Gold-Winning Olympic Judoka Jailed After Drunken-Brawl Murder

A gold medal-winning Olympic judoka has been jailed after the brutal murder of his friend during a drunken brawl in Mongolia.

Naidangiin Tüvshinbayar made history in Beijing 14 years ago when he became Mongolia’s first-ever Olympic gold medalist. Having followed that success with silver in London four years later, he firmly cemented himself as a national hero, and later became president of the Mongolian National Olympic Committee.

His success isn’t just rooted in judo, though. His Olympic performances are credited to have “prompted leaders from feuding parties to join thousands of revelers in the streets to celebrate their champion,” according to Reuters.

The International Judo Federation even uploaded a video to YouTube in 2019 celebrating Tüvshinbayar’s success, branding him the man who “stopped a civil war” through Olympic triumph.

But while he embraced celebratory status, which included numerous media and television appearances, and political influence, TĂĽvshinbayar committed a crime last year that has since stripped him of such glory.

His new legacy? That of a vicious murderer.

From Olympic Judoka To Brutal Murderer

Just four years after helping to promote the successful campaign of Democratic Party presidential candidate Khaltmaagiin Battulga, one night turned Tüvshinbayar’s life, as well as others’, on its head.

The two-time Olympic medalist was charged with the killing of his friend, Mongolian wrestling figure Erdenebilegiin Enkhbat, during a meeting with a number of notable members of the Democratic Party in the country’s Zavkhan province.

Per iSee, having become intoxicated and violent, TĂĽvshinbayar attacked Enkhbat. After striking his childhood friend with an object, the victim as left with brain damage, which later led to his death in hospital.

Following a much-publicized year-long trial, Tüvshinbayar was transformed from a national hero to a disgraced athlete. He’ll now spend 16 years in prison after being handed the sentence by the court of the Khan-Uul district of the Mongolian capital Ulaanbaatar.

JSD

6 Likes

Not really

2 Likes

So Juno Beach wrestling gotta hate voice to text let me try again judo beats wrestling. While using an object

1 Like

What a Mongoloid

8 Likes

I could see this happening to that TrainJudo guy.

Oh Man RIP Quincy

5 Likes

LOL oh shit, I sort of figured the guy wasn’t with us anymore. I tried auto-completing his userid and got nuttin.

Man… the good old days.

1 Like

Ahhh Man , He was not feeling well at the end. I was bringing him foods to eat.

5 Likes

Man, sorry to hear. I didn’t actually know the guy that well, but I was vaguely aware of what appeared to be a Judo guy trolling the BJJ and wrestling guys. Was he trolling, or did he drink his own koolaid? Before my time I guess… but there was a certain charm to it, lol.

I can’t recall the details with Quincy. I thought it was overdose possibly? Was he sick?

I’ll always remember his ribbing of butt scooting Pajama wearers. Rip train judo

4 Likes

Quincy Rice

1 Like

Former Mongolian President was fucking yoked

1 Like

Quincy Rice was the reason i joined this forum. I joined to challenge him to an mma match after the incident with Eddie Bravo on a miniture golf course… RIP Queen Rice…

9 Likes

I never heard of this story

No reason to be disrespectful to Quincy here . Q was a good man with a heart of gold . He would’ve done anything for anyone . Sure he liked to joke around and he had his demons but under all of that , he was one of the greatest grappling minds I’ve ever spoken too .

4 Likes

Yikes. Wonder if there was a love triangle involved that prompted the bashing. It’s always that.

1 Like

This just proves once again that judo is better than wrestling for the street.

1 Like