Gomi clowned Pulver

"That's the first thing I thought of when I seen them both in the ring. I thought Gomi looked much bigger then Pulver"

Same here jaydub.

And Ryan G and Universl are correct.

I thought it was a great fight. I was impressed by the skill and willingness of both fighters to go in there and bang it out.

That was an amazing fight Jens!

I thought Pulver was definately the more technical striker and he did an awesome job of keeping Gomi away with his jab. I really want to see some of Pulvers boxing matches now! He's a great representative for mma to crossover into boxing.

Now onto Gomi. I was very surprised to see Gomi using those bodyshots and I was even more surprised at how good gomi's chin is. He took some pretty hard shots from pulver and kept pushing forward.

Anyway you slice the cake that was an amazing fight with two warriors fighting tooth and nail. Hell, the fight didn't even hit the floor.

Fight of the night!!

When two guys are willing to stand toe-to-toe like that, one of them is going to go down. All it takes is one shot. Gomi got the shot in first.

Both fighters grew their MMA reputation with this fight. I will rewatch this fight many times. Thanks to both fighters for putting on such an enjoyable fight.

It was a great fight but hey I said before the fight started that jens looked small and size does make a difference in the pros.....great fight though.

Gomi was definitely bigger. Maybe the extreme confidence Gomi seemed to have had a lot to do with that. I don't think Pulver moved enough though - he would stand in one spot too long and Gomi was able to land big shots at will. You could almost sense the KO when Pulver stopped moving and punching.

GREAT FIGHT,

WTG JENS!!! Nice to see two atheletes put it on the line and really work the game as best as they both can. Thanks and hope you'll be fighting again soon.

Nice of you Jeremy Horn to come on here and give us some thoughts and insight with your professional experience and being at the event live!! Much class.

Curious though, as to why Jens didn't switch game plans and try to either work the clinch or grapple since it was mma and not boxing? Been training and fighting the boxing/strikeing so much lately your just completely focused on that during the fight Jens?
I know you were prolly trying to work on gomi's "weak area" but after he wasn't being phased was just wondering why no shifts in game plan or innovation in strategy? At any rate GREAT FIGHT MUCH PROPS, your a excellent athelete!!

AJ

why is it all of a sudden that cutting the weight is such a big deal, everyone is doing it, it is a part of the game, so i guess i would have to surmise this is the reason jens is knocking people out at 145lbs, jens lost big deal he was beaten by the better man that night, if jens didnt think he could win why take the fight, everybody on this board new gomi would be cutting weight including jens pulver, im voting this for best fight of 2005 right now!!!!!!!!

I ADMIT i never thought gomi would outstrike jens. and it was nt just the ko, but most of the fight

Fight of the night.

Much respect to Jens Pulver.

Woops, I meant when Belfort got the decision over Heath Herring.

jens= THE MAN. come on guys, danger mouse, kerry- couch potatos have respect losers...

Does anyone know how I could get Gomi/BJ on dvd?

Thanks
GREG MAC

"Does anyone know how I could get Gomi/BJ on dvd?

Thanks GREG MAC"

that was a GREAT fight...
first time Gomi ever tapped...
and they traded quite a bit standing too...
Gomi looked WORKED at the end of the fight, but i give him a TON of credit for having such a great chin...
i remember the post-fight interview in the ring, the japanese translator said something along the lines (on Gomi's behalf) of "come up and say hi to me if you see me at the beach tomorrow... i'll be the one with the beat-up face..."
he was a class act and even though i'm in the NovaUniao camp and i was obviously rooting for BJ, i still became a Gomi fan after that fight... (as long as he's not fighting one of our guys... lol)

you can get the DVD (which also has the Charuo x Gil Castillo fight) at a few different spots on the web...
www.rumbleontherock.com
www.sherdog.com
www.onthemat.com

:)

I thought Jens was doing well. They were both going back and forth. His stand up looked much better than I remember. Gomi seemed to be the stronger of the two though. He was hitting Pulver with some good body shots before hitting him with that left. Pulver will be back.

i don't know who is talking about cutting weight being the problem, i am saying going back up and feeling those shots for the first time in a while. they were taking alot out of me, a lot more than i thought. to the question about the ground no i wasn't wanting to take it there no matter what, i promised the promoters an exciting fight win or lose and that is what i gave them. i remember a time when the miletich team was ragged on for doing what ever it took to win, even slow the fight down and make it boring, good thing alot of you don't pay me for fighting, to fucking picky. any way I stood and i fell to the better fighter, no excuses. just wanted it to be exciting and that is what i believed happened. so again I thank the ones that have taken the time to support me and I hope that that support continues on into the future. and the guys hating behind their computers it is all good, i have done everything i wanted to in this sport, now i am here for the fans even the ones with no respect, to bad all the live shows i have been to and not one time have i heard the smartasses come up to me and say the same thing.

ttt for Jens, laying it all out there to put on an amazing display.

TBidness

hell yeah! strange that guys like dangermouse remain anonymous in person.... lol!!!

Jens - I loved the fight! Both of you guys looked awesome! One of the best fights in a long time.

Clowned? he knocked him out proper, no clowning about ti.
Also, this fight convinces me that while Jens had a good
reign as champ, he's no lightweight. Gomi looked huge