Frozen Thread Thread

Mark, come on kid. Check your mma.tv e-mail.

You sent me the first email and I replied with my home number or asked you to reply with yours.

Regardless, if I see you in Montreal in a few weeks, I'll by you a beer. Enjoy the fights tonight.

Cheers,
Randy Hosking

This isn't your personal spam forum. If every vendor/promotor acted
that selfishly, it would clog out everything else on the board. Luckily,
everyone else seems to understand this and is cooperating responsibly
and appreciably.

Then there's you. So, here's the deal -- we're going to learn you:

Strap on your personal responsibility balls and make 1 (one) thread
titled: "MFC April News" (note lack of all-caps). Then post everything
that's happening in the MFC in that thread. TTT it all you want. Go
crazy.

In May, let it fall off and start a May thread.

Rinse and repeat.

Are we clear?

Good.

Thanks for your understanding and continued cooperation.

rene.r makes perfect sense but pavelich wont listen

wtf Pavelich ran out of Brill cream and we weren't notified...Something should be done about this so it never happens again.

Thanks and much appreciated.

Note: If you prefer, you are also welcome to make per-event threads. IE,
Event 24 News! Then drop it for Event 25 News! etc. Whatever suits your
news cycle.

So much for "Thats (sic) how we will do it then."

Once again, frozen. Next time, deleted. (Actually, next time maybe just moved to "What if?" that seems funnier...)

Rene,
Thanks.

Attn: Maximum Fighting

Re: Your MMAil:

I don't know why it's so hard to understand, and even harder to keep your own word of "Thats (sic) how we will do it then", but realize that if every promotion and vendor had 5 continuously TTT'd thread (as some others besides MF have done in the past), there'd be no room for anything else on the forum. It's not "self-promotion ground" or "free advertising ground" and certainly not "spam ground".

I don't moderate for content, call each other (and me) any names you want. Just don't spam the frakking forum, and keep your word (what else have you got in life?)

(And no more repetitive explanations on my part. B'okay?)

(Wow, new MMA.tv does not respect Safari generated line breaks at all...)

rene.r - keep your word (what else have you got in life?)

He has that?

I understand his point of view; he's excited about what he's doing and wants to use the forum to promote it, and it annoys him that he can't do what he wants when he wants. That's certainly understandable and probably frustrating from his point of view.

Unfortunately, it's only his point of view. He's having trouble looking beyond himself. That's not unusual, but it will lead to increasing frustration for him.

He needs to stop seeing the forum as a spamming vehicle he can use and start seeing it as a community he can participate in.