Gracie Judo......

Wow, that's an old school cartwheel pass

JacT - its also interesting that there is zero gaurd work.

'cause it's getting passed :)

Its all grappling..... each with diferent objectives styles and opinions on the importance of diferent positions.

ttt

junon - youd also have to lower your rates.

OUCH!!! play nice lol

I thinks its fair to say BJJ would not be around was it not for Newaza, but the groud game would be no where as revolutionary had not BJJ come along to expose it as one of the most important aspects of fighting.

being said, I say man the fuck up and box it out, thats why we have knuckles lol j/k

ttt

ttt

Sambo is great but imo, the leglocks are from judo, just as most of the rest of the techniques (other than that from wrestling)..Sambo allowed them in the sport where as sport judo did not. Then again Judo allows shime-waza and sambo does not..

Never understood the methodology there (or with judo and leglocks)..I mean sport sambo was invented for practicing combat skills..Yet they dont allow chokes..WTF? I mean sure they got leglocks, but hell which happens more, chokes or leglocks?

One of my instructors is a world champion btw, but he is a judoka first.

I once trained with an old Japanese judoka who choked me like a chicken, literally 100 times in 10 minutes.  MMA aside, these lappel/gi chokes were amazing.  Fantastic for self defense as well as many were standing.  Most people typically wear clothes as well, unless you are appearing on any given episode of COPS.

TrainJudo - Sambo is great but imo, the leglocks are from judo, just as most of the rest of the techniques (other than that from wrestling)..Sambo allowed them in the sport where as sport judo did not. Then again Judo allows shime-waza and sambo does not..

Never understood the methodology there (or with judo and leglocks)..I mean sport sambo was invented for practicing combat skills..Yet they dont allow chokes..WTF? I mean sure they got leglocks, but hell which happens more, chokes or leglocks?

One of my instructors is a world champion btw, but he is a judoka first.

If you're a soldier and for some reason end up in hand to hand combat you don't want to waste anytime waiting for a choke to sink in, you incapacitate your opponent more quickly via breaking their leg. And by incapacitating someone like that, you also tie up other enemy soldiers who would have to carry this guy off.

At least that's what I read somewhere and it makes a lot of sense.

ttt

ttt

ttt

Sweet ass videos Eddie!

^lol.

LittleMick - 

the groud game would be no where as revolutionary had not BJJ come along to expose it as one of the most important aspects of fighting.

Way to repeat the party line.  In fighting Judo is way more dangerous than BJJ.  In fact, Judo is so dangerous that using it is generally a bad idea - since you could kill a dude easily.

Go eat splenda and die

Brazilian Jiudo IMHO.

lol at all Judo troll eating Eddie Bravos bait

lol at all Brazilian Jiudo practitioners getting upset

I would much rather fight Jacare or Marcelo Garcia than fight a Judo Olympian.

Both would beat my ass quickly and easily... but I can't imagine getting thrown by a guy like Kosei Inoue. Even on a thick mat, the throw would KO me. On the street, he would kill me. Literally.