Goldberg is awful

Mike Goldberg was calling the UFC back when he spent half his time asking you to ask your local politicians to allow it.

The man has done more for the sport than any piece of garbage on this thread complaining about him.

He and Rogan have a magic chemistry that happens once every 5000 lifetimes.

If you ever speak ill of Goldie or Rogan in front of me, I apologize for your suffering, but guarantee that it will happen.

Bleedat

UGCTT_Winnson - Mike Goldberg was calling the UFC back when he spent half his time asking you to ask your local politicians to allow it.

The man has done more for the sport than any piece of garbage on this thread complaining about him.

If you ever speak ill of Goldie or Rogan in front of me, I apologize for your suffering, but guarantee that it will happen.

Bleedat

Go be a faggot somewhere else.

Mencken -  "These guys are throwing recklessly!" when the guys are throwing technical and accurate strikes.  It's like he doesn't even know the English language

It's the Engrish language according to Goldy.. I score this thread 29 - 28 for Goldy over the UG..

Signed, CP..

This same thread pops up after every PPV

with good reason Phone Post

1. Fire Goldberg
2. Hire Mauro set his mic to %50 volume
3. ??????
4. Profit Phone Post

Drummeryan - "Calling for the pacquiao." Joe Rogan asks "what's that?" Goldberg responds "I have no idea." Phone Post
Goldberg was repeating what the cornerman was screaming. Cornerman was screaming PACQUIAO. Phone Post

He needs to learn that a second or two of silence in a fight is on we don't need his endless nonsensical rambling. Phone Post

I like Goldberg but that mother fucker snores. I was on a flight with him once from london to L.A. Fucking hell.
Dude flies first class... Nice. Phone Post

This started off as a minor inconvenience, but now it's becoming a proper turnoff for me. Every fight, fucking EVERY FIGHT, is now just an empty vessel in which Goldberg can throw in the same things, whether they're appropriate or not.

Any of that inane chat where he talks a lot for a long time but never manages to actually say anything of substance (like that ridiculous exchange about what camp Bigfoot was in during his entrance). That's like 70% of his schtick.

NINETY SECONDS. THIRTY SECONDS.

Whatever his buzzword of the month is ('teep', 'slippin' and rippin' etc)

And of course, the not-at-all-tiresome 'IT IS AAAAALLL OVER', which gets really fucking embarrassing during the promo videos where you hear it at least 3 times in 'NINETY SECONDS'.

Mauro is admittedly corny at times, but at least he's actually fucking there, y'know? He's passionate and honest, and that is way better than the pre-prepared robotic notes that pepper every minute that Goldie calls.

I just think if they switched it up a bit and let Rogan work a show with Anik, Mauro or even Florian (who's got WAY better lately and is pretty much already doing PBP), people would realise how stagnant and forced Goldie seems.

It's time to bring in Jim Ross. Do the right thing DW.

UGCTT_Winnson - Mike Goldberg was calling the UFC back when he spent half his time asking you to ask your local politicians to allow it.

Bleedat

Watch out, we got a badass over here.

He was "truly" awful last night. Classic Goldbergisms throughout. Notably: over use of "truly", irrelevant facts and trivia instead of fight analysis, awkward sentences where he gets caught talking and keeps adding awkward shit to try and make it sound better. To anybody that says we are being haters, of course I couldn't personally be better, but it's not too much to ask for a world-class company like the UFC to have world-class announcing.

I say it in all these threads, but having Goldberg and Rogan still is like if Ricco Rodriguez and Tito Ortiz were still champions. They are holdovers from an era that's long gone. Whenever I watch top-level boxing I'm always tremendously impressed with the announcing. It's the UFC's number one area for growth as far as production goes.

bas rutten and joe rogan?

Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of the BJJ

Cue for the "Best of Goldberg" vids. Sure the guy sucks, but not a deal breaker for me. Comparing him to George W is right.

lockon - I usually try to tune him out but during the Varner/Barboza fight he went on about the difference between the "thuds" and "slaps" when a leg kick lands for a solid 20 seconds. Dude needs to go.
I literally said "SHUT THE FUCK UP" to my television during his explanation of "thud" and "slap". I can't STAND him. Phone Post

AmblingAlp - He was "truly" awful last night. Classic Goldbergisms throughout. Notably: over use of "truly", irrelevant facts and trivia instead of fight analysis, awkward sentences where he gets caught talking and keeps adding awkward shit to try and make it sound better. To anybody that says we are being haters, of course I couldn't personally be better, but it's not too much to ask for a world-class company like the UFC to have world-class announcing.

I say it in all these threads, but having Goldberg and Rogan still is like if Ricco Rodriguez and Tito Ortiz were still champions. They are holdovers from an era that's long gone. Whenever I watch top-level boxing I'm always tremendously impressed with the announcing. It's the UFC's number one area for growth as far as production goes.
I loved how he was rambling about Cain's high school wrestling or something while Cain had taken down Bigfoot and opened a huge cut on his face. Classic Goldberg. Phone Post

The issue is this: Goldberg is a nice guy, a reeeallly nice guy. And on that front, I'd hate to see him lose his job. But at the same time, even with the number of events he has done for so long, it's like he never learned anything. And that is as frustrating as his tendency to babble and throw out incoherent phrases that have little relevance as to what is actually happening.

If the UFC feels the need to pay this guy to speak into a microphone, perhaps bring it back to where there is a locker room reporter type situation. He'd do much better there. And replace him with someone else. Anyone else.

MIKE GOLDBERG is part of the fabric of the UFC and most people dont really realize how difficult his job is .

Cannot recall a time he did not do the commentary, must have been eons ago but if they had someone replace him for a couple events we would likely be begging to hve him back.

And yeah the chemistry with Joe Rogan is something special and makes up for any slight mistakes he might make.
Goldberg is a pro announcer having worked major sporting events and did the UFC;s and helped to build the sport...he deserves our loyalty and respect.