Gomi vs Gracie...

third imo

If that was a fluke then Diego's knee to Riggs was a fluke too...

Kasca, why can't Ralph earn his shot against Gomi first?

He earned the first shot at Gomi by beating Mishima.

Since losing to Gomi (in 6 seconds), Ralph has done nothing. Gomi has gone on to win the 161 lbs title.

If Ralph fights (and beats) Sakurai, Aoki, etc. then he is in a much better position to demand a shot against Gomi.

The only two fighters who can demand a shot at Gomi right now are Hansen and Penn IMO.

Gomi should WANT those fights.

If/when Gomi loses his title and if Ralph becomes the champ in the future, then Ralph can get Gomi...the champ can call the shots, right?

Sothy as I said before, Ralph isn't in the picture anymore, there's no point
in a rematch now, you're right, if he wanted to fight Gomi now he should
face someone else before.

as which knee was a fluke, I think it's pretty obvious that it was the first

;-)

Kasca-

Have you ever trained/rolled with Shinya Aoki? I remember you saying you trained at Nakai's but with all the dif locations and branches Nakai has I was wondering if you ever trained with any of the big names. Takumi?

Things happen in a fight, Gomi threw a knee-strike - and it landed, period. I do not respect Ralph, any fighter who will not touch gloves in respect is not a worthy opponent. Ralph's alleged threat to 'dojo-storm', is embarrasing to say the least. Why is he still fighting in Pride?

It was not Gomi's 'lucky' knee that knocked him out, it was Ralph's 1995-style takedown attempt that set him up for it.

ttt

"Seriously, how old are you? Hell, how old are many of you? Is that really all it takes to lose respect for a fighter?"

yflives, I have been invovled in many sporting situations, and have coached particular ones. Sportsmanship is a big deal with me. The fact that Ralph won't touch gloves in a public sports arena, couple with some of his past behaviour, does not allow me to respect him as a sportsman. I judge people how they behave in public. There are PLENTY of fighters in various martial sports who make a conscious effort to follow the ideals of sportsmanlike conduct and behave in those ways, out of resect for themselves, their coaches, their opponents, and the sport.

There is no reason for me to 'respect' a two-bit bully/thug like Ralph. And yes, he is an insecure bully and thug. Ask anyone who has had dealings with him.

So the reasoning from some of you Gracie nutriders would make me believe that Tyson was a fluke during his prime.

Knocking guys out in 40 seconds or less was based purely on the stars aligning at its proper axis.

Fucking get a life nutriders, Halph got his lunch handed to him by Gomi's well timed knee. If Halph took Gomi down and put a sub on him in 10 seconds would that be consider a fluke to you fucking nutjobs also?

I bet the answer is NO, and its would have given Halph godlike status.

Good thing that Ralph's last name wasn't Sakuraba, otherwise the ref would've let Gomi knee him in the head 20 times before the stoppage.

Like many BJJ'ers, outdated shooting skills will get you into trouble these days.

rematch IMO

YJ, yes I did roll with them, not anymore since I'm mostly in Saitama

"He will be rendered human in the U.S."

agreed 100%

"...I do not respect Ralph, any fighter who will not touch gloves in respect
is not a worthy opponent."

that's stupid, lots of people don't touch gloves, where's written that you
have to? Some people are just not in that frame of mind, get over it.

I have been invovled in many sporting situations, and have coached particular ones. Sportsmanship is a big deal with me. The fact that Ralph won't touch gloves in a public sports arena, couple with some of his past behaviour, does not allow me to respect him as a sportsman. I judge people how they behave in public. There are PLENTY of fighters in various martial sports who make a conscious effort to follow the ideals of sportsmanlike conduct and behave in those ways, out of resect for themselves, their coaches, their opponents, and the sport.

There is no reason for me to 'respect' a two-bit bully/thug like Ralph. And yes, he is an insecure bully and thug. Ask anyone who has had dealings with him.

1. Ralph has beeen my friend and coach for almost 10 years. I like and respect him now as much or more as I did 10 years ago. In person, he is very friendly and a good man.

2. As for not touching gloves, it's called intimidation. Some guys go for the staredown, some talk shit at weighins, etc etc. It is a tactic that he uses, it doesn't make him an asshole, it is just a tactic he uses. Some guys it affects, some it won't.

Hell yeah that was an early stoppage!!

...oh wait, what was that? It wasn't a deathmatch??? Ok, no, then that stoppage was just fine.

He was out cold taking knees to the head...I'm pretty sure that was a good stoppage...

Lol - Kasca = Romo Gracie