Gordon Ryan vs Felipe Pena (betting odds)

Gordon Ryan -800 vs Felipe Pena +425

Gordon might be 0-2 against Pena, but now he’s a huge favorite in their match at WNO on August 7th.

3 Likes

:+1: :+1:

is there a thread in the BJJ ground where everybody gives heads up for upcoming matches and shows ?

If there is, I’m not aware.

2 Likes

We should make this place more active. I personally think Gordon will smoke Pena.

Its incredible how Gordon doesn’t use any crazy attributes (so it seems). In guard it looks like hes just hanging out. Vs someone like MG who moves like a cat lol

4 Likes

Gordon is obviously the huge favourite and I think he will win. Would be nice to see him eat some humble pie though. He acts like a douche.

3 Likes

Do the WNO rules have points or refs decision? Or is it a draw if there is no sub? Avoid a sub would be a moral victory for Pena

Unfortunately for Felipe, I believe it’s a no limit, sub only match.

Those are the best. It forces you to use jiu jitsu to either sink or swim.

2 Likes

This specific match is sub only. Their format is pretty cool, some of the previous matches have gone 3 hours before a sub. I’m fucked after a 10 minute roll, I can only imagine how tired they’d be after 3 hours.

They couldn’t wait until ADCC and are they drug testing these guys?

I don’t think there is testing for ADCC. Gordon is definitely on the juice. Pena has been busted multiple times too.

2 Likes

Meh who cares? I watch him cause his skill, not his personality. He isn’t attacking random people on the street so who cares

2 Likes

They all on the juice. Gordon wanted Pena for ADCC as well.

But this is interesting as Gordon is putting up his 100K to Penas 10K

3 Likes

Here is the countdown

What’s your argument? I’m not allowed have a preference on who I want to win a match? LOL.

Not arguing. I just love how people get all upset by Gordons words lol

In fairness to Gordon, it seems he HAS to troll to get matches. Everyone ducks him.

He has to shame people to even take a match.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I’m buying into the hype but I think Gordon runs through him. Gordon is an interesting person. 99.99% of “fighters” who act like him, I hate. He’s the opposite of what I want to see. But like mcgregor, he does in a way that is exciting and makes you want to watch. The key is how successful he is. Everyone claims he’s the best and then sucks it up. Gordon just rolls through people.

4 Likes

He mentioned it on JRE or Lex. He said GSP is the nicest dude ever and people still talk shit, So Gordon figured, fook it Ill just run with being an asshole lol

2 Likes

lol

Pretty much this.

I remember the days when the top guys would all claim that they were the best and then they would rarely face each other.

Now we have Ryan who actively looks for the best guys to compete against and then than half of them duck him.

4 Likes