Future of shogun??

Since thiaguy is gone forever, I thought id start a serious thread about what he could possibly do to make a come back.

I personally believe he needs to stop surrounding himself with yes
Men and change camps. He needs serious conditioning training and proper rehab on his knees.

Thoughts?? Phone Post

I could be remembering incorrectly but was his fight vs Forrest the only fight he trained with Kings? If so he should go back.

Ah, my favourite all time fighter.

Sadly I think it's too late for him to be a beltholder but to get better he'd need to change camps as you said. Probably train in the US.

Anyone know if this was a disagreement between him and his ex manager Alonso? Phone Post

Train at Kings. Start setting up his punches, was frustrating as hell watching him just wing that overhand time after time against Gus. Needs to use more leg kicks I think as well. Phone Post

Ye I used to think he was a good technical boxer, who could cover distance like no other. This is where I think the yes men come in. Saying stuff like 'it only takes one shot' etc. He is now relying on his power alone.

He has so much raw talent and potential. Its a shame to see it go to waste Phone Post

He needs to get some terminator style bionic knees then he will be back as pride shogun also he could do with oxygen tanks like the climbers use might give him a boost between rounds

FatLoser raises a couple of very good points. With so many surgeries I think Shogun's knees are shot. I would love to see him work his wrestling more and BJJ game to pull off some sub victories. He is a BJJ BB who hasn't subbed anyone in competition for over 6 years. Also agree on Shogun's defensive boxing needing work. Jack Slack pointed it out and it was the reason that Hendo was able to tag him repeatedly. Also a testament to Shogun's heart as well...Bisping, Feijao, Fedor and Babalu have all fallen to the H bomb in recent times.

I think he needs to train with Raphael again, those two work so well with each other.  

I don't know the situation with his knees, obviously they are not 100%, or else he'd still be throwing kicks. If he can start throwing kicks again I'd have a hard time imagining anyone beating him on the feet. I don't think that will happen though. I used to have hope but the Gus fight killed it.

What he can do though is change his style . His offensive wrestling is still great, even today. He took down Gus and Henderson on multiple occasions (I could be remembering the Gustaffson fight incorrectly, tell me if I'm wrong), which is extremely impressive. His ground and pound remains some of the most vicious in the sport.

In my humble opinion his best bet is to tighten up his stand up and start winning rights from on top. His JJ is great and his ground and pound is better. Phone Post

minotauro11 - I don't know the situation with his knees, obviously they are not 100%, or else he'd still be throwing kicks. If he can start throwing kicks again I'd have a hard time imagining anyone beating him on the feet. I don't think that will happen though. I used to have hope but the Gus fight killed it.

What he can do though is change his style . His offensive wrestling is still great, even today. He took down Gus and Henderson on multiple occasions (I could be remembering the Gustaffson fight incorrectly, tell me if I'm wrong), which is extremely impressive. His ground and pound remains some of the most vicious in the sport.

In my humble opinion his best bet is to tighten up his stand up and start winning rights from on top. His JJ is great and his ground and pound is better. Phone Post

Yes my guess is he could become a good counter striker. That could set up take downs pretty easily Phone Post

He looked pretty awesome against gustaf imo

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - He needs to get that clavicle repaired!

Time and time we have seen that a healthy Shogun can beat anyone, FACT!

No doubt that a healthy Shogun CAN and WOULD beat down Jon Jones!

In addition I think he should go back to Kings MMA, that's where he looks BEST!

Look at his rematch with Forrest....

Pure destruction!

He trained with Kings for that fight.

He even had a six pack in a video, so sexy!

Noooooooooooo!!!!!! Phone Post

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - He needs to get that clavicle repaired!

Pure destruction!

Lol nice Phone Post

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - He needs to get that clavicle repaired!

Pure destruction!

What you did there, I see it. VTFU. 

Either take it serious or retire. He can cash in big two more times perhaps while getting beaten but then the game is over. If he wants to beat top ten guys he needs to rejuvinate his training. Such a talented guy but I honestly think contender Shogun is gone.

One of my faves all-time. I think at the level it takes to be a champ in MMA - You need to be 100%.

After numerous injuries I think it's almost impossible.

I will always like to imagine nobody could beat Pride GP champ Shogun though! Phone Post

The fact is, NONE of us know the accumulative damage his knee injuries have done to him at this point. There's a very good chance that his knees are preventing him from training at a high level.

It's pretty clear that unless he somehow gets his knee's back to 100%, we likely seen the best of Shogun.

Thaiguy isn't gone.

yellow wrkahlc - 

Thaiguy isn't gone.

Are you aware of him being back under a new SN? 

JBASS -
yellow wrkahlc - 

Thaiguy isn't gone.

Are you aware of him being back under a new SN? 

What!! Thought he got ip banned? Phone Post

He's inside of all of us.

He really is.

And to sit there an deny it would be a crime, and would make you a major liar.

I get so sick of people insulting Thaiguy for standing up for what he believed in. Shogun is still a hell ofa fight er and will always be one of the GOATS at 205 AND P4P.

Thaiguy lives inside all of us, so never doubt his presence because he will always be around for as long as their are page indentations, spacebars, and the enter key.