From Ettish to you Fat Asses

I previously responded to that other post and answered Ettish. That was meant as a joke. I have the utmost respect for any fighter who enters the ring especially those guys in the early UFCs before MMAs were really established. I want to apologize to Mr. Ettish for my sad attempt at humor. He deserves the respect of MMA fans.

Another poster with class. Good to see :-)

Fred Ettish is Mr. Cool to even think twice about this forum after the trolling that has gone on here...

Thanks, RichardWagner. Much appreciated. Thanks also to everyone else.

Respectfully:

Fred

I saw Keith Hackney at UFC 45 and he looked like he
could fight right there. Haven't seen the others you
mentioned. As for me, on an average week I work out
about 25 hours, am 6' and walk around about 178 or so,
and am healthy. Those who work out with me seem to
think I am in okay shape.

Respectfully:

Fred

i reckon Fred's a freakin legend!

ttt

Well, Fred probably wouldn't make it in UFC now...

He's got too much class!!

TTT for Fred.

I'm planning a MMA forum with strict requirements for registration and strict moderation control to prevent pro-bashing.

I've been a participant on MMA.tv for many years, and will continue to be. But I feel there needs to be an alternative to all of these disrespectful posters.

I'm not sure on the date of the project, but if you're interested in this forum, email me brian@axkickboxing.com If you'd like to help moderate on this forum, then definitely email me.

An fine example of a healthy attitude that MANY fighters lack!! TTT for Fred!

I remeber Fred competing in the Ufc back in what I called the glory days. Pure style against pure style. Fighters had character then, today its like all fighters look alike. Maybe cause no one wears gi's anymore I dont know. Any fighter big or small, who steps up to the plate to lay it on the line, win or lose deserves respect. They put out their best effort, not just for themselves but for the all the fans of the sport with the eyes on them. To have a forum like this where people who have fought in MMA can post on here with the fans and other fighters is a rare and valuable treat. What other sport can give you this? What other sport can the fighters sign autographs for you for nothing but mean more to you than some fancy high paid football player? Thank you to all the fighters in MMA, us fans really do appreciate and have much respect for you guys.

Future blue-namer

ttt for Fred-He is too classy!

It would really be a shame if he stopped posting. He has been supportive of the sport since it's U.S. inception and he is one hell of a nice guy. Always respectful as well.

I've read Fred's posts and have nothing but respect for the man. He put up which is more than the trolls who don't shut up.

Thurgood wrote: "but why in the hell would you make a post insulting a profighter who posts regularly on this board?"

Because the freedom of speech crap is way more important & proving you have it, than saying what might be on ones mind in an intelligent & repectful manner.

I don't think some even care whether or not pro's post on here, I think they just want to sound as impressive as possible & hope to stir up as much crap as they can in hopes of proving how tough they are!

It's not about discussing a fighter's abilities anymore, or the finer points of the game..... it's about disliking certain fighters & tearing them to shreds in the hopes that "their" favorite fighter will look "unstoppable".........

I gave up hoping alot of fighters would come here, they would only be told after awhile, they suck, they are pussies, they shoulda this & shoulda that...... it was a nice thought though.

In reality we have.... loads of nutriders & then the fighter bashers, no in betweens. Oh, & the freedom to do it, sheesh, can't forget that.

*runs because spelling police will see I misspelled respect*

*puts on cloak of invisibility*

I do not to this day kno what Freds strategy was in that fight. I remember watching that 10 years ago, after having only been in the arts for 2 years at that point, and thinking "man, get up, do something!" I felt really bad for the guy. Fighting in the safety of a Dojo, and fighting for real are very different. Whatever Fred had learned at that point, it did not come out when the fists started flying. I still feel bad for him, talk about a fight that should have been stopped way before it was.

The good old days. I don't remember anyone from a TMA background who has ever entered the UFC, or any MMA event been able to pull off any TMA technique in real time. Has there even been a reverse punch knockout in all of MMA history? I can probably count on 1 hand the number of side kicks I've seen. Great learning experience for everyone who practiced an art, and still does, including Fred.

Thurgood - "Because the freedom of speech crap is way more important & proving you have it, than saying what might be on ones mind in an intelligent & repectful manner"

Just like Fred, a quick disclaimer. These opinions are purely my own. They are not attributed, associated, or shared with by anyone I train with, am related with, or whom I call a friend. Thank you! :)

I've been on the UG now for like, oh, seven months. A few things kind of struck me. First, a few interesting protocols of etiquette as to what is considered appropriate and "inappropriate" (note quotations) to post and HOW to post it. So much so, in fact, that after the fiasco that was my first post, I received so much flak online and then in the REAL world, that I almost never posted again. Secondly, the politics surrounding posting I find quite intriguing, especially what is considered a "troll".

This is first and foremost a FORUM. A forum is for people of all walks of life to stand upon their individual soap boxes and, whether for a few seconds or for hours, speak their minds. And, just like real life soap boxes, the listener/reader has the power of choice as to whether they wish to listen/read and engage/respond to the would be orator/author. Just like every other OPEN forum on the net (i.e. those not explicitly created to laud a certain person/object/ideology)you will get your share of what the majority of Mankind would define as "assholes" or "loudmouths" or "jerks" or other pejorative term you fancy. That does not supersede the fact that, first and foremost, a forum is only a true forum if it is OPEN.

Now, just looking at my UG sign-in name, you could reasonably suspect that I would fall under the predescribed Net-lepers. I do not. I chose the name, not necessarily as a blast against Mr. Morris, but as a funny tongue-in-cheek reference to a classic UFC moment. Something that I enjoyed. Now, to those who may feel, for example, that I am disrespecting Mr. Morris by choosing this obviously ironic and even sarcastic name, I would say....

"Do you happen to be Scott Morris in real life? If not, why exactly do you care?"

Thurgood - "Because the freedom of speech crap is way more important & proving you have it, than saying what might be on ones mind in an intelligent & repectful manner"

Just like Fred, a quick disclaimer. These opinions are purely my own. They are not attributed, associated, or shared with by anyone I train with, am related with, or whom I call a friend. Thank you! :)

I've been on the UG now for like, oh, seven months. A few things kind of struck me. First, a few interesting protocols of etiquette as to what is considered appropriate and "inappropriate" (note quotations) to post and HOW to post it. So much so, in fact, that after the fiasco that was my first post, I received so much flak online and then in the REAL world, that I almost never posted again. Secondly, the politics surrounding posting I find quite intriguing, especially what is considered a "troll".

This is first and foremost a FORUM. A forum is for people of all walks of life to stand upon their individual soap boxes and, whether for a few seconds or for hours, speak their minds. And, just like real life soap boxes, the listener/reader has the power of choice as to whether they wish to listen/read and engage/respond to the would be orator/author. Just like every other OPEN forum on the net (i.e. those not explicitly created to laud a certain person/object/ideology)you will get your share of what the majority of Mankind would define as "assholes" or "loudmouths" or "jerks" or other pejorative term you fancy. That does not supersede the fact that, first and foremost, a forum is only a true forum if it is OPEN.

Now, just looking at my UG sign-in name, you could reasonably suspect that I would fall under the predescribed Net-lepers. I do not. I chose the name, not necessarily as a blast against Mr. Morris, but as a funny tongue-in-cheek reference to a classic UFC moment. Something that I enjoyed. Now, to those who may feel, for example, that I am disrespecting Mr. Morris by choosing this obviously ironic and even sarcastic name, I would say....

"Do you happen to be Scott Morris in real life? If not, why exactly do you care?"

Scott Morris (or Fred Ettish, Telia Tuli, Orlando Weit, Emmanuel Yarborough, John Matua, Steve Nelmark, etc. ad nauseum) has achieved FAR more than I have. He's achieved more than even many current professional fighters. He is an innovator, a man who had the courage to enter an extremely dangerous combat event and give an honest effort to win. So, for that, he should be applauded. Conversely, he also received one of the most savage bludgeonings this side of Rodney King to ever be televised. So, for that, he should also be detracted. The point is, he chose to compete, and thus chose to enjoy the spoils of victory and to suffer the ignominy of defeat. Choice and consequence. Simple.

Fred Ettish can be both pilloried or villified, depending on your disposition. I, personally, give him a solemn nod. He competed against another combatant and lost. It happens. One man wins and one man loses. It happens to the best of us. It happens to us all. He also chose to compete. Choice and consequence.

So the question is not as much about freedom of expression or social etiquette as it is about choice. If someone chooses to say "So-so is a fa##ot ducker" or "I could so whip that pro's a$$", then so be it. This forum is an open forum. Being open, all posts should be taken with the grain of salt they are worth. If a post happens to offend a certain person, or offend someone's "sensibilities", then they have the choice not read or respond to it. That includes Mr. Ettish, who has the equal right to post his thoughts and be the subject of others'. Unless a post is considered criminal in some way (i.e. libel or such), it cannot be censored. If it is, it is just as much a sad statement of the politics of "acceptable speech" and of those in charge of censoring choosing who may speak or be silenced.

So, if you don't like what is being said about yourself or others, choose to ignore it, like 99.9% of posters on any other Web forum. Don't try to restrict it and say there is only some mythical "acceptable range of freedom" in speaking one's mind. It's either free, or it isn't. Let those who wish to be uncouth Boanerges do so, and let those of us who make our own choices as to appropriate class and manners make ours.

Oh, and as a small aside, to the seemingly incredulous amounts of accusations as to whether something/someone is "trolling", I simply ask this,

**Whose a bigger fool? The Fool, or the fool who follws him?**

Oh, and the Net is not real life, people! If someone were really going to "kick someone's ass" in the real world, they wouldn't type out a warning ahead of time! The Mafia doesn't email you about your upcoming shoe cementing, do they? Leave Net stuff in the fantasy world of the Net, where it belongs.

My $3.84 Plus GST's worth.

Stefan

Anybody see momita? I thought I heard her, but can't see her....

;)

fred is intelligent.