Got my first L last night

pic.twitter.com/Eoa9Skxllw

— Gentleman's Combat (@Gentlemanscomba) August 13, 2017

I lost by tko and 2:13 of the first round on Urban Fight Night 12

I had some moments of success but I couldn’t put enough together to capitalise and come back. I learned last night the difference between a hobbyist and a fighter. I went in that cage like the former and now I’m determined to become the latter. I will see the inside of a cage again after i fill some fairly glaring holes in my game. Feel free to tell my I suck ug. 

Everyone loses.

You'll be back.

No shame in losing mate...you'll learn from it and it will make you stronger

Keep hustling dude,an good luck in your next one

Win or learn.

Soldier on...

No shame at all.

It looks like you are saying you went in a fighter and are now determined to become a hobbyist.

But good luck in your training and journey.

Do you feel like you were outmatched in the fight or just got caught?

Everyone takes and L here and there. Learn from it and move on. Mad respect for stepping into the cage too, not sure I have the cajones for it. Well, I know I don't have the cajones for it. 

william795 - It looks like you are saying you went in a fighter and are now determined to become a hobbyist.

But good luck in your training and journey.

Do you feel like you were outmatched in the fight or just got caught?

I got blitzed and after that I was panicking, there were opportunities where if i had been able to think clearly I could have taken the advantage or at least survived a bit longer. I’m putting the video up now for you all to marvel at as I cling to a leglock like a damned limpet.

Some of the most respected and loved fighters in MMA history have nearly as many L’s on their records as W’s. Learn and move forward. Much respect 

And yeah woops put fighter and hobbyist in the wrong order, give me a break i got blasted yesterday :)

Losing is apart of life. No need to make any excuses for it, embrace it and learn from it. 

It it takes courage to get out there and compete. Good things to you.

Also this is just amateur so Its not as if this is affecting me deeply financially in the future but you know still stings. Mind you all i've thought of is shit to work on since the moment the fight ended so that at least tells me I'm actually cut out for this rather than deluding myself into it because I like mma.

flemingo - 

And yeah woops put fighter and hobbyist in the wrong order, give me a break i got blasted yesterday :)

Ha just kidding man and good luck!

dhughes -

Not to mention the stress on your family, friends and loved ones. Sorry to be a bummer but it truly seems like a terrible career to get into with so little upside. 

It is not the sole source of my hopes and dreams but I do want to take it as far as I can go, if that's as a fairly shit amateur well that will become apparent soon but if not I'd like to at least become king of pancrase. I'm also studying to be a physiotherapist so I do have a plan for afterwards 

I laughed at you holding the leglock but only cause you mentioned holding on to it lol. Just made it funny having that fresh in my mind. That said I appreciate your attitude afterwards and wanting to get right back into the gym to work on your game. Ill spare you my armchair UFC champ criticisms.

Keep at it man and go as far as you can!

Major props on the walkout song btw

What was your opponent complaining to the ref about at the 6:04 mark of the video after you brought him down and grabbed hold of his ankle?

Anyway, shake it off and get back to training and improving. Many guys never even climb into the cage. Keep your head up, mate. 

Jason -

Some of the most respected and loved fighters in MMA history have nearly as many L’s on their records as W’s. Learn and move forward. Much respect 

True. Hunt and Couture come to mind.