Fury vs Joshua is off. Fury vs Wilder 3 is ON!

Why? Fury is massively popular in UK. He has fought in UK 30 times winning many on points. He is loved similarly to Ricky Hatton. Both are from close to Manchester. AJ is from London.

AJ also has Hearn as promoter, and Hearn is a great promoter. But if you just ask guys in the street, people love Tyson.

Tyson had an unfortunate luck with his mental health break (3 years), and then having his biggest fights abroad. Wilder 1+2 and Klitschko all overseas.

[quote=“Chael_McD, post:18, topic:3669956, full:true”]

2 Likes

Arbitrator rules Tyson Fury owes Deontay Wilder a third fight by Sept. 15

Only a day after WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury announced a massive unification fight against IBF-WBA-WBO champion Anthony Joshua on Aug. 14 in Saudi Arabia, an arbitrator ruled he must face ex-champion Deontay Wilder next.

The arbitrator, retired Judge Daniel Weinstein, granted an injunction request by Wilder to enforce a provision in his original contract with Fury for a third fight. Weinstein ruled that Fury must fight Wilder by Sept. 15.

Though Weinstein’s arbitration ruling is not a court order, it is enforceable by the courts. That makes it likely that Fury will obey the order and fight Wilder, though Fury has yet to speak publicly. The alternative would be for Fury to negotiate a deal with Wilder to step aside with the agreement that Wilder would face the winner.

Wilder manager Shelly Finkel said he could not comment. Representatives for Top Rank, which promotes Fury, also declined comment. Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s promoter, did not return messages from Yahoo Sports.

Fury and Wilder first fought on Dec. 1, 2018, in Los Angeles, with the bout coming out a split draw. One judge favored Fury 114-112. A second favored Wilder 115-111. A third had it 113-113.

In 2019 they signed a deal to fight again on Feb. 22, 2020. That contract included a provision for a third fight, unless the loser did not want it. Fury won by seventh-round TKO. Wilder quickly asserted he wanted the rematch.

The sides originally agreed on a date in July 2020, but Wilder had surgery on his left biceps and wasn’t available to fight then. The sides kept searching for a date, first in October and finally into December.

They held the date of Dec. 19, but both ESPN and Fox, which televised the second fight and would have done the third, told promoters that because of a heavy college football schedule on that date, including the SEC Championship, a pay-per-view boxing show was not feasible.

When the idea was floated of going into February 2021, Fury tired of waiting and moved on and the deal was reached for the two-fight series with Joshua. Wilder then filed for the injunction, claiming Fury owed him the fight.

Weinstein agreed and so it looks like Fury-Wilder 3 is next.

The Saudi’s will slip Beyoncé a few bucks to step aside.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing Fury beat Wilder again.

The more losses the better for the guy who said he would beat prime Mike Tyson (lol).

Ideally, both fights will happen, and the short lived drama will be a distant memory.

5 Likes

I’m definitley watching

Agree with you ^

Fury is the best HW boxer in the game right now. Should do the AJ fight before #3

That last fight was a one sided beat down vs wilder
Hope he beats him even worse

Yo Wilder Don’t wear the 90# BLM mask this time dumbass

3 Likes

I’m not arguing with you, I agree 100% but boxing is crooked as fuck. If he fights AJ he loses a decision then the rematch makes twice as much as the first. We all know he can beat Wilder again and if he Ko’s AJ why would we need a rematch?

1 Like

Wilder will end up getting some step aside money

1 Like

I like Wilder but he will get KOed again. I’d rather watch Fury and Anthony. Make Wilder fight That Mexican giy that KOed Anthony

1 Like

Fury finishes AJ. IMO

Fury looked on a different level last fight.
AJ is good but I think Fury TKO him in the 8th or so

Wilder is a mental midget it appears. I doubt he does much better in #3 fight but he has a BIG punchers chance. He throws bombs !
Fury batters hun next time again…

Andy Ruiz would light Wilder’s ass up, but it’d be really fun. Wilder definitely has a punchers chance in every fight and I’ve seen gun footage of him recently that looks much more technically disciplined than ever before. It’s possible that he’s been humbled and quietly working since he was humiliated by Fury and then himself with his post/fight behavior.

I disagree, the only ones we miss are cross-weight fantasy matchups (GSP Silva, Jones Ngannou etc.). We almost always get the best fights within the weight classes and the #1-5 guys fighting for the belt. Boxing’s “champion” will fight paper bags and lawn chairs for 6 years without ever even fighting a name someone knows.

I am sure wilder has weighed his costumes and created check points for his beverages this time around. Easy win for the man who nearly beat charlie z.

1 Like

wow

A damn shame, Hope Wilder gets wrecked.

Maybe you are right. I’m just a casual boxing fan. I loved 90’s HW boxing and of course loved watching replays of Ali/Frazer/Foreman/Hagler/Hearns/Duran/Leonard/Chavez etc…

As a fan it just feels like the “big” (to us casuals) fights just don’t get made as often or deliver like they once did.

This is no real surprise to anyone who has followed Arum or King for decades. Their mentality has always been to risk little and maintain a star’s win streak as losses hurt in boxing more than any other sport by far. The seem to figure if you can make (just using nice round numbers here) 25 million on 5 locks, it’s better than making 100 million with 1 fight. This is the biggest reason we had to wait so long for Pac vs Mayweather.

1 Like