Goddard a joke

jonbonesjonesfan79 - Can joes corner throw a towel in like in boxing? Don't think ive ever seen it in the ufc Phone Post 3.0

Nick threw the towel when Nate lost to Josh Thomson

jonbonesjonesfan79 - Can joes corner throw a towel in like in boxing? Don't think ive ever seen it in the ufc Phone Post 3.0

No.
"The referee is the sole arbiter of a contest and is the only individual authorized to stop a contest. The referee may take advice from the ringside physician and/or the Commission with respect to the decision to stop a contest.

The referee and the ringside physician are the only individuals authorized to enter the ring/fighting area at any time during competition other than the rest periods and subsequent to the contest ending."

marth - Most refs would have let that keep going until he collapsed. That was a good stoppage. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed. Maybe it could have been earlier. But most refs would have let it go on.

Goddard is a great ref which is helped by the fact he's an ex fighter himself. Highly respected in the UK and runs reffing workshops to get others into the game Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - GREAT stoppage

you guys need to stop with terrible this and horrible that

better late than early. Joe will be fine in a few days

This.

Everything we need to know about the OP can be summed up here:

Thought it should have been stopped a bit sooner as well. Especially when Lauzon was stumbling while turning his back away.

It kind of reminded me of that one fight video where the ref didn't stop it b/c the guy was able to keep it standing. Didn't he end up dying or have some major medical trauma?!?!?

sambo4248 -
Kirklazarus - 
sambo4248 - You're what's wrong with the ufc now. Give the fighters some time to recover! Phone Post 3.0
Listen i dont cry about much calls and completely agree with you about giving time to recover but joe was gone... Phone Post 3.0

I love Joe and wish he would have recovered. I agree he was probably done earlier, but isn't it nice to know that it was over. Doesn't this cement the win more for Iaquinta than if it was stopped after the first shot. This fight definitely went longer than it should have but I just think a little longer is better then a little shorter.

I hate the "Well he was just going to keep eating shots" response too. Let him eat one or two of those shots then stop the fight.

My bad for lashing out, just a thing that's been bothering me lately. I'm not usually one to bitch either
Refs don't stop fights, or let them go on, for viewers' sake. It's not really about what you want to see. It's about fighter health.

So, your anger is misplaced and doesn't really matter. Phone Post 3.0

The Gustaffson/Rumble fight should have been called WAY before Alex's head started bouncing around as well, imo.