spoke to them, and have absolutely no idea of all the
circumstances surrounding and contributing to an
event.

To each their own. I am happy that these days so many
people treat me so well. I wish you well and support
your right to your opinion.

Respectfully:

Fred

I lurked on this forum for YEARS. Since it first opened actually. I signed up the day that Fred started posting a year or so ago. The only reason was to say bravo for coming around and for being man enough to face the naysayers head on. Fred is class all the way and gets much respect from me and my training partners. The dude showed up with less than a bag of tricks and an over full bag of nuts. It took a sac in the early day when NO ONE knew what to expect. Now to see that he still trains and grapples is great. Best of luck to Fred

I didnt read the whole thing but, I will say Thurgood is no KKM. He might be a man of few posts, But He is also an asset to the forum.

I find it rather funny how most of you "outta shape" people actually think your opinion matters. I aint a "Gym head" But i do know this, If i ever go over 200#'s I'd do something about it.

Im also 6'2"

Thanks for the kind words GenErick

I am going to get myself in trouble. But here goes nothing.

I was one of the people that posted in the "figher you can beat thread." I was one of the guys that made a comment about Fred. I don't post often. Probably because of my time. Because of that, I did not know that Mr. Ettish is an active member of this forum. I just realized it now when I saw this thread.

First off, I am extremely sorry to Mr. Ettish. My intent was of humor, not cruelity. Now that I know you are a member here, I consider my comment extremely insensitive. And I feel bad about it. Again, I am sorry.

In the past, whenever people would bring up the Ettish fight, or make comments like "you just got Ettished," it was more directed at the style than it was the man. I never had the impression that the people that I was around had any ill will towards Fred. It was more what his style (traditional martial arts) represented to MMA. And how that system compares to the MMA styles of today.

That being said, it is no justification. Please accept my apologies. You did not deserve that. I do respect you as a person, and as a life-long martial artist. I am sorry.

If you guys want to call me, Capt SaveAHoe, thats cool. You want to call me a boyscout thats cool.
Doesnt really matter to me.

I actually think trolling posts are creative. It takes a genius to be a good troll. A good troll post takes lots of insight.

But to simply make a thread called, Shannon is a king of tapouts or something to that effect, its just plain lame.

Shannon is a pimp, in and outside of the ring. He doesnt deserve that shit. I am just a little peeved because when I first came on this forum a long time ago, it was common to see posts by Coleman, Randleman, Bas Rutten, Elvis, Tito, Cabbage, Spratt, so many pro fighters.

Now, they post once in a blue moon, and when they do, they get told they suck and never return. But yeah, we have free speech and it is a FORUM.

You seem to be in the minority here.

There's momita! At least the cloak of invisibility worked, and the spelling police didn't get you.

On a more serious note, I think it's great that not only does Fred come on here after all he's had to endure, he still trains. I think many people who had to go through what he's had to endure would have gotten discouraged to the point of quitting training.

I'm sure all of us have gone through times where you get stuck in a rut, or have a hard time motivating ourselves to train. I know I have. Life changes, priorities change, and sometimes it's difficult to find/make time.

I think it's great that while Fred mentioned he's taken the criticism to heart, he's never been discouraged enough to quit. Actually, it seems to have motivated him more to keep learning.

*hands momita an ice bag for her eye*

I, for one, would be curious as to what Fred's curriculum is like these days. Grappling in the mix anywhere?

Ausgepicht:

An average week's training regimen for me includes:

Strength/Resistance/Muscle Endurance Training at least 3 times per wk

Running a minimum of 5k at least 3 times per wk

Traditional Martial Arts Classes (Yes it does include some grappling, here) minimum of 5 days per wk. My classes are also more intense and "hands on", so to speak, than what I read on here that most people think TMA classes are.

MMA Conditioning and Techniqe Classes minimum of twice per wk, grappling, of course, included in these classes. Also a lot of combat specific strength and endurance training, heavy bag, thai pads, focus mitts, medicine ball, and other drills. Right now I don't have anyone in this class that I can roll or spar hard with, so I do a lot more conditioning and technique training at the moment.

Use the heavy bag 3 - 4 times per wk

Stiking drills 7 days per wk, 35 - 45 min ea time

Bicycle 1 - 2 times per wk, at least 16 miles (Weather permitting)

Swim 1 - 2 times per wk, 1 mile ea time (Summer only)

I may be leaving some things out, but off the top of my head, that is what I do these days.

Respectfully:

Fred
p

So that means if a Pro is disrespectful to a member he gets the boot also...right? WRONG...I love this site but sometimes it has bigtime double standards. I can understand being respectful that's fine, but feeling like you have to watch your p's and q's just because they are a Pro is ridiculous. Just my 2 cents.

NHBfan5

"but feeling like you have to watch your p's and q's just because they are a Pro is ridiculous"

You obviously haven't been reading the posts or just don't get it.

We want the pros to come here and stay. Slagging them won't help.

It's also one of the rules.

Fred:

Wow. You are a busy man. At the anniversary show, you looked in very good shape, so this is why!

How large is the MMA class? Is it seperate or something you make the whole gym do?

Aus

Aus:

Thanks, yes I am busy. Comes from being an old man with no social life. Have to do something! Seriously, I love to train, I feel great, and can't imagine ever not training or even slowing down too much.

I have a traditional dojo where I have TMA classes five times per wk. In addition to that, twice per wk, after the TMA class, I have the MMA style training. It is separate from the TMA and any student can participate if they want to, but they do not have to. Right now, I really only have one regular student for the MMA style training. This student is a female who is a very dedicated, hard working person who gives 100%. She has no desire to compete, just loves the extra training and challenge it provides. The most regulars I have had in the MMA style training was six, but do to two moving, and the others having too much on their plates currently, I am down to only the one. Tht is why I don't spar or roll full out right now. We do work on contact, though, and roll, but for obvious reasons it is not full out.

Thanks.

Respectfully:

Fred

I've never understood the "Ettish trashing." It's not like he got beaten in an MMA match yesterday, blissfully unaware of what the sport is all about despite it being firmly established...he got beat when the sport was young (a freakin' decade ago) and hardly ANYONE at the time knew the score regarding limited rules fighting. I don't recall him talking smack at the time, either. So what's the deal?

BTW...killer regimen, Fred.

So anyway, my theory regarding trolls? These are people so ineffectual and irrelevant in their real lives that they have to seek validation trashing strangers anonymously on the Internet. Trolls used to infuriate me, but these days I just pity them.

The first I heard about the UFC was when I read about UFC 1 in Terry O'Neill's Fighting Arts International in 1994 in an article by Tony Blauer (great mag, by the way, pity it's gone).

Anyway, in 1995 I picked up UFC 2 on video. When I watched it I was literally shocked out out of my TMA complacency. When I saw Fred (and other karate guy , the Japanese one) losing all I could think of was "that's me in there - that's exactly what would happen to me!".

So, although it sounds nuts, I credit Fred and guys like him with showing me the light, because I know I would have done worse! I still do TMA, but a lot else besides. I shake my head at the nonsense I used to believe in...

I remember when being respectful was everyday life......

When freedom of speech meant being able to speak a "belief", but somehow has been turned into being ok to trash people.......

Disrespectful is just another word for thoughtless, has nothing to do with freedom of anything.

I value my freedoms too, but it doesn't give me the right to intentionally hurt others..... just my old opinion. :)

What I don't get is this---Fred took a beating like a man. There are many guys who got in the ring and tapped way before the blood began to flow. Fred was( and probably still is) one tough S.O.B.

I think a whole lot of people on this thread, and on this board in general could learn an awful lot from spending some time in damaebushis dojo. And if you think the only thing you are supposed to learn in a Martial arts school is how to fight, you are exactly who I am refering to.

It is funny, I recently met a fellow MMA.TV member recently, and we came to an interesting conclusion. You can read peoples posts, and tell almost immediately if they have ever set foot in a Martial arts school in their life.