Getting Older and Training

With the advent of yet another new year, I've been thinking about how best to use what little time I have left.

Around about '99 I ceased all gym work and devoted my entire training time to the mat: presently I spend about 9 hours a week at the dojo/academy training (probably an evenly split between skills and sparring). I was considering/wondering whether it would be appropriate to re-allocate my time and maybe start incorporating some gym work again...

What are some of your views as to the 'appropriate' division of one's time between the gym environment vs. the mat?

No weights, its a boring waste of time mostly enjoyed by meatheads like BigD =)

Ben

Ben is correct. Well, about D being a meathead anyway.

Bench, squats and deadlifts. Takes no time at all (unless you're a real meathead) and keeps you strong.

And I look great in a deadlift suit !!

Tank

hahaha well said Dodge.

Tank, are you insinuating im weak? =)

Ben

Ben: you are weak.

not with those forearms Ben....

Thats it, no more mr nice guy for mr law. ITS ON!

waits patiently for more rebukes and elvis to log on and call me weak

No Ben, not at all. A little over sensitive perhaps, maybe suffering from a slight persecution complex, but not weak...

:-)

Tank

Dutch starts doing push-ups at his desk whilst waiting for his browser to refresh

Its to late now tank, you just made it worse...

Next time I fight at XFC, im going to drag you through the ropes and peoples elbow you!

"Dutch starts doing push-ups at his desk whilst waiting for his browser to refresh "

bahahaha no amount of pushups are going to save you now

begins more forearm increasing exercises privately at desk

thank god bens taken the forearm strengthening away from my gym and back to his desk

"Benny, are you home?"

"Just busy Mum, I won't be a second..."

"Benny, what are you doing, show your Mumma!"

"Mum, don't opent the door!!!"

"Benny? BEN!! Oh my God! Pappa, Ben is working his forearms AGAIN!! Do something about it!"

Jason man! What are you doin' to us?

Don't give Ben another excuse to work on his foreams... We all know how much he enjoys that...

This is all making me hot!!

thinks back to coopers sleeping chad in the gym

"Benny, are you home?"

"Just busy Mum, I won't be a second..."

"Benny, what are you doing, show your Mumma!"

"Mum, open the door!!!"

The above has been edited for more realism =)

"Next time I fight at XFC, im going to drag you through the ropes and peoples elbow you"

You're gonna need an awful lot of that forearm strength to drag me through the ropes.

My current "training" regime has me weighing on a little on the heavy side...

And if you insist on grabbing me, please enure you've washed your hands after your forearm workout !

:-)

Tank

Ill get you through, dont worry about that. Denis and Elvis will be on hand to help of course.

"And if you insist on grabbing me, please enure you've washed your hands after your forearm workout ! "

No deal

grins at monitor

tell me about it, I'm still trying to scrub bens stains out of the gym :s

Best thread I've ever read. Keep up the good work, boys.