Gary Goodrige once won a fight by squeezing balls

One of my favorite stories I ever heard on the podcast. 

Adam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra8KihYzaIk&t=6s

1 Like

Yes, this happened at an International Vale Tudo event. It was Gary Goodridge vs The Pedro Otavio. You could here The Pedro screaming when Goodridge squeezed his balls. It brought new meaning to no holds barred and anything goes.

Now, his corner said, "Sic'em, boy!" But what Goodridge heard was, "Gary! Sic balls

3 Likes

I used to have a sound file of that scream noise. It's different.

“I used to have a sound file of that scream noise. It’s different.”

I have the video buried away in a box somewhere.

1 Like

The Pedro probly would ahve won that fight What happened ot him

1 Like
Winston Wolf -

Became a singer...true story

kungfugrip -
Winston Wolf -

not too suprised Thanks

IIRC, The Pedro was messing with Gary’s “junk” and Gary decided to return the favor.

1 Like

That was the finals of the IVTC but what remembers is that Pedro had his hands in the trunks of his previous opponents. Everyone saw it so Gary knew and was ready to fight fire with fire.

1 Like

Monkey steals the peach. Legit move.

That’s no joke.

At one time Gary Goodridge was the greatest arm wrestler on the planet earth. His grip strength was preposterous.

I can’t imagine how much pain the poor bastard was in.  

1 Like
Rabid Bunyip -

Now, his corner said, "Sic'em, boy!" But what Goodridge heard was, "Gary! Sic balls

He was a real junk yard dog...

the scream at 5 seconds

<iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“YouTube” frameborder=“0” allow=“accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>

kungfugrip -
Winston Wolf -

Falsetto?

Jump Kick - https://youtu.be/gR1AQBXHseY

Damn. That was crazy. 

https://youtu.be/gR1AQBXHseY

Malvert the Janitor -

That’s no joke.

At one time Gary Goodridge was the greatest arm wrestler on the planet earth. His grip strength was preposterous.

I heard it as he Wasn’t the greatest, but he never worked at it and competed with the best and if he wanted to he could have been the best…  either way, god help any man with their balls anywhere near Gary goodridges hands… 

Dugs95 -
Malvert the Janitor -

That’s no joke.

I heard it as he Wasn’t the greatest, but he never worked at it and competed with the best and if he wanted to he could have been the best…  either way, god help any man with their balls anywhere near Gary goodridges hands… 

He should not have fought those last years in K1.  I remember thinking that while he was actually doing well in K1.  Poor guy.

1 Like