Gif issue that's easily explained

LoganClark - A twitter war is the only way to save the gifs.

I believe the UG News and UFC are only fluent in "Bitter Twitter Quarrels".

SRTGEO - § 107 . Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use40
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107

If that's the law then what's the problem?

Fair use motherfucker!

I buy whatever events I can. If I can't justify the expense, I'll make due with GIFs and highlights, and I buy the fights later on when possible. I can now say that I hope piracy increases exponentially. Seriously, I hope piracy gets so bad that the fucking Black Pearl crashes through Mandalay Bay and kidnaps Anderson Silva. I'm tired of the UFC imposing ridiculous restrictions for no reason other than they assume I'm a criminal.

Has anyone, a mod, Kirik, anyone, bothered to confirm, deny or explain this phenomena? Did this actually come from Zuffa, their attorneys? Is it just some mod being a dick? I've seen several threads with complaints, but nothing "official". Thanks for any explanation.

No, but if you ask too much the threads get moved to 'What if'.

mynameisjonas - 

That'll do. Who is in charge?

LoganClark - 
mynameisjonas - 

That'll do. Who is in charge?

I guess we could all start tweeting gifs and the retweeting would probably take off like wildfire? That the plan? #MMAGif

I demand gifs and I demand them now. Plus we deserve some mother fucking answers! Phone Post 3.0

The most answers you're going to get are in the 'What if' forum now.  If you're on a computer, you can find that under 'community forums'.

If not, you're SOL, but enjoy the TUF 11 forum from your phone.