Gomi clowned Pulver

Out classed, not clowned, IMO.

No shame in losing to Gomi.

Great fight for gomi!

In Pride they want to see to fighters go to war, which is what Pulver and Gomi did, Jens got as much resprect from Pride as Gomi did, but Gomi came out with the win, Watch this match happen again in the Lightweight tournement. Props to both fighters...

TBidness

Ya, I dont think a fighter deserves to be labeled "clowned" in what many are calling one of the best boxing displays ever in MMA.

Denis Kang was one of those who thought so.

Mr. Horn, what does Hughes weigh in around, natural: 180-185?

when matt is training hard he is about 182 or so. "off season" he is about 187

Pulver got clOWNED! that's OWNED!

John Kerry is an idiot.

How in the hell could you possibly profess to know what was or was not a factor?

Jens hits hard, we all know this. Even you, in all of your obvious idiocy must admidt this. Furthermore in this fight tonight, nothing Jens threw seemed to have any effect on Gomi. It stands to reason one of two things are to blame: 1. Jens does not carry the same amount of power against a guy fighting at 160 as compared to a guy fighting at 145; 2. The punch power stealing fairy attacked Jens Pulver.

I'll let you figure out which is fucking more likely.

you really think that an extra 10-15 pounds doesn't help when your'e punching? have you ever been punched?

Gomi=freak

I'll talk to his former wrestling coach on Gomi's performance, Gomi looks like white ghost in the ring!

Thanks, Horn!

Jens is still one of the most respected fighters on the UG, Im still behind him all the way.

I guess its too early to tell but do you think Jens will fight FW or LW down the road or which ever good fights arise maybe?

It'd be nice to see him KO Pequeno.

pulver lost two in a row to two big guys that are now fighting at 170. (bas told me ludwig is going back up cause making 155 is too hard.) then he went down to a lighter weight a won like nine in a row. and now a third big guy beat him. what does that tell you?

im glad to see that there are still people out there who appreciate a good fight no matter who wins.im not sure whats next for jens

It was a great fight, the shots Gomi ate would have dropped many other 155ers. Gomi's chin was damn good, and it gave him the confidence to keep coming.

C

"How about Gomi has a great chin, douchebag? Amazing how that happens to be discussed on here on a regular basis, yet one would think you've never even seen Gomi fight. "

If you think that having a great chin somehow would make hard shots from one of the hardest p4p punchers in the game look like babyslaps.. I would surmise you've never been punched.

Great fight. Gomi did look pretty big... bigger than I've ever seen him.

In terms of the weight difference, it looked significant, however, I don't thing it made as big a difference as people are saying. Jens did a great job avoiding the few takedowns Gomi tried, so strength difference didn't seem crazy. Gomi ate some shots that would have put down many others, imo.

Jens looked great, but it was Gomis night.

C

I wonder it would take for Jens to get a shot at Pequeno?

Gomi vs Pulver was the best fight of the card imo. I don't think fighters deserve to be bashed when they put on such exciting fights. in japan to win or lose is not as important as to make an exciting fight so i think jens will be back.

Gomi lookd like an oriental version of the Elf from Lord Of The Rings.

He whooped Jens at his own game. Jens still looked good. Much better than I remember him looking back in the UFC days.

the only thing that i was wondering was whether or not people enjoyed the fight. I went in there expecting his ground game and got a boxing match instead, my hat is off to gomi for that. don't worry about the people saying i got clowned and owned and things of that nature, that is someone simply looking at this fight from a different view (most likely the chair or couch) they are allowed their opinions and I don't want them to change them. I loved being there and got a taste of being back up to 160, in a couple of months I will be back to full size and the weight will not be such a factor in the future. being at 160 that is.

jens, can you email me pls, if ya get a sec:

deshaad@hotmail.com

or just leave your email.

Great fight.

C