Giant Silva fan thread!

Ever since the untimely death of Andre, there has really been a void as far as giants in my life.

GS has filled these big shoes with bigger ones.

Giant Silva now has a posse!

7'7"
540 lbs

The Giant trains under Team Renzo Newark, NJ -under Ricardo (brown belt) and Rumolo Bittencourt (black belt)
info on the newark academy:

109 Monroe St., 3rd floor--Ironbound section (next to Brasilia Grill)

Newark,NJ 07105

Contact Head instructor Ricardo Bittencourt 646.236.2586 ricardo@wbrinternet.com.br

gan mchee vs. giant silva

ttt for the Giant vs. Randleman next round...that'd be so fun to watch...

"7'7" 540 lbs"

Of course, these are largely inflated numbers.

Can you imagine hitting the giant in the face? You think Tito has a big head? Damn.

I believe if he were fighting anybody besides the sumo neckless wonder he would have laid in his guard and with both hands front choked his opponent, possibly pinching their head off.

i saw some numbers like that on the internet. pride listed him as 7'2 and 325lbs i believe? i liked him. i can't believe he pulled off the arm crank while being in the bottom of a side mount!

I am on the Giant bandwagon big time. I love to see this guy fight! I actually think he has a chance in the next round if he fights Ogawa, or maybe even (don't laugh) Randleman.

giant silva vs. wes sims who wins.

He wobbled Heath by slapping him on the top of his head.

If the guy lands a punch, I'm predicting he gets a KO over most people.

I like him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy without attitude. I was became a fan after reading this bit of an Inside Fighting interview:

IF: Do you have any strategy on how you're going to beat him?

PS: Well no, I'm going to be in the ring and I'll do anything I can to win -punching, kicking. I wish he won't kick my legs like Herring did. He kept kicking my legs. It took maybe a month, month and a half for my knee to be good. So I wish he won't kick my knee too much.

i met him like 5 years ago in jersey at an event... he was pretty nice... a little out there, BIG AS SHIT!!! here's a pic of me next to him if a blue namer wants to post it..

http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v171/milkman13/giantsilva.jpg

he doesnt have better skills than mcgee!

i feel bad for him he reminds me of andre the giants character in the princess bride

ttt for the Giant. he is a great guy and has a new passion for the sport now that he is learning BJJ.

Count me in.

Anybody that WANTS to improve as a fighter and works hard at accomplishing that gets my vote for sure.

I like him. I was very surprised he lasted as long as he did against Heath without having a heart attack like Sims, McGee, Sapp and other big guys typically do.

McGee looked like complete crap against Herring and Schilt, and while those guys are good, they certainly didn't look it in their fights against Gan, so he really has no excuse to look that bad. Add in his demolition by Sylvia and you have a fighter who just doesn't seem to care.

lol@ Up With Evil.
Giant Silva is the man.

TTT for the world's biggest bandwagon!

BTW, I think Giant would kill McGhee, LA Giant and that idiot Sims.

Giant Silva: The best of the giants!

"Count me in.

Anybody that WANTS to improve as a fighter and works hard at accomplishing that gets my vote for sure."

Amen to that.

Somebody said he was a serious athlete at one point? In what sport? Basketball?