had a job the paid as much or gave as much exposure to Brock. There's green namers all over this site who would've loved to make the kind of money Brock did and it doesn't make them a sellout or less legit as a fighter.

brock by KO - obviously