Go on, wrestle the bear!

Good use of your weight to tire your opponent, @TheBearStare.

9 Likes

Oldest trick in the book. The guy asked to go light and preceded to heel hook the shit out of me 30 seconds into the sparring session. I was pretty pissed but tried to keep my cool and not maul him to death.

9 Likes

Dude is like going 120% while bear 10-20% :laughing:

5 Likes

Poor bear has had his teeth and claws ripped out.

5 Likes

bear failed to make weight

2 Likes

That bear is really trained well. It seems to know not your bite

Wouldnā€™t much matter if it did. Theyā€™ve very likely ripped its front teeth out. And pulled itā€™s claws. Barbaric shit.

1 Like

Well maybe in trade for its teeth and claws they are providing it with a better life than it would have in the wild

4 Likes

Maybe they used some anesthetics and etc, he is well fed and his fur looks great, not every bear looks like that
Ofc they could give him bear custom made muzzle for mouth, claws, but the claws prob takes a lot of time to care

1 Like

I wish I had a pet bearā€¦ We would be best buds. We could hike and grapple in the grass.
Have picnics!
Go for a swim in the river.
If only I were to be so lucky.

5 Likes

Your screen name perhapsā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m not afraid of bears but I am afraid of what they could do to me. Fucking balls it would take to wrestle one.

3 Likes

it must be very strong

1 Like

Bear was playing. A bear that size could easily rag doll him. Still crazy.

Mark Schultz once told me a crazy story about wrestling a bear. He was out at a bar with the rest of the US world team, I think it was somewhere in Oklahoma in 85 maybe. Anyway the bar had a challenge to wrestle a bear they kept there. Ginger the bear. Ginger had a muzzle so she couldnā€™t bite you and I guess they removed the razor sharp claws. The deal was you got some prize, like free beer for a year or something, if you could pin the bearā€™s wrists to the ground. Mark figured out that the anatomy of bears basically made this impossible. I donā€™t think he or anyone else won.

5 Likes

Nice excuse. More like the skillset of the bear and the feebleness of the people made it impossible

4 Likes

There is a bar in Oklahoma where the keep a bear chained up to wrestle drunken bar goers?
Sounds like illegal hillbilly activity.

4 Likes

It was in the early/mid 80s. I doubt anyplace could get away with it now.

2 Likes

Under different circumstances, sometimes the bear gets angry and out of controlā€¦

2 Likes

Holy shit at the 21 second mark until the end of the video. The bear goes for a snag single, and the way he wouldnā€™t let go of the leg. Then transitions into some pummeling, then finishes the video with the front headlock. Granted Iā€™m really fucking high right now, that was awesome! Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!

2 Likes