Get rid of Cormier and Rogan.

Anik is and always has been terrible as well. All he adds are gambling facts and telling us about child support battles. Fuck Anik, he's terrible.

1 Like

Commented has been wierd for a while.... maybe its because of the times but it sounds like drunk people at a bar alot of the time in the big fights. Prelims are better though 

If you were listening to that fight on the radio, you'd think Izzy was smashing him and Jan had nothing for him.

1 Like

I thought the exact same thing regarding goldie.  He used to say less dumb shit.

I swear rogan has gotten dumber over the years.  I could easily have given everything round to Jan. I think I gave one or two to Izzy but it was almost out of charity.

Rogan has been playing favorites for years. If he likes you or you play 10th planet joo Getzoo you gonna get hype trained. 

I still like both of them just not together. 

Does anyone else hate Aniks laugh?

HillboFrateTrane -

They need a veteran broadcaster to run the commentary. Goldberg didn’t necessarily know his stuff and said stupid shit here and there, but he knew how to keep the commentary going and could reign Joe in. Anik is just a straight man cuck who interjects with facts here and there between to the color guys who are running the show which is the problem. 

They need a straight guy who commands the broadcast booth. Right now it’s two Bobby Heenans and a red rooster. 

The problem is Rogan. He doesn’t shut the fuck up. Talks non-stop (constantly talking over and interrupting the play by play man is inexcusable and unprofessional.) and of course the screaming.

No play by play man they bring in is going to be able to “reign him in” because he doesn’t respect any of these guys. Whoever is directing the broadcast needs to tell him to let the PbP guy do his job and stop talking over him. That’s all I ask for.

There's that famous clip on YouTube of Joe telling the story of how the Fox ppl tried to get him to change the way he calls fights. His reaction and attitude while telling the story is so disheartening. You realize that he not only doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, but that he thinks he's perfect and above any criticism. 

Rimbaud -
HillboFrateTrane -

They need a veteran broadcaster to run the commentary. Goldberg didn’t necessarily know his stuff and said stupid shit here and there, but he knew how to keep the commentary going and could reign Joe in. Anik is just a straight man cuck who interjects with facts here and there between to the color guys who are running the show which is the problem. 

They need a straight guy who commands the broadcast booth. Right now it’s two Bobby Heenans and a red rooster. 

The problem is Rogan. He doesn’t shut the fuck up. Talks non-stop (constantly talking over and interrupting the play by play man is inexcusable and unprofessional.) and of course the screaming.

No play by play man they bring in is going to be able to “reign him in” because he doesn’t respect any of these guys. Whoever is directing the broadcast needs to tell him to let the PbP guy do his job and stop talking over him. That’s all I ask for.

There's that famous clip on YouTube of Joe telling the story of how the Fox ppl tried to get him to change the way he calls fights. His reaction and attitude while telling the story is so disheartening. You realize that he not only doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, but that he thinks he's perfect and above any criticism. 

After seeing your post I went and searched for the clip.  I have to say I disagree with you man, it’s a valid point he was making, that he is who he is, and isn’t going to change just because it’s Fox telling him to.  He said, if you want another you’re welcome to hire someone better suited for what you’re looking for.  I didn’t feel like he was saying “my way is the way, it’s the best way, fuck you.”

felt more like “I am what I am, the ufc is independent of all sports like all other sports are in their own way, and he commentates in a way that is widely praised within the sport, and if that isn’t what they’re looking for, he understands.”

So I think the issue they’re both having is that instead of talking about the fight, they’re trying a little too hard to predict the future. Instead of talking about what’s happening RIGHT NOW, or even talking about the current grappling sequence, and how the guy looks to be working towards X, they watch half a round and try to predict how the rest of the fight is going to go.

So they see Jan reacting to the feints, and instead of a simple “Izzy keeps getting him to react to the feints, and is figuring out his timing” or something like that…they go on and on about it, acting like he’s putting on some master display, and he’s well on his way to victory.

When I watched it, they were totally kissing Izzy’s ass, but when they started talking about the scorecards, they were both saying Jan was likely to win after he got the takedown in the 5th. They were acting like it was 2-2 instead of 3-1 (the way all 3 judges had it) but the rounds were pretty close early, so 2-2 wasn’t crazy.

I would enjoy it more if they just talk about what they’re seeing, and not try to predict how the fight is going to play out based on something simple that Jan could easily figure out.

They’re simply just trying to hard to create narratives, instead of focusing on their color commentary roles.

They both need to apologize to Jan. They could have easily swayed the judges into Izzys favor with that fucken biased commentary in that quiet arena. 

1 Like

Keep Cormier but Joe needs to go.

1 Like

[quote=“Bend_The_Knee, post:18, topic:3664057, full:true”]

“Widely praised within the sport…” Yeah, I don’t know about that. What can fighters really say? I mean how honest can they be about the voice of the UFC.

I think the opposite. Cormier is the worst on the panel

How fight commentary SHOULD sound. Starts around 12:00

They’re all terrible. They won’t bring back Goldberg, so get Schiavello and get someone more interesting than Cormier and less annoying than Cruz.

Schiavello is an unprofessional fkn clown. Guy cares more about calling attention to himself than the fights. Fuck that guy.

1 Like

DC was terrible this weekend.

He was eating chips at one point lol but that was more interesting than the crap he usually has to talk about.

haha fun post